Page 182 of 248 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I have absolutely no concern over Chicago, Toronto, Washington, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Atlanta or any other non-Miami matchup in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

I'd have a hard time thinking the Pacers have even a 6 game series before the ECF.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I just don't see how Chicago is scoring more than 85 a game against us in a playoff series.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over their last 10 games the Bulls are 9-1 with wins over 6 playoff teams. Over our last 10 we are 7-3 with wins over 2 playoff teams. 10 game stretches don't define a season, but the Bulls are playing damn good ball.
    So still don't mean nothing. They ain't gonna play like the against the Pacers. I hope we play the bulls actually just so they can put a whooping on them. No one is touching the Pacers or Heat.

Chicago even with Drose we still kill em. Look at their team!

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I have absolutely no concern over Chicago, Toronto, Washington, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Atlanta or any other non-Miami matchup in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

I'd have a hard time thinking the Pacers have even a 6 game series before the ECF.
    They are 21-8 2014, it's not that we won't beat them in a 7 game series, it's just going to wear us out.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    They are 21-8 2014, it's not that we won't beat them in a 7 game series, it's just going to wear us out.
    A 4-5 game series with Chicago is not going to wear us out.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

I don't want the Pacers to play Chicago because of the inevitable flood of Bulls fans to the fieldhouse.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    I don't want the Pacers to play Chicago because of the inevitable flood of Bulls fans to the fieldhouse.
    This exactly. It negates the home court advantage slightly. And it's annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    As far as looking towards future seasons, I think a playoff berth this year could really help the Pistons and Bobcats in the long term more than a high lottery pick would. Similar to our '11 playoff series vs the Bulls. I think both teams have more talent than their current record shows and the experience of the higher intensity level of the playoffs would be a huge benefit for them next year during the regular season as well as the post season.
    The Pistons season is over. At this point, it's better for the franchise if they lose games and keep their pick (it goes to Charlotte unless it's in the top 8). They have a much better chance of keeping the pick than making the playoffs.

That said, the most likely scenario is the Pistons won't make the playoffs and won't keep their pick.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pistons really would have been better making the playoffs.

That said, now that they've proven they aren't a legit playoff team, time to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    That said, the most likely scenario is the Pistons won't make the playoffs and won't keep their pick.
    Not really true. They're #8 if the knicks pass them up (and the knicks have no reason to tank), with a decent chance at #7. At that point, they have better odds of landing the #1 pick than they do of falling out of the top 8 entirely.

As the odds are right now, I say 60/40 odds they keep the pick.
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-03-2014 at 07:36 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    The Pistons really would have been better making the playoffs.

That said, now that they've proven they aren't a legit playoff team, time to tank.

Not really true. They're #8 if the knicks pass them up, with a decent chance at #7.

As the odds are right now, I say 60/40 odds they keep the pick.
    Don't forget New Orleans. Now that Holiday's out for the season (along with Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith), they're a legitimate threat to be worse than the Pistons. Plus they really need to tank. They've got to get to 5 to keep their pick.

I feel confident the Cavs will be better than the Pistons. But I'm not sure who else will pass them (I actually kind of like Utah over New York). I hope your odds are right though.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

LeBron has 49 on 17/24 shooting and 8/8 3's. Oh yeah. In 3 quarters.
    @qandrews9428

I don't understand how people can be so blind that they don't acknowledge how well the Bulls are playing. (However they are getting drilled by the Nets tonight )
    I also don't understand how fans can completely ignore that Miami is just laying waste to everyone they play and our Pacers are barely squeaking by inferior opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    I don't understand how people can be so blind that they don't acknowledge how well the Bulls are playing. (However they are getting drilled by the Nets tonight )
    I also don't understand how fans can completely ignore that Miami is just laying waste to everyone they play and our Pacers are barely squeaking by inferior opponents.
    You're right. We should cancel the season. Miami is better than us so what does it matter?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

He finished with 57 but how bad are the Bobcats on defense?

They gave up 62 to Melo last month

Still a great performance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    He finished with 57 but how bad are the Bobcats on defense?

They gave up 62 to Melo last month

Still a great performance though.
    He finished with 61. Bobcats have a really good defense. Just a couple flukes of games.
    @qandrews9428

23. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    He finished with 61. Bobcats have a really good defense. Just a couple flukes of games.

Weird online it just said 57 regardless the Bobcats are still crap on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Weird online it just said 57 regardless the Bobcats are still crap on defense.
    Actually, Charlotte is 5th in the league in defense. So, no, not crap.
    @qandrews9428

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Meanwhile, Al Jefferson just had one of the least talked about 38 point, 19 rebound efforts ever.
    UncleBuck:

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Meanwhile, Al Jefferson just had one of the least talked about 38 point, 19 rebound efforts ever.
    Well compared to this performance it was going to be sorry Al

And tonight is the problem for the Pistons. They beat the Knicks (Drummond had 17 points, 26 rebounds, and 3 blocks), and Utah is getting crushed in Milwaukee.

I'm just not sure who in the bottom 8 is going to pass the Pistons.
    UncleBuck:

Let Lebron pad his stats and play 41 min, instead of resting him for tomorrow vs. the Rockets
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Let Lebron pad his stats and play 41 min, instead of resting him for tomorrow vs. the Rockets
    Lebron doesn't need rest. He's the next step in human evolution.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

or the next step in pharmaceutical enhancement
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post: