Page 174 of 248 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO turning back the clock tonight...
    Broken record alert:

I'm really happy to see him playing well.

He remains my second favorite Pacer of all time.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post

Not surprised that it is Marc Davis that is tossing him. Davis is a complete . Think Joey Crawford temperament and none of Crawford's ability to actually officiate.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Turner scares me. I know it sounds contradictory, but he's an irrational confidence guy. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Turner thinks basketball owes him, Bynum thinks he owes basketball (for the money). I really think that.
    Where do you get this impression of him from? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't know either way.

From what I've read so far, he seems like a smart guy, too, and he wants to win, so I think he'll do the math. If he does, then otherwise I welcome having an irrational confidence guy coming off the bench. They can win games without being in a position to lose you games (because you can put the starters back in).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bynum thinks he owes basketball? I don't know many able bodied guys that park diagonally in a handicapped spot that think they owe anybody anything...
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-23-2014 at 10:44 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Looks like the playoff race in the East has basically sorted itself out. Toronto and Chicago have created space in the race for 3rd and 4th. Looks like they will get home court in the first round. Detroit has fallen out of the race for a playoff spot, leaving WAS, CHA, ATL and BKN fighting it out for the last playoff spots.

Charlotte seems to be on a roll. Crawling up from 8th to 6th. Nice job by the zombie bobcats.

Glen Davis to sign with the Clippers. Jason Collins will sign a 10 day contract to replace Reggie Evans with the Nets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ppers/5756793/
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Good thing Glen Davis didn't go to the Heat, he's a big body they could use oh Hibbert for spurts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Good thing Glen Davis didn't go to the Heat, he's a big body they could use oh Hibbert for spurts
    I hinted at him NOT going there. NO MINUTES. They weren't gonna bench Birdman or trash-dumpster Oden just to give him minutes. On the Clippers, he's the best big man behind Blake and DeAndre. He WILL play ahead of Hollins and the other guy. Also with Caron Butler, he's got a sore ankle or something leg related. I doubt he will ask Milwaukee for a buyout now. I think he's only got what two weeks or less to do so?

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I hinted at him NOT going there. NO MINUTES. They weren't gonna bench Birdman or trash-dumpster Oden just to give him minutes. On the Clippers, he's the best big man behind Blake and DeAndre. He WILL play ahead of Hollins and the other guy. Also with Caron Butler, he's got a sore ankle or something leg related. I doubt he will ask Milwaukee for a buyout now. I think he's only got what two weeks or less to do so?
    Oden doesn't even get regular minutes

The rule is this. Whatever NBA team you're on March 1st, that's the only team you can play for in the playoffs. So they have until Friday to negotiate a buyout/get waived.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Oden doesn't even get regular minutes
    True. But after all the behind-the-scenes work they did with Oden to get him to this point, it'd be bad for team chemistry and overall image.....if they just said. "Now, we're gonna bench you Greg for the remainder of the season + playoffs because this Glen Davis guy is coming here now. So, good work but. Time to take a seat old buddy."

Currently, Ben Gordon and Charlotte are in "slowly progressing" buyout talks. The Granger buyout stuff MIGHT happen. But it seems there's a strong chance it won't. Meanwhile, Ivan Johnson (ex Hawk), might sign with the Clippers. Antawn Jamison could end up in San Antonio or Chicago.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Bynum thinks he owes basketball? I don't know many able bodied guys that park diagonally in a handicapped spot that think they owe anybody anything...
    He owes basketball 100% effort because he, I assume, wants to keep making a fortune. I'm not talking "love of the game" stuff, I'm talking him being smart enough to realize if he doesn't **** this up he's in line for a really nice payday come summer.

Antawn Jamison could end up in San Antonio or Chicago.
    Antawn Jamison's NBA career is over, or at least it should be. He has nothing left.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA ‏@NBA 43s

RT @MiamiHEAT: LeBron James (broken nose) has been ruled out of today’s #HEATgame vs the Chicago Bulls.

Wimp. Stick some cotton in there and go!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Antawn Jamison's NBA career is over, or at least it should be. He has nothing left.
    He can still hit that 3 ball though. I think.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    NBA ‏@NBA 43s

RT @MiamiHEAT: LeBron James (broken nose) has been ruled out of today’s #HEATgame vs the Chicago Bulls.

Wimp. Stick some cotton in there and go!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Where do you get this impression of him from? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't know either way.
    .....If he does, then otherwise I welcome having an irrational confidence guy coming off the bench. They can win games without being in a position to lose you games (because you can put the starters back in).

I thought I read the opposite? Doug Collins said he has a tendency to get down on himself, and that's one thing he tried to correct with Evan. He's the opposite of an irrational confidence guy.

For all the complaining the Pacer fans do about the officiating, the Clippers are the guys with a real complaint. I don't know why but they are getting hosed pretty much every 3rd time down the floor. Doc Rivers must owe Scott Foster money.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Nice if the Clips and Bulls could win today

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Roy was the man in that game. It was definitely my favorite in-person game in LA.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Kobe, Nash, Fisher, Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal are the only players left in the league from the 1996 draft that's incredible.

Sports Logo

Looks like Oden is starting for the Heat today against the Bulls.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lebron is soft. I broke my nose last week and it isn't as painful as you'd think. (after the impact obviously)
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan