Page 152 of 248 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OKC with Durant and Westbrook scares me more than any other team in the playoffs, including the champs. We do not match up well with them and their home court is much more of a factor than Miami's.
    Agreed. I honestly believe the only team in the way of a championship for the Pacers this year is OKC and I'm fairly rational most of the time. I don't think many teams have the athleticism to really attack the two weaknesses on this team. They can attack both. They can play pressure defense on the ball handlers and have the athleticism to attack our front court by getting out on the break. They terrify me.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Man, I am loving Kobe in his old age. He's become less serious, respectful, funny, and I love that he's been visiting classes at colleges. He clearly sees he won't be in basketball all his life and is starting to explore other options. It's cool to see. I always figured he'd be one of those dudes that goes out ungracefully, but maybe I'm wrong.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Here is a quick look at the remainder SOS for all the NBA teams in an easy on the eyes graph.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/heres...ule-1502304453

The good news is that the Pacers stay the same while the Heats schedule is more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    SOS for all the NBA teams.
    "the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked" quadrant, featuring 9 of the 10 worst teams in the East

Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 01-29-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the bottom line is that the Pacers and Miami should be penalized 10 games each for playing in the East.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Why do the rockets have a three man announcing team? Confusing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    OKC with Durant and Westbrook scares me more than any other team in the playoffs, including the champs. We do not match up well with them and their home court is much more of a factor than Miami's.
    Worst case scenario and a nightmare matchup for me. I would give us few chances against them. Thing is, I just can't see a team from the West eliminating them in a 7 game series.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

The best hope I have for a potential series against OKC is our coaching staff. I want to see what they do with plenty of time to plan and adjust for defending the Thunder over 4-7 games before I panic. But it is a series that, while I'd be wildly happy that we were even in the Finals, would still make me very nervous.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Member Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Attached Images Attached Images
    Oldness comes with a smile
    To every love given child
    Oldness comes to rile
    The youth who dream suicide

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    The best hope I have for a potential series against OKC is our coaching staff. I want to see what they do with plenty of time to plan and adjust for defending the Thunder over 4-7 games before I panic. But it is a series that, while I'd be wildly happy that we were even in the Finals, would still make me very nervous.
    I'd agree with this. I'm just afraid we'll have a grueling 6 or 7 game series with the Heat. If we manage to come out of that fray, we may not have the legs to keep up with Durant and Westbrook and they might hit us early in the series with a two game deficit that we may not be able to overcome.

Sort of like when the Colts finally beat the Pats to get to Super Bowl XLVI, and after that first kickoff where Hester took the ball to the house, you were like, "Oh *****".

Colts went to SB XLI

Giants went to SB XLVI that was here in Indy

Gonna be a good night of basketball.

But I expect the Heat to win, they match up too well against the Thunder without Westbrook. OKC wouldnt stand a chance in a 7 game series against Miami.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...elebrity-game/

Kevin Hart, Erin Heatherton lead players for NBA All-Star Celebrity Game

I’m not sure of the exact number, but I believe Kevin Hart was in 258 movies last year. Maybe not “Gravity” but I think every other one.

So I’m not sure how he has time, but the two-time reigning MVP will be back for the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, which takes place on Feb. 14, the Friday night of All-Star weekend in New Orleans.

The NBA released the rosters and they include Erin Heatherton (Victoria’s Secret model), Nick Cannon (“America’s Got Talent” host), Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg (both of ESPN Radio’s “Mike and Mike”), Jesse Williams (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Columbus Short (“Scandal”), Michael B. Jordan (“That Awkward Moment”), Terrence Jenkins (E! News), Kristen Ledlow (of NBA TV’s “Inside Stuff”), Stan Verrett (ESPN SportsCenter anchor), and Arne Duncan (U.S. Secretary of Education).

Among the pros there will be three-time NBA Champion Bruce Bowen, plus WNBA stars Skylar Diggins of the Tulsa Shock and Elena Delle Donne of the Chicago Sky.

ESPN’s Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose will coach the teams. ESPN will televise the game beginning at 7 p.m. ET on Feb. 14.

The NBA All-Star Weekend is Feb. 14-16 in New Orleans.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hate Kevin Hart.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

I can take him at times but Chris Tucker was funnier.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I hate Kevin Hart.
    I wish I could thank this 100 times.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Reggie and the bench is gonna have to play huge for OKC to have a chance tonight.

I suspect Lebron going off tonight to prove a point to the MVP race, jmo.

Most non Pacer game excitement so far this year for me.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Lowry 17 points, 4 assists in the FIRST quarter.

Just from the feel of this game OKC is going to break this game open in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Lowry 17 points, 4 assists in the FIRST quarter.
    They only have three players who can consistently score, someone is going to get points, if DeRozan gets 20 points in 1st quarter, DeRozan better than PG am I right.

Coaching? Screw that, make Simmons play.

Never forget.

OKC beating Heat at their own game of small ball and spread out offense.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi View Post
    i love this. People have been rough on him around here

Durant is just an amazing shooter.

Just going to say, when you have two teams with both top 5 offense and defense, the better offense will win.
    Last edited by immortality; 01-29-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't believe the heat fans haven't left yet!

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    I can't believe the heat fans haven't left yet!
    I'm sure they were just leaving home to come to the game and saw Miami was down so they just stayed home.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post: