Page 196 of 248 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we don't get past Miami this post-season.........I am already on the FIRE FRANK bandwagon.
    Not saying Frank's a god or anything, but lol

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

If we don't win the title THIS YEAR, I think Larry Bird should be beheaded.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not saying Frank's a god or anything, but lol
    He has no imagination as a coach. That's the problem. I always thought (which was true), the team needed more talent offensively. Well Bird gave it to him. Copeland and Rasual as long shooters, Lavoy and Evan as mid range shooters. But Frank continues to roll out the same subs. Even though Ian has a bruised rib, and LaVoy should be taking his minutes till Bynum plays. Lavoy has at least an offensive game. Ian has ZERO offensive game. Frank is like that guy who has 100 exact versions of the same suit in his closet. He just refuses to do anything bold, new, or different. Even when the situation calls for it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

[QUOTE=Grimp;1802828]He has no imagination as a coach. That's the problem. I always thought (which was true), the team needed more talent offensively. Well Bird gave it to him. Copeland and Rasual as long shooters, Lavoy and Evan as mid range shooters. But Frank continues to roll out the same subs. Even though Ian has a bruised rib, and LaVoy should be taking his minutes till Bynum plays. Lavoy has at least an offensive game. Ian has ZERO offensive game. Frank is like that guy who has 100 exact versions of the same suit in his closet. He just refuses to do anything bold, new, or different. Even when the situation calls for it.[/QUOTE. We have one of the best records in the league.We hit a rough patch and we'll bounce back so take it easy.
    Last edited by Handoverfist; 03-10-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Sports Logo

Lavoy and Evan as mid range shooters.
    simply not true. they're both average, and that's being generous, offensive players.

shot charts:

Allen: year 1, year 2, year 3
    Turner: year 1, year 2, year 3, year 4

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Saying Frank has no imagination is laughable. The guy designed a defense that a large portion of the NBA is trying to emulate.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

simply not true. they're both average, and that's being generous, offensive players.

shot charts:

Allen: year 1, year 2, year 3
    Turner: year 1, year 2, year 3, year 4

They aren't barn burners but I want them shooting over Ian. Turner's ability to get to the paint whenever he wants is also a good thing. Danny couldn't do that. Danny had NO kind of handle. LaVoy is like Scola. He can knock down midrange shots. Just got no PT in Philly. But, LaVoy can also play defense. Scola really can't.

Sports Logo

Hire D'Antoni when the Lakers fire him this summer. Give him 100% control of the offense, win ringzzz.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Saying Frank has no imagination is laughable. The guy designed a defense that a large portion of the NBA is trying to emulate.
    Now if he could just design a decent offense. I don't care how good the D is, sometimes you've gotta shoot it out with teams on those tired-legs nights.

Hire D'Antoni when the Lakers fire him this summer. Give him 100% control of the offense, win ringzzz.
    I wouldn't be against hiring Mike as an assistant. If he'll take the job next season. But not as a coach. No way. Kind of like the NFL. Some offensive coordinators, would make bad head coaches. Mike would be a great offensive designer/assistant for the Pacers. But as a coach? Nope.

Sports Logo

I wouldn't be against hiring Mike as an assistant....But not as a coach
    you legitimately make me smile lol

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Now if he could just design a decent offense. I don't care how good the D is, sometimes you've gotta shoot it out with teams on those tired-legs nights.
    Wait what? This is one of the more backwards basketball statements I've seen. Do you know how hard it is to shoot with tired legs? I mean, wow, amazing. When we are tired we need to rely on our D and our rebounding more than anything else.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 03-10-2014 at 11:08 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Pretty nice showing for former Pacers in LAC-PNX game:

G.Green = 13pts in 5/10 shooting
    M.Plumlee = 12pts, 7rebs, 2bs
    D.Collison = 18tpts in 7/9 shooting
    D.Granger = 11pts in 4/5 shooting in 11mins

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Granger's looking awesome tonight.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Picking the All NBA teams this year is going to be impossible. There are 25 guys you can make a case for. I assumed Roy was a lock earlier in the year but how does he finish ahead of Blake, Dwight, Noah, Dirk, Duncan. George could drop to third team depending on how voters feel about Harden/Steph/Dragic/Parker.

Sports Logo

I'm 100% that PG doesn't deserve to get an All NBA team. cuz money.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Granger is looking like I thought he would in LA tonight. He's a scorer, he just needed to get the ball when he was in position and get the shot opportunities and he wasn't getting either with us. I hope he keeps this up and nabs a decent contract this summer. I really wish we hadn't made this trade.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Granger is looking like I thought he would in LA tonight. He's a scorer, he just needed to get the ball when he was in position and get the shot opportunities and he wasn't getting either with us. I hope he keeps this up and nabs a decent contract this summer. I really wish we hadn't made this trade.
    I think the trade was a terrible fit, but one game. Let's not pretend Danny didn't get the ball enough this year here.

I think the trade was a terrible fit, but one game. Let's not pretend Danny didn't get the ball enough this year here.
    Terrible fit for who?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Terrible fit for who?
    Us

Us
    Meh, this team was always going to struggle when teams figured our offense strategies are really weak. With Watson out, most teams are just packing the paint with Turners/Lance inability to consistently shoot. Granger wasn't shooting that great but w/e

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Not bad for a guy that's completely washed up huh?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm 100% that PG doesn't deserve to get an All NBA team. cuz money.
    Explain please
    "We want Miami"

Oh please God know.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

No, I don't think he did. He's a scorer and we needed someone to fill that role from the bench just like we still do. I'd get him at least 10 shots on average and he didn't get that with us. Now we need to do the same thing for Turner but it doesn't look like that's going to happen either. This is why I don't like Lance with the second unit, he makes himself the # 1 option since he has the ball so much and it prevents anyone from the bench from filling that role.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post: