Page 203 of 248 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think there's a better franchise in sports than the Spurs. The only one I can think of that's on the same level is the Patriots.

When you have a legendary HOF player and great head coach teamed together for well over a decade like the Patriots and Spurs (pushing two decades for Duncan-Pop), everything else has a way of falling into place.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

So CJ strained his hamstring tonight. Guy just can't get a damn break. Is this a big deal or what? He didn't need to be carried off so that's a good sign.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    So CJ strained his hamstring tonight. Guy just can't get a damn break. Is this a big deal or what? He didn't need to be carried off so that's a good sign.
    It's gonna make the Detroit game interesting. Hope you guys like seeing ET at the point.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    It's gonna make the Detroit game interesting. Hope you guys like seeing ET at the point.
    Sloan won't be there tomorrow they're saying so I'd like to see ET at PG. With Solo at SG, LaVoy at PF, and Copeland at SF. Bynum at Center of course.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It might not even take 60 wins to get the #1 seed this season.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-front-office/

Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office

When the Lakers made it official that Kobe Bryant would in fact be out for the remainder of the season, the team held a press conference where Bryant took questions from reporters as is customary in these situations.

But Bryant did anything but toe the company line. He made it clear that he didn’t want to se Phil Jackson get away once again (which he now somewhat officially has), and expected the family running the front office to get their strained relationship straightened out.

Most importantly, Bryant made it clear that if he puts in all of the necessary work to be back playing next season at 100 percent, he won’t have “a lick of patience” for rebuilding, and expects the team to do whatever it can in order to put a roster together capable of winning now, and not wasting one of Bryant’s precious few remaining NBA seasons.

Bryant’s remarks were endorsed by Pau Gasol, who admired his teammate for publicly airing his grievances.

From Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News:

“I’m glad that he spoke his mind,” Gasol said following the Lakers’ 131-102 loss Thursday to the Oklahoma City Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena. “He wants to win. He’s got two years under contract with the franchise. He wants to be in the best possible position to win. Whether you do that publicly or internally, that’s totally up to you. He spoke his mind and you have to respect him for that.”’

Bryant has been Gasol’s biggest supporter within the organization in recent years, speaking up more than once as the trade rumors that were seemingly constant continued to swirl. And the two have formed a close bond — all of which makes Gasol’s reciprocation more expected than it is surprising.

The Lakers are in a difficult spot, to say the least. Waiting one more season before making a big free agent splash seems like the way to go, but then again, wasting one of the final two years of Bryant’s incredible career would seem like a huge mistake.

Assuming he returns fully healthy, Bryant can still play at an elite level, and adding just one more star and the right mix of role players could immediately make the Lakers formidable in the West. But L.A. needs to consider a life without Bryant at the same time, so a win-now plan may not be the best course of action if it ultimately mortgages the team’s future.

Sports Logo

The Lakers are in a unique position to take all the steps to completely rebuild a Playoff bound Team in the upcoming offseason....but only if they get they get the right person to run the FO. The Lakers...just like the Knicks in 2 seasons....will have A LOT of Capspace to completely rebuild the roster around Kobe and around a new Coach.

Again, the question is whether they get a new FO to properly implement the right vision.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The Lakers could end up getting Embiid or Parker or Wiggins, and that would help them rebuild quickly. Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook will be options in free agency, among others. The Lakers will never be down for long.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

I stumbled across this gem today.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Didn't Peja basically sit out of the playoffs because it was a contract year for him and he was afraid of aggravating an injury and not getting a big payday? For some reason I remember that being an issue.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    When you have a legendary HOF player and great head coach teamed together for well over a decade like the Patriots and Spurs (pushing two decades for Duncan-Pop), everything else has a way of falling into place.
    Spy gate says hello
    Impossible Is Nothing

After today, there is a month left in the NBA's season. Indiana, OKC and San Antonio will have 16 games left to play in that month. Miami will have 19.

This hasn't been posted?

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I stumbled across this gem today.
    Man, I remember this.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Didn't Peja basically sit out of the playoffs because it was a contract year for him and he was afraid of aggravating an injury and not getting a big payday? For some reason I remember that being an issue.
    He definitely sat out. I think every other game they played. Irritated the heck out me.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This hasn't been posted?

this is the best thing i have ever watched.

Sports Logo

So, I stumbled upon this:

Man, Dawkins was a beast. I cannot believe that this was a Center that played in the 70s-80s.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lets go Rockets!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

I just can't wait for the Western Conference playoffs. Last year's Western playoffs were the most boring and watered down that I've ever seen from that conference. I think that we're in for a massive bounce back year. Mavs are my darkhorse.

Mood

I am watching Phoenix vs Toronto and Gerald Green has 25 points in 25 minutes making impossible jumper after impossible jumper. It makes me sick seeing him and DJ do this well knowing that if they were even half that good here we would have played in the finals

This cracked me up on a couple different levels, to be fair, I doubt English is the kid's first language, but his friends must suck.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Oden starting for the Heat today. Surprising.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I am watching Phoenix vs Toronto and Gerald Green has 25 points in 25 minutes making impossible jumper after impossible jumper. It makes me sick seeing him and DJ do this well knowing that if they were even half that good here we would have played in the finals
    DJ has come back down to earth in the last month or so. DJ and Gerald had their shots, they blew it. End of story. Gerald did have a good game for Indy when Paul George was out injured last season. But no consistency, turnovers, and didn't play defense.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    They need someone to guard Dwight. Bosh surely isn't going to do it, I bet that Oden will start against the Pacers as well, problem for them is Oden can't play 48 minutes to handle Hibbert and Bynum.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Bosh had requested it....cuz he didnt want to guard nor defend Dwight.

/green
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.