Page 145 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Impressive, but I get the feeling the basket wasn't at 10 feet.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m

Gallinari never had the ACL surgery in April, only surgery to repair his meniscus. Story soon on Yahoo.

Details
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m

Denver Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari had reconstructive ACL surgery on Tuesday will miss the entire 2013-'14 season, sources tell Yahoo.

Details

Wow.... I would be so pissed if I were a Nuggets fan right now....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m

Gallinari never had the ACL surgery in April, only surgery to repair his meniscus. Story soon on Yahoo.

Details
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m

Denver Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari had reconstructive ACL surgery on Tuesday will miss the entire 2013-'14 season, sources tell Yahoo.

Details

Wow.... I would be so pissed if I were a Nuggets fan right now....
    wait, wut?

^So, it turns out medical marijuana does not fix ACLs...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    wait, wut?
    Danilo Gallanari has missed so many games, it seems after all this time Knicks and Nuggets have ended up being the same state of badness after the trade. At least Nuggets have a picks to improve.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

So apparently Tony Kornheiser said that PG's 360 the other night was not impressive and not very hard to do.

On another note, everybody's favorite people over on First Take were really talking us up once again today.

Lance gets fined for flopping: http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/21/s...ing/index.html

**** off, NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Lance gets fined for flopping: http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/21/s...ing/index.html

**** off, NBA.
    Do u disagree? Or do u disagree due to it happening a lot and they don't do it to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    Do u disagree? Or do u disagree due to it happening a lot and they don't do it to everyone?
    Definitely the latter. I can't tell if it's a flop from that video, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were. I don't like the fact that Lance is getting fined for a "flop" that had no impact on the play at all. If the refs don't call it, and it's not an egregious violation, does it really need to cost him five thousand? If it weren't Lance, would this have been an issue at all? I don't think so. I think he's being targeted for whatever reason.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

**** off, NBA.
    Honesty, I do not blame them for giving him a fine for flopping. I re-watched the play...I think that Lance was dribbling fast enough that when he ran into Curry that it does warrant some reaction from Lance....but Lance's reaction after running into Curry IMHO does look like he was trying to "sell" he collision as something worse than it really was.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Definitely the latter. I can't tell if it's a flop from that video, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were. I don't like the fact that Lance is getting fined for a "flop" that had no impact on the play at all. If the refs don't call it, and it's not an egregious violation, does it really need to cost him five thousand? If it weren't Lance, would this have been an issue at all? I don't think so. I think he's being targeted for whatever reason.
    Im glad they called him out on it, I like how lance plays but when he's doing those things it seems like it takes the focus off winning vs trying to get a call. I don't want the pacers way of "winning" to be talked about lances flopping which is does a bit of.

But then I hate it due to watching other games where it's the same plays and they aren't even being warned about flopping.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

**** off, NBA.
    I think Lance definitely sold it.

But you CAN clearly see Klay Thompson push off chest high into Lance.

Enough to knock Lance over, possibly. Enough to knock him over THAT emphatically, no.

I don't like it when anyone flops. LeBron, Lance, anyone. But it's VERY obvious that the NBA is protecting LBJ from these warnings and fines, because if they were calling these evenly and fairly, LBJ would have dozens of fines by now.

That being said, I hope Lance knocks it off.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Honesty, I do not blame them for giving him a fine for flopping. I re-watched the play...I think that Lance was dribbling fast enough that when he ran into Curry that it does warrant some reaction from Lance....but Lance's reaction after running into Curry IMHO does look like he was trying to "sell" he collision as something worse than it really was.
    It wasn't on the curry play for the fine

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For whatever reason?? Oh i think we know what the reason is...some of us have been alluding to that very reason and showing some concerns that this sort of thing was going to evolve...

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

You get suspended for flopping eventually right?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    So apparently Tony Kornheiser said that PG's 360 the other night was not impressive and not very hard to do.

On another note, everybody's favorite people over on First Take were really talking us up once again today.

Even Skip Bayless is pretty big on us nowadays.

Kornheiser is probably the last person on earth who can't give the Pacers any credit. It's probably because he is a Knicks fan who is still bent over last year's humiliation.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    It wasn't on the curry play for the fine
    It wasn't that one? WoW...ok...which play was it then? The Curry flop was the most obvious to me.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post

Kornheiser is probably the last person on earth who can't give the Pacers any credit. It's probably because he is a Knicks fan who is still bent over last year's humiliation.
    Wilbon called him a hipster once. Seems to fit

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It wasn't that one? WoW...ok...which play was it then? The Curry flop was the most obvious to me.
    He was trying to go for an offensive rebound in the 4th quarter, Thompson face guarded him might have pushed him but lance exaggerated it and ended up sitting on the ground. It was a good flop call out

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post

I'm still convinced Kornheiser hasn't even watched a Pacers game in the last 5 years.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Celtics might be looking to trade Jeff Green according to Real GM. I think we should seriously look into getting him. He'd be awesome off the bench with Scola, Danny, CJ, and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Celtics might be looking to trade Jeff Green according to Real GM. I think we should seriously look into getting him. He'd be awesome off the bench with Scola, Danny, CJ, and the rest.
    Salary cap. Luxury tax. You do not understand. Stop brining up fantasy trade ideas that have no chance of happening.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Salary cap. Luxury tax. You do not understand. Stop brining up fantasy trade ideas that have no chance of happening.
    Would you do Danny for Green? I'd think about depending on what Herb says if Larry were to request permission for such a move.

Would you do Danny for Green? I'd think about depending on what Herb says if Larry were to request permission for such a move.
    They are not getting killed by the luxury tax over Jeff green. Let it go.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I think we should trade our bench with Miami Heat starters, instant Championship.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post: