Page 185 of 248 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to wonder if Lebron had not played 41 minutes the night before (the last 10 or so being completely meaningless) in order to score 61 points,

would he have been 1-7 with 3 points and no rebounds in the second half vs. the Rockets?

I'll take it though!

Miami has trouble against teams with multiple shooters. That's why I was so adamant for Indiana to make a deal at the deadline. The more shooters you have on the floor versus Miami, the more it forces them to take bad shots or have to shoot faster than they'd like. To keep up.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

From Chris Mannix's twitter about the Greek Freak
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/st...73094724796416

He went to Western Union to send money home to Greece before a game. He sent so much back he didn't have cab fare to get to the arena, so he started running. A random couple stopped, asked if he was the Bucks player, and gave him a ride to the game.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

His parent's probably also didn't have enough for cab fare home, after Greece took their cut of the cash.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Melo to the Bulls seems likely

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Korver's stupid streak is finally over.

Good work, Blazers!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Poor Danny. He played less than 4 minutes in his last game. Made me think about how much money he will end up losing this summer if his playing time is that limited for the rest of the season. If he stayed with us, averaging ~20 minutes a game, I'd think a team would have thrown him a 5-6 mil/yr deal or more, still cashing in on that potential healthy return. But if he is just veteran bench fodder for the Clippers the rest of the season, I'm not sure where he goes from here contract wise.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Whichever team that plays Philly on any given night should not receive a full win. Maybe half a win and a gift certificate to Red Lobster, but not a full win. That said, can't wait to play them next week!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    Poor Danny. He played less than 4 minutes in his last game. Made me think about how much money he will end up losing this summer if his playing time is that limited for the rest of the season. If he stayed with us, averaging ~20 minutes a game, I'd think a team would have thrown him a 5-6 mil/yr deal or more, still cashing in on that potential healthy return. But if he is just veteran bench fodder for the Clippers the rest of the season, I'm not sure where he goes from here contract wise.
    Tough to feel that bad for him... he just made like $65M on this contract, and he handpicked the Clippers as his new team after the buyout (that he apparently insisted on getting). I think he's probably at the point of his career where he might get one more guaranteed multi-year deal, but he's probably looking at contracts close to the vet minimum after that. Nice part about that is that he can easily join a contending team as he plays the last few years of his career... but I think he's all but finished as a 20-25MPG player on good teams.

Or who knows... maybe he comes out like gangbusters off the bench for the Clips, carves out a role as a shooter off the bench and hits a few big shots in the playoffs and somebody gives him a 2-3 year deal close to the MLE. For his sake, I really hope it happens, but I just don't see him as a productive, every day kind of guy anymore. Hope I'm wrong.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...fu-video-game/

Shaquille O’Neal Wants You to Fund the Return of the ‘Shaq Fu’ Video Game
    Shaquille O’Neal, a legendary NBA player and very successful business man off the court, is turning to the public for help to bring back one of the worst video games of all time. O’Neal is turning to crowd-funding so that “Shaq Fu” (originally released in 1994) can see the light of day again. Per the AP:
    The four-time NBA champion is launching a crowd-funding campaign to create a “Shaq Fu” follow-up titled “Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn.”

In return, backers could receive anything from a pair of autographed size-22 sneakers to a pick-up basketball game and lunch with Shaq, depending on how much they donate.

“The old ‘Shaq Fu’ was a ‘ha, ha, ha,’” said O’Neal in a telephone interview this week. “This will not be a ‘ha, ha, ha.’”

In the original “Shaq Fu,” O’Neal’s character stumbles across a kung fu dojo while taking a break from playing a charity basketball game in Tokyo. He discovers a portal inside to another dimension where he engages in “Mortal Kombat”-like battles with such characters as an evil mummy, voodoo priestess and cyborg police officer.

The game was derided by Shaq fans for its cheesy story, wonky controls and blatant attempt to cash in on O’Neal’s superstar status. “Shaq Fu” prompted one group of gamers to create the site ShaqFu.com and post photos and videos of fans destroying copies of “Shaq Fu” in unusual ways.

“I don’t think it was the worst,” said O’Neal. “When you talk about the worst, you’ve got to talk about sales. I actually sold a lot of games, but when I did the first ‘Shaq-Fu,’ that was at the end of analog right before digital came out. It wasn’t a bad game. It wasn’t a good game, but it wasn’t awful.”

Unlike the original “Shaq Fu” released by Electronic Arts, “Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn” will be a beat-’em-up game created by Big Deez Productions in the style of “Streets of Rage.” The studio said “A Legend Reborn” will feature Shaq taking on hordes of enemies with hundreds of different moves, as well as melee weapons, in various levels. The game’s soundtrack will be created by Steve Molitz and feature remixed renditions of Shaq songs.

The planned return of “Shaq-Fu” doesn’t mean the 41-year-old basketball champ wants to similarly revive other past side projects, such as his big-screen alter-egos “Steel” and “Kazaam,” or his rapping career.

“I’m way too old to be doing that, but I’m never too old to whoop some (expletive),” said O’Neal.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    I said this before.....but Granger has to compete with Barnes, Dudley, JCraw and Riddick ( when both return ) for minutes in the SG/SF rotation. No way is he going to get minutes over JCraw and Riddick...which leaves 15-20 mpg at the SF spot to split between Barnes/Dudley/Granger. If u ask me which Player is a clear cut favorite over the other....may answer is none of them. At worst, it's arguable.....but IMHO...I'd pick Barnes ( when healthy ) over either Dudley or Granger....and then at that point...between Dudley and Granger....flip a coin for the remaining ( if any ) minutes that are left for them.

I'd be surprised if Granger played any more than 5 to 10 mpg on a regular basis. Joining the Clips may have been an easy route to follow to get into the 2nd round of the Playoffs....but if he thinks he will get regular minutes....enough to show that he still has it? No way.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'd be surprised if Granger played any more than 5 to 10 mpg on a regular basis. Joining the Clips may have been an easy route to follow to get into the 2nd round of the Playoffs....but if he thinks he will get regular minutes....enough to show that he still has it? No way.
    Could be that he knows he doesn't still have it and took his best shot to go along for a ride to a title.

He's not better than Barnes or Dudley. Not that close either.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    He's not better than Barnes or Dudley. Not that close either.
    He is easily the backup small forward with the way Dudley has played this year. Clippers fans do not like JD at all. A sub-9 PER will do that.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...ng-perfection/

I like reading Bill Simmons most of the time, even when I disagree with him, I like his outside the box thinking sometimes. The last part about Stern being around 5 years too long is completely true. If you ever wondered about Simon owning and not selling the team at all, this article probably proves a good reason why.

"It’s no accident that, other than maybe Milwaukee, ZERO professional basketball teams are for sale. Seattle has two billionaires willing to double the sticker price for a handful of the 30 teams; nobody is biting. Throw in LeBron and Durant — the best rivalry, potentially, since Bird and Magic — and all the other star-studded contenders, and it’s an amazing time to run a basketball league."
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/paul...to-mentor-him/

Come on Paul, you have one of the greatest players in the history of the game just down the hall. Why flirt with the enemy... Charles Barkely tore him a new on about this tonight on TNT.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post

ew.

Remember when Reggie asked Michael Jordan to mentor him?

Me either.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/paul...to-mentor-him/

Come on Paul, you have one of the greatest players in the history of the game just down the hall. Why flirt with the enemy... Charles Barkely tore him a new on about this tonight on TNT.
    Why can't he have both?
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Why can't he have both?
    He should have more of a competitive fire burning than to ever want to openly ask for guidance from the one guy keeping him from playing for the NBA championship.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Well we've seen what a total disaster Durant's career has been since he worked out with LeBron for a couple summers.

I'd actually be more concerned/annoyed if Paul George wasn't looking to do anything to improve his game.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I'd actually be more concerned/annoyed if Paul George wasn't looking to do anything to improve his game.
    But Jordan! Killer instinct! The 90s!

NBA fans will respect you more for pretending to be something you're not instead of trying to improve who you are.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I said this before.....but Granger has to compete with Barnes, Dudley, JCraw and Riddick ( when both return ) for minutes in the SG/SF rotation. No way is he going to get minutes over JCraw and Riddick...which leaves 15-20 mpg at the SF spot to split between Barnes/Dudley/Granger. If u ask me which Player is a clear cut favorite over the other....may answer is none of them. At worst, it's arguable.....but IMHO...I'd pick Barnes ( when healthy ) over either Dudley or Granger....and then at that point...between Dudley and Granger....flip a coin for the remaining ( if any ) minutes that are left for them.

I think you're going to be surprised. Riddick is questionable to return but he and Crawford are shooting guards. Granger should be able to earn plenty of playing time with Barnes and Dudley at the sf which is why Doc wanted him. Barnes had a season high night so being a good coach Doc went with the hot hand. For what it's worth it seems like Clippers fans expect Granger to start within a short time.
    Last edited by Pacerized; 03-06-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Don't look now but S.A. might be doing us another favor tonight. 62-51 S.A. at the half.

SA just always finds a way to help. Love them
    Smothered Chicken!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Don't look now but S.A. might be doing us another favor tonight. 62-51 S.A. at the half.
    We'll see how long that lead holds up. I'm gonna guess about five minutes.

James should have had his 4th there. Then he gets it there. Justice.