Page 168 of 248 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I think I'm going with Warriors shirt + lucky Pacers cap for tonight's Warriors/Heat game. Double rivalry karma.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Just wondering about this when thinking about how we are going to keep Lance. We can cut Scola and his 4-5 million dollar contract can't we? So if we cut Scola shouldn't that give us around 8 or 9 million to give Lance, and we can give the back-up PF spot to Copeland giving us a bench of:

C.J. Watson
    Orlando Johnson
    Solomon Hill
    Chris Copeland
    Ian Mahinmi

Can one of you cap guru's tell me if this is right?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yup, final season of Scola's deal is less than $1M guaranteed. I think it's likely that he is released to make room for Lance... and if the Pacers can figure out a way to salary dump Copeland, that will probably be enough to re-sign Lance if he's willing to stay for like $9M per. Only thing is, unless you get a vet on a pretty steep discount, that really hurts your bench. And there's a decent chance that someone (like my Mavericks) offers Lance $12M a year.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, final season of Scola's deal is less than $1M guaranteed. I think it's likely that he is released to make room for Lance... and if the Pacers can figure out a way to salary dump Copeland, that will probably be enough to re-sign Lance if he's willing to stay for like $9M per. Only thing is, unless you get a vet on a pretty steep discount, that really hurts your bench. And there's a decent chance that someone (like my Mavericks) offers Lance $12M a year.
    My hope is that Copeland is somehow dumped in the next week.....or no later than the Draft.

But if Scola is let go....then the reality is that the Pacers ( like it or not ) have a Backup PF on the roster. It's not optimal...but Vogel has said that Copeland is a PF......so there may not be a real need to get one.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Why is it that as a paying subsciber to NBA league pass, I cannot view NBA TV online... From the game time app... That really baffles the hell out of me...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a LPBB subscription and I had to go to a less-than-reputable website to actually watch the damn game this evening. Definitely not going to be coming back next year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I have a LPBB subscription and I had to go to a less-than-reputable website to actually watch the damn game this evening. Definitely not going to be coming back next year.
    The thing that sucks for me is that I live far enough away to where I dont get the games regularly, so my only option is to order league pass... Well, when I go to work (I work nights) my employer has an IP out of the Fort, so I cannot watch the damn games at work... So, I feel that I am paying all of this money to watch roughly half of the games that I truely want to see... PACER GAMES!! So I make the most out of it and watch all the other games that I can... The worst part about it IMO is that I cannot even go back and watch archived Pacer games like I can of any other team... If I can find another, more efficient way to watch Pacer games, I will be a much happier person...

Blazers/Clippers just set an NBA record for most lead changes in a game (36 and counting). Hell of a game

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Nothing on the MIA/GSW game?! I was hoping to get my updates here... Good game in LA right now...

Lebron hit a game winner 3!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Such a horrible sports night.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LeBron is going Cleveland crazy mode lately with his play and his talk of being an all-timer. The Heat may put it in another gear...or the all-star break may be the perfect stopping point for a potential roll they may get on.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Rough d-league trip for Orlando

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wade unsure he will play in the all star game.

A. If you've sat out as much as he has why even consider it?
    B. I hope he sits out cause he's a douche.
    C. If he doesn't decide until tomorrow night or something do they still name a sub?

Marc Stein said on twitter if Wade sits then Lowry is next up.

I want a new offense.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Marc Stein said on twitter if Wade sits then Lowry is next up.
    That's crap

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    That's crap
    Lowry has been significantly better than Lance.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Lowry has been significantly better than Lance.
    Not saying he doesn't deserve it he's been pretty good no doubt but lance on that all star stage would be sweet to watch

O well we got joe Johnson to watch exciting

Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but I was just reminded by listening to Reggie broadcast the TNT game.

Did you know that you will not find a Reggie Miller jersey for sale at Banker's Life Fieldhouse?

Either Reggie or his agent banned the Pacers from continuing to sell his jersey, according to someone in the giftshop. Apparently they have a warehouse full of Reggie jerseys that they can't do anything with. Isn't that strange?

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but I was just reminded by listening to Reggie broadcast the TNT game.

Did you know that you will not find a Reggie Miller jersey for sale at Banker's Life Fieldhouse?

Either Reggie or his agent banned the Pacers from continuing to sell his jersey, according to someone in the giftshop. Apparently they have a warehouse full of Reggie jerseys that they can't do anything with. Isn't that strange?
    Reggie Miller used to be my favorite player and one of my personal heroes. The way he has treated the Pacers organization since his retirement has been nothing short of assholeish. He could have done so much more then he has. Really turned me off in regards to him. I appreciate what he did for the franchise, but I can't stand him as a person anymore.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    That's crap
    Kyle Lowry is the best guard in the East.

Just looking through the schedule, looks like the Pacers have beaten every team in the league besides OKC, Phoenix and the Mavs. Pretty impressive thing to do before the All Star break.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: