Page 212 of 248 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how KD isn't the MVP this year. Every time Westbrook goes down (thrice now!), Durant steps up.
    I think he will get it. The NBA world seems to be tired of seeing LeBron win it every year. The Michael Jordan Effect as it were. Simply being the best player in the game isn't enough after a while, evidently.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I don't see how KD isn't the MVP this year. Every time Westbrook goes down (thrice now!), Durant steps up.
    Honestly, doesn't OKC have to think about letting Westbrook go? They win games at the same rate with him in as opposed to him being out, and he will likely need a 12 million dollar commitment to get him to stay. I just can't see OKC ponining up the kind of money it will take to keep Westbrook.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Honestly, doesn't OKC have to think about letting Westbrook go? They win games at the same rate with him in as opposed to him being out, and he will likely need a 12 million dollar commitment to get him to stay. I just can't see OKC ponining up the kind of money it will take to keep Westbrook.
    After this season, Westbrook's got 3 years and $50.2 million left on his contract. So OKC would have to trade him if they didn't want to keep him.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    After this season, Westbrook's got 3 years and $50.2 million left on his contract. So OKC would have to trade him if they didn't want to keep him.
    Dang, for some reason I thought he was coming off the books sooner than that. Trade Westbrook or is that blasphemy?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They already gave away harden, so....yeah.

Unless they got a legit star in return, and not just spare parts. And Durant would have to sign off on it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Over the last month, I've noticed a pretty strong push for Joakim Noah for DPOY. I had just mentally given it to Roy but now it seems like that may flip, just judging by what I'm seeing online, which might also mean Roy could also end up on All Defensive second team instead of first. Seemed unthinkable until pretty recently.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As shags mentioned, he still has three years left on his deal. Besides, don't you think that we should wait to see how the playoffs turn out before we act like Westbrook can easily be tossed aside? Three years ago with him they made the WCF's, two years ago with him they made the Finals.......last year without him they lost in the second round. I realize that they lost him in the playoffs and had to learn how to play without him on the fly, but still, they completely lost their swag when he was gone. There's no doubt that this team can obviously win a ton of regular season games without him because Durant is just that good, but I don't think that this team can get to the Finals without Westbrook playing an important role.

OKC's defense is better with Jackson. Their offense is more explosive with Westbrook. So it depends on what you value more, I guess.

Did we know this?

=== Nuggets' Hickson tears ACL ===

Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Tests on J.J. Hickson's knee revealed a torn
    right anterior cruciate ligament, forcing the Denver Nuggets forward to miss
    the remainder of the season.

Hickson, who signed a three-year pact with Denver worth just north of $15
    million last offseason, suffered the injury in Friday's game against Dallas.

In 69 games this season, Hickson averaged 11.8 points and 9.2 rebounds and
    totaled 26 double-doubles.
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ACN4679800.htm

Wow Knicks only 2 1/2 back of the 8th spot had no idea

something interesting Denari tweeted. The Pacers have played 19 of 20 of their back to backs. Heat 13 of 16, Bulls 14 of 17.

That seems like a pretty significant difference. 40 of our 82 games are back to back. 32 of the Heat's are. Pacers are 27-11 in the first 19. Heat are 18-8 in their 13.

I really don't like the "tired" excuse, but when you have a significant amount of b2b games like that, it gains validity.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

With Westbrook and DRose down...and Miami sputtering...this is an opportune time for a ring. It is March 23rd and this team doesn't have that much time to get it together. I think if they can do that, they will be wearing rings in June.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    something interesting Denari tweeted. The Pacers have played 19 of 20 of their back to backs. Heat 13 of 16, Bulls 14 of 17.

That seems like a pretty significant difference. 40 of our 82 games are back to back. 32 of the Heat's are. Pacers are 27-11 in the first 19. Heat are 18-8 in their 13.

I really don't like the "tired" excuse, but when you have a significant amount of b2b games like that, it gains validity.
    My question is, why the hell do we have so many? That isn't fair scheduling.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    My question is, why the hell do we have so many? That isn't fair scheduling.
    With this many teams playing 82 games per season their will always be "quirks" that will be perceived as not fair. Another way to look at this would be to say because the Pacers have so many back to backs they have more time off between games a greater amount than the Heat or Bulls.

Without looking at the schedule you could make an argument the Bulls get to play the Celtics four times while the Pacers only get them three times but have to play the Heat 4.

You will never get a "fair" schedule per say. FWIW the NBA does as good of a job as you possibly can do with respect to scheduling.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

OKC only has 15, so the numbers will never be even. I'm sure travel between games, even with the off days are taken into consideration.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/8/6...-games-bobcats

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post

I'd be interested to see what the record for ALL Teams in B2B games......overall between both games....and how they do in the 1st game compared to the 2nd...and vice versa.

Also....something of particular interest....IF there is something to how Teams do in B2B......the Pacers has ONLY 1 B2B left...whereas the Heat, Rockets, Clippers, Spurs and Thunder ( all of which are pushing for the Best Record in the NBA ) ALL have 3 B2B games left.

Especially for the Spurs....I'm hoping that these B2B games will help the Pacers make up the 2.5 games behind them. I can see Pops resting some combination of the Big 3.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-24-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Is that supposed to be surprising?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo

there's an Outside the Line segment on Pacers scout Kevin Mackey on ESPN literally right now

Banned
    Mood

Atrocious Zan Tabak, a rookie Jonathan Bender, and a second-year Al Harrington... yeah, not that surprising that a team with Larry Bird and Chris Mullin, as washed-up as they were at the time, could beat them.

Sports Logo

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

Isn't that kind of the definition of "lingering"?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

How was the Night of Daye not mentioned even with our horrid game? He must have thought Philly was a summer league team. Oh wait, they are.

OKC loses. Dirk, Calderon, and Ellis were big down the stretch.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: