Page 157 of 248 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really lebron? Really? Twice on the same play?

Of course violet Palmer falls for it. She's an idiot.

I think she's also the one that T'd Monroe up last night, too. Can't say I blame him.

If he doesn't get fined...
    @qandrews9428

2. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    If he doesn't get fined...
    We all know he won't.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

6. Lance Stephenson’s entry passing
    Stephenson has turned this into a real asset on a post-heavy team that needs good entry passers. He’s become precise at passing over fronts, even from tricky diagonal angles, and he does so with just the right trajectory and pace to squeeze the ball between defenders. An underrated skill, and something Stephenson has clearly worked hard to improve.
    http://grantland.com/features/a-team-grows-in-brooklyn/

Actually that probably was a foul on Monroe for the second elbow. Although maybe a no call is more warranted. But the way the NBA rules are the refs are supposed to call the foul and then the leagiue office is supposed to deal with the flop.

I think she's also the one that T'd Monroe up last night, too. Can't say I blame him.

I get it when you're an inferior talent doing whatever you can to bridge the gap (like Reggie versus superior guards).

I get it when you really are being hit anyway (like a lot of players).

But this? From him? It's awful. God awful.

And it's one of the reasons I will be gleeful if (when?) we finally beat these guys in May. I hope so.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Actually that probably was a foul on Monroe for the second elbow. Although maybe a no call is more warranted. But the way the NBA rules are the refs are supposed to call the foul and then the leagiue office is supposed to deal with the flop.
    I don't think either hit was Monroe striking him. Incidental contact, or LeBron making sure there was contact, but Monroe wasn't doing anything illegal.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Looks to me like LeBron pulls Monroe's hand to bring that elbow into himself.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't think either hit was Monroe striking him. Incidental contact, or LeBron making sure there was contact, but Monroe wasn't doing anything illegal.
    His elbow hits Lebron's face on the second flop. Now I think you could argue it was incidential contact, both players fighting for position, play on. But his elbow hit Lebrons face

Sports Logo

I am very sure that LeDecision does flop on a regular basis....but in this case.....at least IMHO.....it's arguable that the 2nd elbow by Monroe had legitimate contact to his left jaw. Did he overplay the reaction? Probably....but I get the sense that it is automatic by now for him....any contact draws the reaction from him like he was hit by a ton of bricks.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

His elbow hits Lebron's face on the second flop. Now I think you could argue it was incidential contact, both players fighting for position, play on. But his elbow hit Lebrons face
    Come on, now. It barely grazed him.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Come on, now. It barely grazed him.
    On the second flop, there was contact with the elbow. I would say more than grazing

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Even if I agreed with it being 'more than grazing', which I don't, it wouldn't make him whip his head like that. It was a 1-2 count reaction.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How come the NBA won't change the rules to getting the elbow about your own shoulders? It looks like to me that Violet is reacting because there was some contact with the elbow to his face, but look at how low he's getting his body and in-turn making his face low. A face that should be up over 6ft high is now down to 4ft by him lowering his body for leverage. Sucks that big men are penalized. If that elbow got him in the arm, it would keep the play alive. Put your face where your arm should be, foul.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Even if I agreed with it being 'more than grazing', which I don't, it wouldn't make him whip his head like that. It was a 1-2 count reaction.
    Of course not, but that is a separate issue for the refs.

Of course not, but that is a separate issue for the refs.
    I mean, on technicality it's debatable, but I think we all agree the refs let plenty of things go, too.

But that's not even my gripe; it's the fact that we all know he isn't even getting warned by the league for this, which is a joke.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I really think that LeDecision ( and many floppers....even Lance ) has conditioned/trained himself to automaticallly react like he was hit with a ton of bricks when he receives any type of contact ( whether it is being brushed by a fingernail or actual contact with an elbow )....or even when it looks like there will be close ( but no actual ) contact from the Player that he's guarding ( think the phantom elbow by Boozer to Bosh in the Playoffs a few years back ).

I think that they do this cuz they know that they will get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the Refs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Am I the only one who thinks Lebron does get fouled on the second elbow from Monroe? Yeah he embellishes it, but it is absolutely a foul IMO.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Yeah but any sort of contact to the face is going to draw a foul call. Lebron definitely sells it don't get me wrong, but I do think the second elbow is a foul. I guess I don't get as riled up about people selling a play if there's an actual foul. I think that's part of the game, we have several guys on this team who would do the same thing. I know with Lebron there is a history of him getting away with it when there isn't a foul, but I think in this case there was. Also, it is hard for me to complain when the NBA IMO really called our series with them last year pretty fairly. I did not feel there was much unfair treatment, in fact as we all know Lebron fouled out.

Flopping is an interesting thing, I mean Lance has been fined once, when I can probably find a couple flops from him a game. There is really no consistency in the NBA and Lebron is certainly not the only one who benefits from it. They will never make it go away if there is no consistency. Lance rpobably should have been fined like 20 times now.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's really hard to tell if the second elbow makes any legitimate contact with LeBron's face because:
    A.) It's a bad angle to judge that sort of thing; and
    B.) LeBron's overselling of the possibly minor contact is so blatant and cartoonish you can't take it seriously.

It almost makes me wish Moose would have just clocked him when he had the chance... I feel like that should either be a tech for LeBron for flopping or a no-call. Even if Monroe's elbow touches LeBron's face there, the reason for that is that LeBron is leaning way in and inviting the contact. Monroe couldn't naturally lower his arm like a normal human being there... shouldn't be a foul on him there unless he winds up and cracks LeBron in the jaw.

Edit: And not to beat a dead horse, but it is still extremely embarrassing and disappointing that the face of the NBA plays this way. He's one of the all-time greats but he resorts to childish games like this instead of just playing harder. Reminds me a lot of James Harden and how infuriating it is to watch him play, because he's spectacularly talented but devotes so much energy into pretending he got hit and haphazardly throwing himself in the way of players outside of a natural defensive play to try to draw charges instead of trying to play real defense. Same reason why I mostly can't stand watching Chris Paul play, as great as he is. I have zero problem with a guy trying to take a legitimate offensive foul, but these clowns that are doing 360 spins, flailing their arms, screaming, and holding their faces as if they took a right hand from Mike Tyson just makes me a little embarrassed to watch the sport.
    Last edited by spreedom; 02-04-2014 at 05:00 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

I think you meant LeBron's face hit his elbow. Watch it again and focus solely on Monroe's arm. It's stationary.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Dude. You can read a calendar. Y'know what two decades ago was? A year short of Glenn Robinson's rookie year.
    And he has a college age son now....

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I think you meant LeBron's face hit his elbow. Watch it again and focus solely on Monroe's arm. It's stationary.
    No, it is moving, but look at Monroe's hand. I would swear LBJ yanks it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    And he has a college age son now....
    Two, his youngest'll be a freshman linebacker at Purdue next year.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I guess I just will never understand how Lebron can be constantly avoid flopping fines....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Just to clear this up for everyone, LeBron got called for a foul on that play.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post: