Page 214 of 248 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any one see this?

@ESPNStatsInfo: Dion Waiters: 1st career buzzer-beater for LeBron James' former team tonight

It's ridiculous, but putting the words "LeBron James" into a tweet probably moves the needle more than any other name or phrase in sports on twitter.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

"LeBron James chooses to lose against the (insert team here)"

We'll see something like that by the time his career is over.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I was happier than waiters when that shot went in.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    this is funny

lol. still can't beat von vafer though. that **** cracks me up everytime.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Y'know, it's not completely inconceivable that Portland could miss the playoffs. They only have a 2-game lead on Dallas, who is presently 9th.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Y'know, it's not completely inconceivable that Portland could miss the playoffs. They only have a 2-game lead on Dallas, who is presently 9th.
    Wow. I never looked at the standings that close.

That'd be amazing if that happened. And Charlotte would get their pick too, unless they got in the top 3.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sixers lost their 26th straight, tied with the post-Lebron year Cavs for longest ever

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    After watching them play a few times and seeing the video above, sounds as good a reason as any for him to stay away.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I feel like this is part of the reason for the Turner trade. Evan might not be as good, but not totally convinced Danny can avoid little injuries like this. I know this might not be connected to the knee, but I could see these injuries popping up off and on.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I feel like this is part of the reason for the Turner trade. Evan might not be as good, but not totally convinced Danny can avoid little injuries like this. I know this might not be connected to the knee, but I could see these injuries popping up off and on.
    I'm still skeptical about this trade. Granger was a shooter and we could need this down the road
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    I'm still skeptical about this trade. Granger was a shooter and we could need this down the road
    Meh, I dig the trade, another distributor for when Lance goes into "me" mode, and as we saw the other night he can come up with some big plays in the clutch. Danny hadn't been shooting well.

I love DG, always have always will definitely top 5 favorite Pacers ever, but the simple fact is that he has unfortunately been destroyed by injuries and age :/
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

18. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

So it's going around that DRose might be back for the playoffs. I would rather avoid the Bulls even without Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    So it's going around that DRose might be back for the playoffs. I would rather avoid the Bulls even without Rose.
    Source for this? Thibs just said he was not coming back this season

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    Not going to happen. Done for the year. Originator of the rumor is the New York Daily News.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

The Luol Deng was all the confirmation I needed that Rose would not coming back for the playoffs this season.

Spurs fans have to be getting bored. 15 in a row, mostly blowouts, and they're up 19 at the half in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Not going to happen. Done for the year. Originator of the rumor is the New York Daily News.
    It's sad that everytime Rose laces his shoes he has to throw out the disclaimer that he's not returning this year for the playoffs. He's only said that about 100 times and someone still has to restart that rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Spurs fans have to be getting bored. 15 in a row, mostly blowouts, and they're up 19 at the half in Denver.
    You just have to flat out respect what that organization has done for the past decade +

Consistently overlooked because of their non-flashy, workman-like style.

Rarely spoken about as the favorite in recent years. Always looked at as "too old."

Yet year after year they are just a great basketball team. Last year and this year in particular, with the Heat, Pacers, Thunder, etc. getting all the "top contender" hype, they just go about their business. They don't have awful losing streaks. They don't have months of time where they just lose their identity.

They just continue playing fundamental, winning basketball.

I admire the hell out of that team.

I wish we had even HALF of their mental fortitude on a regular basis.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    You just have to flat out respect what that organization has done for the past decade +

Consistently overlooked because of their non-flashy, workman-like style.

Rarely spoken about as the favorite in recent years. Always looked at as "too old."

Yet year after year they are just a great basketball team. Last year and this year in particular, with the Heat, Pacers, Thunder, etc. getting all the "top contender" hype, they just go about their business. They don't have awful losing streaks. They don't have months of time where they just lose their identity.

They just continue playing fundamental, winning basketball.

I admire the hell out of that team.

I wish we had even HALF of their mental fortitude on a regular basis.
    To be fair, their core has been together FOREVER.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Philadelphia has lost 26 games in a row and still doesn't have the worst record in the league.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Turner is shooting better than Danny this year. I'm not saying I was for the trade or really against it. But I have yet to see definitive proof that Granger can be an effective shooter in our offense in particular.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LEAGUE PASS FINALLY ADDED CONDENSED GAMES!!!!!!!

I have been waiting on this feature for 5 years. Best invention in the history of the world besides the thing James Naismith invented !!

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    LEAGUE PASS FINALLY ADDED CONDENSED GAMES!!!!!!!

I have been waiting on this feature for 5 years. Best invention in the history of the world besides the thing James Naismith invented !!
    It's been out for a few months now. A little late on the hype, now all they need to fix is the blackouts