Page 144 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The hapless Bobcats haven't even won a playoff game in their short history
    have they ever even made the playoffs?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    have they ever even made the playoffs?
    Yeah, they made it one year when Larry Brown was the coach and got swept.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Okay. I'm pretty happy with 3 championships for the time being. I suspect I will be for a long time. Not many fans are so lucky, so I'm thankful for what I have.

If dumars doesn't get it turned around this season, he's gone, and we can start over. No biggie.
    Didn't the Fort Wayne Pistons win a couple of NBA titles way back.

Edit: Nevermind those were NBL titles
    Last edited by Ragnar; 01-20-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Yeah, swept by Orlando in 2010.

Creating the Bobcats was one of the most unnecessary things in NBA history.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Didn't the Fort Wayne Pistons win a couple of NBA titles way back.

Edit: Nevermind those were NBL titles
    They made it to the nba finals twice in the 50's and lost. Good series, though.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

That last play in LA was hilarious,

but DJ Augustine's line is wow: 27 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 threes, 1 steal, 3 turnovers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    when was that in game? i wanna hear the commentators.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

You know its bad defense when Melo shakes his head at it.

Mood

I'd be stunned if Beal were available in a Monroe trade. I'd imagine they have more interest in him as a FA.

Beal on a rookie deal for Monroe coming into a big contract makes no sense. Not even the Wizards are that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Beal on a rookie deal for Monroe coming into a big contract makes no sense. Not even the Wizards are that stupid.
    Wizards fans are pretty obsessed with the guy, so I dunno. If they want him they're going to have to pay him and they know that already.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Sports Logo

IMHO....I think that LeDecision is going to be worn out by the time the Playoff starts. The guy plays virtually every game over the last 1.5 seasons with long playoff runs while picking up a lot of the slack for Wade ( when he sits ) and the rest of the Team when they don't step up. He's still playing at a very high level....but the guy just appears to be carrying the Team on his back.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    I'd be stunned if Beal were available in a Monroe trade. I'd imagine they have more interest in him as a FA.
    Except the Pistons will trade him long before that. Whoever has him at the end of the season is going to match whatever offer to retain him.

Except the Pistons will trade him long before that. Whoever has him at the end of the season is going to match whatever offer to retain him.
    Right, working out or not, Monroe's damn good, Detroit will and should match any offer. "Worst" case Detroit has to match the same deal we did with Roy (I know we didn't actually match, Roy never signed), but let him sign an offer sheet and keep the raises down. Figure it out after that.

Wizards fans are pretty obsessed with the guy, so I dunno. If they want him they're going to have to pay him and they know that already.
    They'd have to be Kathy Bates-level obsessed to give up two and half more years of Beal at $5 million for Monroe. This is the same team that gave up what could end up being an outstanding draft pick for a one year rental of Marcin Gortat so I guess I shouldn't put it past them.

They'd have to be Kathy Bates-level obsessed to give up two and half more years of Beal at $5 million for Monroe. This is the same team that gave up what could end up being an outstanding draft pick for a one year rental of Marcin Gortat so I guess I shouldn't put it past them.
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. If they want Monroe they are going to have to get him now, because they won't have a chance in FA unless they have his rights.

Beal is nice but let's be honest it isn't like they're giving up on an all-star. His PER is terrible for a guy drafted for his offense. He carries more value to the Pistons because the one thing he does really well is shoot threes.

Beal is nice but let's be honest it isn't like they're giving up on an all-star. His PER is terrible for a guy drafted for his offense. He carries more value to the Pistons because the one thing he does really well is shoot threes.
    Most players aren't all stars when they're 20 years old. Like you said he's lights out from three (44%) and the Wizards refused to trade him for James Harden. Why would they trade him for someone worse than Harden?

Most players aren't all stars when they're 20 years old. Like you said he's lights out from three (44%) and the Wizards refused to trade him for James Harden. Why would they trade him for someone worse than Harden?
    If they had it to do over again, I'm thinking they would. Beal hasn't been very good outside of that one thing. There are 30 shooting guards in the nba with better PERs, and Beal doesn't play good enough defense to make up for it.

By every measure, he hasn't been the guy they thought he'd be this season, nor has he complimented Wall like they anticipated. You could say the same thing about Monroe and drummond.

Now I'd take him for Monroe because as you said, he's 20 and should improve, and he fits our roster better than he does washington's. But he's also coming off of multiple injuries to the same knee, so there's risk of him becoming Brandon Roy 2.0 as well.

It won't break my heart if there's no deal here, but if they really want to acquire Monroe, they have to know that they aren't going to get him without offering up Beal.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-21-2014 at 09:18 AM.

If they had it to do over again, I'm thinking they would. Beal hasn't been very good outside of that one thing. There are 30 shooting guards in the nba with better PERs, and Beal doesn't play good enough defense to make up for it.

By every measure, he hasn't been the guy they thought he'd be this season, nor has he complimented Wall like they anticipated. You could say the same thing about Monroe and drummond.

Now I'd take him for Monroe because as you said, he's 20 and should improve, and he fits our roster better than he does washington's. But he's also coming off of multiple injuries to the same knee, so there's risk of him becoming Brandon Roy 2.0 as well.

It won't break my heart if there's no deal here, but if they really want to acquire Monroe, they have to know that they aren't going to get him without offering up Beal.
    Beal and Wall haven't been gangbusters together but they've also barely played together due to various injuries between them. No way does Washington just give up on it for at least another season or two, especially with Beal on such a cheap deal.

I agree with you that Beal is the only asset could trade for Monroe, which is their own stupid fault. They could have kept that 1st rounder and tried to work a deal around that when Detroit started shopping Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    You know I would feel sorry for him except for the fact that he was on a good team and demanded to be traded away to a big market with no consideration to the fans or team mates he was leaving. For that alone I enjoy watching his team implode year after year.

The irony is that the fool could have signed with the Knicks outright had he simply waited until the 2011 off-season. But he was worried about the looming lockout and losing a few bucks, so he pushed for a trade and the Knicks foolishly went along by trading multiple quality assets: Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton (who later returned), and multiple draft picks. All so Melo could get to the Big Apple a few months early and get swept out of the playoffs by the Celtics.

He made his bed by being a selfish fool who couldn't see the big picture. And the Knicks, being the miserably run organization that they are, bid against themselves. The Knicks and Melo deserve one another. He's upset that they aren't good, but he seems to forget that his forcing a trade there is a major reason for that. The Knicks could have used the assets given for Melo to get another quality player. Melo and the Knicks both got too caught up in the moment and couldn't see the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    That last play in LA was hilarious,

but DJ Augustine's line is wow: 27 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 threes, 1 steal, 3 turnovers.

When you look at how DJ has played for Chicago, and how Gerald Green has played for Phoenix, you see why Walsh signed both guys that one off season. I just think they didn't work out on our team. DJ wasn't a starter, and Green had been out of the league for about 2 years before Walsh signed him right?

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

lol. wow. that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    When you look at how DJ has played for Chicago, and how Gerald Green has played for Phoenix, you see why Walsh signed both guys that one off season. I just think they didn't work out on our team. DJ wasn't a starter, and Green had been out of the league for about 2 years before Walsh signed him right?
    Green played for the Nets the year before Walsh signed him.