Page 117 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 5890

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Minny's Radio guy lost his mind after a no-call last night
    http://deadspin.com/t-wolves-radio-a...ium=socialflow

NO ED MALLOY!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

NO ED MALLOY!
    That was strange. David Guthrie and the other guy swallowing their whistle, I can understand. Guthrie is a pretty ordinary [And by ordinary I mean bad] and the other guy is young, i think. But Ed Malloy has been a pretty good official and normally will make a tough call. Malloy really bailed out on this call. It seemed a pretty clear foul.

Uhhhh... the radio guy did not lose his mind or over react in my hearing. Was that a pathetic non-call, absolutely.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Uhhhh... the radio guy did not lose his mind or over react in my hearing. Was that a pathetic non-call, absolutely.
    Did you listen to the audio link? (not the youtube link, thats the tv call)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

NO ED MALLOY!
    It's tight, but Love may have had his foot on the line anyway.
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Remember when Lance got a technical foul for taunting at the start of the season for holding the ball with his one hand and faking for a pass in the face of his opponent? Lance has done the same thing like a thousand times after it and never been called again. What an absurd call that was at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

The league admitted Love got fouled

FWIW, Lance got the tech for putting the ball in the face of the other guy. Now, when he does the one handed fake pass, he does it into the air or off to the side. Not directly into the face of the opponent. There is nothing wrong per se with the one handed ball fake, it is the ball to the face that is taunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Remember when Lance got a technical foul for taunting at the start of the season for holding the ball with his one hand and faking for a pass in the face of his opponent? Lance has done the same thing like a thousand times after it and never been called again. What an absurd call that was at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    FWIW, Lance got the tech for putting the ball in the face of the other guy. Now, when he does the one handed fake pass, he does it into the air or off to the side. Not directly into the face of the opponent. There is nothing wrong per se with the one handed ball fake, it is the ball to the face that is taunting.
    FWIW...Lance could have been easily faking a one handed pass to the basket. Thus ball faking towards the guys face. It was actually a genius move by Lance because Tony Allen wasn't even paying attention and his reaction was exactly want you want when you ball fake. He was caught off guard and Lance proceeded into his move. Then the official ruined it.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/12/31/k...s=iref:nbahpts

Happy New Year J.R. we cut your brother!
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Rockets just lost to the Kings. If they don't turn it around this whole city might as well give it up. T top it off they ran the only hockey in town off and they were pretty good.

Mood

Pacers best record in the league with the impending lost by OKC from the Blazers

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by zaldylee View Post
    Pacers best record in the league with the impending lost by OKC from the Blazers
    That was an ugly last minute of the game, nobody wanted to win the game it seemed.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

KD stunk up that 4th quarter. Unlike him.
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Good stuff from, I think, NBA TV Canada. From r/nba.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

happy New Year Jason Kidd

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Banned

So I'm watching the replay of OKC/Portland it's really amazing to see Brooks play the crap out of Perkins, I still don't understand the mancrush this is JOB with Troy Murphy but worse because Perkins sucks bad.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    So I'm watching the replay of OKC/Portland it's really amazing to see Brooks play the crap out of Perkins, I still don't understand the mancrush this is JOB with Troy Murphy but worse because Perkins sucks bad.
    Is it me, or does Perkins set the most moving picks in the NBA? Even if his legs are set, he puts his shoulders into the defender

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

These clipper announcers kill me they've been decent for 2-3 years and by the way they talk you would think they were the spurs or lakers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    Is it me, or does Perkins set the most moving picks in the NBA? Even if his legs are set, he puts his shoulders into the defender
    Yeah he does that all the time, he is probably the worse starter in the league horrible player.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    These clipper announcers kill me they've been decent for 2-3 years and by the way they talk you would think they were the spurs or lakers
    They're probably the worst I've heard.

Here's a couple more D-league games that might be worth watching.

Anyone else realize Gilbert Arenas has the 3rd highest Salary in the NBA and he's been out of basketball for 2 years?

He's slated to make over $3 million more than LeBron James this season.

There actually is a basketball player on earth more overpaid and less productive than Amare Stoudemire!

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

what is going on with the Nuggets? They have lost 8 straight. They started the season slow then played very well for several weeks to get to 14-9 and now they have lost 8 straight?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Anyone else realize Gilbert Arenas has the 3rd highest Salary in the NBA and he's been out of basketball for 2 years?

He's slated to make over $3 million more than LeBron James this season.

There actually is a basketball player on earth more overpaid and less productive than Amare Stoudemire!
    Just barely.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post: