Page 161 of 248 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

A scorer at what position? SG I'd assume, I would figure the Pacers would try and dump Copeland, maybe putting OJ or Solomon as bait.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

maybe somebody on a cheap expiring deal like CJ Miles. no clue what we'd give up to make any sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    maybe somebody on a cheap expiring deal like CJ Miles. no clue what we'd give up to make any sense though.
    Cleveland wants young pieces for him I'd assume. We could give them a second rounder as well. Not sure if they want or need anymore 1st rounders. I'd imagine their asking price can't be too high. They won't make the playoffs. So they have no need for Granger or any of our vets.
    Last edited by Grimp; 02-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I don't think other teams have seen enough of Donald Sloan to wanna trade for him. That leaves Copeland, Orlando, Solomon, or maybe Ian? I doubt they'd trade Ian though. Because the Bynum experiment is gonna be a work in progress way beyond the trade deadline. Ian is insurance. So....

Orlando
    Cope
    Solomon
    2017 1st rounder
    or 2014 2nd rounder.

We have two 2nd rounders this year? I thought we had one?
    When we traded BRush to the Warriors for Amundson, they sent the Pacers the Warriors 2014-2015 2nd round pick.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I am curious as to what the Pacers Salary Cap situation is after the Bynum deal.

Do we have any trade exceptions left that would impact the Salary Cap?

Knowing how much we have to spend ( or take on ) would give us a better idea about what the Pacers can and cannot do.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

A scorer to take whose minutes, exactly?

Probably so Lance doesn't play with the bench. Lance is currently logging all 1st quarter and most of 2nd quarters. Plus usual starter time in the 3rd and 4th quarters. At that pace, he might be worn out before playoffs.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    A scorer to take whose minutes, exactly?
    This reminds me of Solo's exchange with Derek Schultz on twitter. Schultz was talking about how we shoulda taken Hardaway Jr with some random fan and Schultz was saying how Hardaway'd help more than Solo is in a 5-7 minute shooter role. Solo stuck up for himself asking where those 5-7 minutes magically come from, how Schultz was just making stuff up.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Probably so Lance doesn't play with the bench. Lance is currently logging all 1st quarter and most of 2nd quarters. Plus usual starter time in the 3rd and 4th quarters. At that pace, he might be worn out before playoffs.
    No he's not. Lance is the first guy subbed out of the game, unless a starter gets in foul trouble.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Not sure how Mike Brown makes it out of the day without being fired. The team played with 5 guys most of the 4th. And had to give a technical shot to Cleveland for what...every possession.

Brown is the worst coach in the NBA.
    4 years, $20 million. That's how he keeps his job.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

fyi, Fox Sports 1 is airing a Globetrotters "game." Gus Johnson's calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I am curious as to what the Pacers Salary Cap situation is after the Bynum deal.

Do we have any trade exceptions left that would impact the Salary Cap?

Knowing how much we have to spend ( or take on ) would give us a better idea about what the Pacers can and cannot do.
    No trade exceptions. $1,000,000 of their MLE left, and they used the BAE on Watson.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    No trade exceptions. $1,000,000 of their MLE left, and they used the BAE on Watson.
    How much can we take back in salary before hitting the LT?

The Noah-Gibson-Butler Chicago front court really isn't bad at all.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Every Pacer outcast looks decent in their new stops this year, besides Tyler lol, and Pendy.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

fyi, Fox Sports 1 is airing a Globetrotters "game." Gus Johnson's calling it.
    LOL, over/under 2 years until they shut that channel down? Currently constructed its complete crap unless you're a UFC fan.

For real where was this DJ Augustin last year. Guess he knows he is playing for a contract, he looks so much more confident and motivated.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    For real where was this DJ Augustin last year. Guess he knows he is playing for a contract, he looks so much more confident and motivated.
    he was playing for one last year too

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Augustin, and Green played they way they are this year last year, the Pacers I bet are in the Finals. Green, mainly with his percentages being better, not the style of play.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    The Noah-Gibson-Butler Chicago front court really isn't bad at all.
    Defensively, it's extremely SOLID if not one of the best defensive Frontcourts at he SF/PF/C rotations ( when healthy, of course ). Boozer was complaining about Thibs not using him in the 4th QTR.....geez...I wonder why

27. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    LOL, over/under 2 years until they shut that channel down? Currently constructed its complete crap unless you're a UFC fan.
    I don't know how feasible it'd really be but I'm surprised Fox didn't throw a zillion dollars at the NFL for Thursday Night Football and stick it on that channel. It would've immediately made them viable.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Could it be the way that he was asked to be used in the offense?

Keep in mind.....our PGs are required to spend A LOT of time off-the-ball.....at times, basically waiting for the ball to take a 3pt shot....while ( at other times ) moving the ball around.

In Chicago, he's not asked to do that as much where he's asked to run the offense more while playing less "off-the-ball".

I don't know....just spit balling here.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I would totally want Taj Gibson, after West Retires.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

@qandrews9428

35. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    How much can we take back in salary before hitting the LT?
    About $800,000 away from the luxury tax.
    UncleBuck: