Page 215 of 248 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

This Pistons/Sixers game is comedy gold, two teams trying to lose. Even though the 76ers are up by 20+ and will probably break the losing streak, I just saw them blow a 4 on 1 and 5 on 2 fast-breaks.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This Pistons/Sixers game is comedy gold, two teams trying to lose. Even though the 76ers are up by 20+ and will probably break the losing streak, I just saw them blow a 4 on 1 and 5 on 2 fast-breaks.
    #savethepick

The pistons need to lose out. They know it, everyone around the nba knows it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Right now the Pistons would be the #8 pick right if everything fell into correct order? I would think they'd want another team to pass them just in case someone 9-14 happens to pass them in lottery, then they fall to 9 and the Hornets get their pick.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I expected the Sixers to win tonight, but not by 30+.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Right now the Pistons would be the #8 pick right if everything fell into correct order? I would think they'd want another team to pass them just in case someone 9-14 happens to pass them in lottery, then they fall to 9 and the Hornets get their pick.
    Yep.

84% chance right now of keeping it. Move into 7th and it becomes a 99% chance.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    It's been out for a few months now. A little late on the hype, now all they need to fix is the blackouts
    I DVR the games I want to watch this year, because broadband would rarely work. I logged into broadband today for the first time in a while and saw the feature.

I don't have any blackout issues. I get all the games Pacers included.

Next feature they need to add is full condensed games. 48 minutes. The condensed games is an offensive coaches dream, but doesn't paint the best picture of the game. I need all of the game, just take out all the stoppages. I will take the 25 minutes over no condensed games, but make the feature even better in the future.

Dutch Pacers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Yep.

So you guys gonna give the Bucks a victory tonight?
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

Yep.

It's a stiff challenge, to expect to pull off a loss vs. the Pacers
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Love watching Ray McCallum play so fundamentally sound. This is pretty much a meaningless game, but fun to watch one of my favorite college players from last year playing well.

Scotty Hopson just won the lottery:
    gets $1.35M for the next 7 games

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...e-roster-moves

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

#savethepick

The pistons need to lose out. They know it, everyone around the nba knows it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Love that movie....bout time for me to pop in the blu-ray again.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Love watching Ray McCallum play so fundamentally sound. This is pretty much a meaningless game, but fun to watch one of my favorite college players from last year playing well.
    Good for him. I remember and going to BSU games, seeing him dribble around the court and basically acting like the whole arena was his playground. I was jealous then, and even more so now. I wish Ray Sr. would come back to Muncie.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Seems like everyone is confused about the Pacers struggles, only if we could be a fly in the room.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ba...-season-swoon/

Dirk putting on a freaking clinic right now. Completely evaporated the Warriors lead

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    Dirk putting on a freaking clinic right now. Completely evaporated the Warriors lead
    I watched the Mavs offense to make me forget about Pacers offense yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    I watched the Mavs offense to make me forget about Pacers offense yesterday.
    Man if the Pacers started cutting/curling harder we could cure some of our offensive woes.

CURRY!!!! Big shot, great game.

Splash!! Curry FTW...
    2013-2014 Pacer fan's asperations...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    Splash!! Curry FTW...
    Yeah....Pacers and PG24 take note.....Teams, like the Warriors ( who are fighting and scraping for the last Playoff spots ) are winning games that they are supposed to be winning...at the most critical time of the season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Yeah....Pacers and PG24 take note.....Teams, like the Warriors ( who are fighting and scraping for the last Playoff spots ) are winning games that they are supposed to be winning...at the most critical time of the season.
    Actually, they've had several losses at home to under .500 teams which should've never happened. Had they won those, last night's game wouldn't have been critical. They do seem to get up for road games vs. good teams, so I suppose that's good....but if there's a reason Mark Jackson isn't with the team next year, you can probably point to home losses against the Wiz, Bobcats, T-Wolves, Knicks and Cavs.

O'Neal got away with a goaltend.
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    O'Neal got away with a goaltend.
    He did, but at least it was close enough that nobody can clown the refs for it......unlike all those karate chop hacks that Dirk was getting away with for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    ....but if there's a reason Mark Jackson isn't with the team next year, you can probably point to home losses against the Wiz, Bobcats, T-Wolves, Knicks and Cavs.
    I'll go with him being a total D that nobody in the org likes.