Page 153 of 248 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

The Thunder have outscored Miami 96 to 60 without Kendrick Perkins.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just from the feel of this game OKC is going to break this game open in the 2nd half.
    Hey, you were right.

OKC is the best team in the NBA. Durant is just playing awesome. PG can get there but his shooting is not at Durant level yet
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool, another Heat loss. The Thunder have the West to deal with so they'll have more chances for L's, plus I like to go 1 step at a time, so prefer the Heat loss to OKC losing.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

OKC peaking too soon. It's hard to imagine Durant sustaining this through to a ring.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now, it's the former Pacer show...Augustin, Dunleavy, Pendy (or Ayres) all starting lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Tomorrow is a must win. Not only do we need revenge against the Suns, but make Miami fall back to 4 games.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    OKC peaking too soon. It's hard to imagine Durant sustaining this through to a ring.
    You're right.....KD and OKC may be playing at an insane level now....but at least in this particular instance.....specifically a game against the Heat on their home court...I think that a blow out loss on the Heat's home turf, in front of the Heat Fans and national audience was more about sending a message.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

If we face the Thunder we won't win. Gotta hope somebody we match up well against out west upsets them. Like LA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like the Rockets will win back to back games without Harden after losing back to back games with him. Of course it is Dallas and San Antonio without 2/3 of their starting line.

OKC looks great. I gotta give Vnzla credit, two years ago in the finals he was all over taking Perkins out and I thought they should stick with that line up.

OKC looks awesome and I think you have to call them the favorites right now, but the team I like against them in the playoffs is the Clippers.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    OKC looks great. I gotta give Vnzla credit, two years ago in the finals he was all over taking Perkins out and I thought they should stick with that line up.

OKC looks awesome and I think you have to call them the favorites right now, but the team I like against them in the playoffs is the Clippers.
    Pretty sure that has always been the majority opinion about Perkins. He has been awful almost his entire tenure in OKC. They are a much better team without him.

I really like Ibaka and Collison together, Jones is a pretty good fit as well.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    If we face the Thunder we won't win. Gotta hope somebody we match up well against out west upsets them. Like LA
    How bad am I that my first thought was "He thinks the Lakers are going to upset the Thunder?"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Saying Perkins should not be getting all of those minutes, even two years ago, is like saying that Orlando Johnson should not be playing above Lance Stephenson.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Saying Perkins should not be getting all of those minutes, even two years ago, is like saying that Orlando Johnson should not be playing above Lance Stephenson.
    Especially against Miami.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

To be fair to me, OKC had just made the finals with Perkins in the starting line up, then won game 1 and nearly won game 2. It was a young team and I figured why mess with what got you there. By game 4, Miami had completely figured out how to exploit OKC with Perkins on the floor. But going into the finals I don't remember there being a great outcry to drop Perkins from the rotation, just after it started to fall apart in the middle of that series.

Not the best NBA game I've seen all year, but it was very fun. You don't get to see the two best players in any sport directly matched up with each other ever.

Hard to argue that Durant isn't capable of beating Lebron in a playoff series now. He's raised his game to that level.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Not the best NBA game I've seen all year, but it was very fun. You don't get to see the two best players in any sport directly matched up with each other ever.

Hard to argue that Durant isn't capable of beating Lebron in a playoff series now. He's raised his game to that level.
    A lot will depend on what happens when Westbrook comes back. If Durant is still at this level with him then I think they're the team to beat for sure, if he has to scale back then it hurts OKC. They need a hero and sidekick, not 2 major heros...Miami won their titles once Wade stepped back and let LeBron be the man when absolutely necessary.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course you don't know in what shape they will be come playoffs but can you see the Thunder being eliminated by any other team in the West? I don't. You could say Clippers maybe but I just don't see it. SA against athletic teams has suffered mightily. Memphis pulling a miracle? Nah.

Right now they look scary and with Westbrook being out. Some say, him coming back, may affect Durant. Yeah... I don't think that. It didn't when they both played together. Durant will still be taking his shots and lighting people up. What a player. Makes everything look effortless.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Of course you don't know in what shape they will be come playoffs but can you see the Thunder being eliminated by any other team in the West? I don't. You could say Clippers maybe but I just don't see it. SA against athletic teams has suffered mightily. Memphis pulling a miracle? Nah.

Right now they look scary and with Westbrook being out. Some say, him coming back, may affect Durant. Yeah... I don't think that. It didn't when they both played together. Durant will still be taking his shots and lighting people up. What a player. Makes everything look effortless.
    Maybe the Warriors? All they need to some hot shooting and they will have a great chance.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't trust them in the playoffs. Let's see if they can reach the 2nd round again first. Plus I firmly believe the quality of Durant and Westbrook alone is too much for them.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Maybe the Warriors? All they need to some hot shooting and they will have a great chance.
    The Warriors got to be about the easiest possible team for OKC, if Westbrook is 100%. The guy is an excellent defender and will make Curry work hard, and OKC can win either in a shootout or close game against the Warriors. It's kind of weird saying the Clippers may be the big road block for OKC but I think it's true. OKC rolled San Antonio in 2012, Portland just doesn't have the experience, and while I'd place Houston as a second possibility, they're going to shoot out of games more than in games. A 1 vs 8 against Memphis may bruise them up to start the playoffs, but I don't think the Grizz are as good as previous years.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    The Warriors got to be about the easiest possible team for OKC, if Westbrook is 100%. The guy is an excellent defender and will make Curry work hard, and OKC can win either in a shootout or close game against the Warriors. It's kind of weird saying the Clippers may be the big road block for OKC but I think it's true. OKC rolled San Antonio in 2012, Portland just doesn't have the experience, and while I'd place Houston as a second possibility, they're going to shoot out of games more than in games. A 1 vs 8 against Memphis may bruise them up to start the playoffs, but I don't think the Grizz are as good as previous years.
    My hope is that the Thunder will have to face some 2 Team combination of the Spurs/Warriors/Blazers before they make it to the NBA Finals against the Pacers . I don't see any Playoff Matchup between those 3 Teams that wouldn't wearing them down.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    i'm not sure this guy knows the definition of "realistic"