Page 15 of 248 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Not much bench action for Suns or Blazers lol, seeing it looks like bench scored a combined 25 points between the two teams. I already wish I could replace Portland w/ the Pelicans in my playoff predictions, Lillard and Aldridge are fringe all-star players, and Batum is a decent 3rd wheel, but the rest of their team pretty much sucks.

Plumlee played about 40 minutes in the game.

I don't concern myself much with him, the Pacers made a championship caliber move getting Scola for winning plays, and hitting a mid-range shot or two, and inbounding the ball will be huge in a lot of situations.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much bench action for Suns or Blazers lol, seeing it looks like bench scored a combined 25 points between the two teams. I already wish I could replace Portland w/ the Pelicans in my playoff predictions, Lillard and Aldridge are fringe all-star players, and Batum is a decent 3rd wheel, but the rest of their team pretty much sucks.

Plumlee played about 40 minutes in the game.

I don't concern myself much with him, the Pacers made a championship caliber move getting Scola for winning plays, and hitting a mid-range shot or two, and inbounding the ball will be huge in a lot of situations.
    Had we not traded for Scola, Plumlee would have actually moved up in our rotation....to be the fifth big behind Roy, West, Ian, and Copeland. He would have seen playing time only in garbage time or when we're down a guy or two to injury. I'm happier with Scola, but I also believe that Plumlee would have eventually been a quality backup for us.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 10-31-2013 at 01:35 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Had we not traded for Plumlee he would have actually moved up in our rotation....to be the fifth big behind Roy, West, Ian, and Copeland. He would have seen playing time only in garbage time or when we're down a guy or two to injury. I'm happier with Scola, but I also believe that Plumlee would have eventually been a quality backup for us.
    Copeland doesn't get time now, there's no room for Plumlee on this team right now, Ian is actually playing pretty well in his first two games. If Plumlee rocks out on a crappy Suns team, then good for him, but I think he's just kind of was the beneficiary of tons of minutes, and a tempo pushing offense w/ 2 PG's, he got lots of garbage buckets that he never would get on the Pacers team currently constructed.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Copeland doesn't get time now, there's no room for Plumlee on this team right now, Ian is actually playing pretty well in his first two games. If Plumlee rocks out on a crappy Suns team, then good for him, but I think he's just kind of was the beneficiary of tons of minutes, and a tempo pushing offense w/ 2 PG's, he got lots of garbage buckets that he never would get on the Pacers team currently constructed.
    I meant to say if we didn't trade Plumlee for Scola, so there would be room for Copeland or Plumlee in that case. I think with that roster he would have played the same role as Pendergraph did for us. But, again, I'm happier with Scola.

lmao. dalembert part is priceless.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brandon Jennings just tweeted he'll be back sunday vs. Boston, a week earlier than anticipated.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Is this the season thread for all things around the NBA?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Is this the season thread for all things around the NBA?
    Traditionally, this is for any news bits or random thoughts not important enough to warrant its own thread.

It was started with the purpose of condensing all the unimportant non-pacers posts into one place.

It also serves as a pretty cool timeline if you want to go back and check out the old ones.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-31-2013 at 01:54 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Brandon Jennings just tweeted he'll be back sunday vs. Boston, a week earlier than anticipated.
    You seem quite excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You seem quite excited.
    Given the makeup of our roster, point guard is as important on this team as any team in the league.

Heck yes, I'm excited to see what a talent like Jennings can do with those three monsters up front, instead of Will Bynum ad-libbing everything for 40 minutes.

We outscored the wizards 56-28 in the paint last night and we didn't even run an offense. Josh Smith was playing point forward half the time. It was terrible.

I'm glad we won, but we won because we had more talent than the other team and dunked over their heads for most of the game. It wasn't because we played good basketball.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-31-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Cool Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

So the jury is out on Miles.

Larry Legend is right, again.

What a surprise!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kstat: I know this is slightly off topic, but having made a few trips up to the area around Auburn Hills I can safely say I understand and do not blame people at all for not going to Pistons games. It's way the hell out there. The Red Wings are slated to get a new downtown arena...why would the Pistons not share that arena with them like other NBA/NHL teams? Being downtown would really help them with attendance. Also, a return to the playoffs wouldn't hurt.

Gores has said repeatedly that he's open to moving the pistons downtown, but it's not like the palace is across the state. It's very accessible by car, right off of I-75.

Also, the palace is still an awesome arena. I wouldn't want to move them to a mediocre arena not really built with basketball in mind.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Gores has said repeatedly that he's open to moving the pistons downtown, by it's not like the palace is across the state. It's very accessible by car, right off of I-75.
    Well, yeah, almost everything is accessibly by car or else I'd have to assume attendance would be a real issue for those of us not equipped with jet packs. It's just out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Well, yeah, almost everything is accessibly by car or else I'd have to assume attendance would be a real issue for those of us not equipped with jet packs. It's just out of the way.
    My point is it's a quick ride. Very little traffic, gigantic parking lot. The convenience you lose in distance you more than gain back in accessability.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroo...JEPrIY.twitter

Tony Parker Announces Fiancee Expecting Baby Boy
    By: Fox S.A. Staff

San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker will soon be a father.

Parker announced early Thursday morning on Twitter and Facebook that he and his fiancee, French journalist Axelle Francine, are expecting a baby boy.

"Hey just wanted to say that I'm very happy today," Parker tweeted. "Me and my future wife going (sic) to have a baby boy!!!"

Parker and Francine have been dating since early 2012.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Tony Parker taking a step up from Eva. His new fiancee' is gorgeous.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Banned

@stephenasmith: Check this out y'all: http://t.co/lpJjVzFWXr

So true.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @stephenasmith: Check this out y'all: http://t.co/lpJjVzFWXr

So true.

Agree with Michael Smith on this one. Outside of Screamin' A's shtick, that was actually a cool video.

Not sure where to post this, but it is nice to read a well-researched article from the national media about the Pacers.

The Star doesn't tell us more than we already know and the pacers.com website is too chaotic for me. Thank god for PacersDigest to read (sometimes) thoughtful dialogue about our team. I am just happy that the season started!

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Kstat: I know this is slightly off topic, but having made a few trips up to the area around Auburn Hills I can safely say I understand and do not blame people at all for not going to Pistons games. It's way the hell out there. The Red Wings are slated to get a new downtown arena...why would the Pistons not share that arena with them like other NBA/NHL teams? Being downtown would really help them with attendance. Also, a return to the playoffs wouldn't hurt.
    I wouldn't have gone to Detroit last year if the arena had been downtown. Plus there is nothing wrong with the Palace as it currently stands.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Obligatory Halloween video post:

R.I.P.

Banned

@sam_amick: At @USATODAYsports: On Jimmer Fredette's latest NBA setback & a surprising revelation from his trade landscape - http://t.co/hncZ5mOL8J

@sam_amick: @Indyvnzla81 Only know number, but unclear which teams.

Banned

@basketballtalk: Report: Kings decline option on Jimmer Fredette, will be free agent next summer http://t.co/8XNrtapNWL

Copeland for him?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @basketballtalk: Report: Kings decline option on Jimmer Fredette, will be free agent next summer http://t.co/8XNrtapNWL

Copeland for him?
    Wouldn't he be behind OJ and Solo Hill ? And then his defense is probably just as bad as Copeland.