Page 181 of 248 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The #1 seed in the East might be more about avoiding Chicago in the second round than home court advantage.

I agree with shags--I don't want to see the Bulls in the playoffs.

Right now, Miami has to beat Brooklyn, and Chicago to get to us. We've gotta beat Atlanta, and Toronto or Washington. Perhaps, the Heat limp into the ECF?

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The #1 seed in the East might be more about avoiding Chicago in the second round than home court advantage.

I agree with shags--I don't want to see the Bulls in the playoffs.
    Really?!!! I know the play with a lot of "heart" but cmon they have no one! Except Noah. Everyone is trash. They beat the sorry asse Knicks, don't mean shtttt! They can't fkning hang with the pacers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Where's Dexter Pittman at these days?
    Warming up the bench for some sorry team! Thats what he get for throwing a cheap shot at Lance. Pittman, hopefully that elbow was worth it cause yo sorry asse ain't gonna be in the NBA much longer

DJ with 23 (21 in 4th) in the Bulls win

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

The Bulls will be tough but I still don't think they have a chance vs us or Miami.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This is one of the main reasons that I love the Bynum addition. We have a lot of expendable big man fouls off the bench. If Dunleavy or anyone else tries anything dirty, then Bynum will be a great goon to send in there and lay a wicked foul.
    Well, he can certainly do that.

And just to clarify, the Pacers will beat the Bulls in a series. But I think it'd be much tougher than playing the Raptors or Wizards.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Raptors are quite good. I'd much rather play the Bulls than the Raps

Bulls will be a much tougher out for the Heat than us, has Derrick Rose ruled out a playoff return?

Guys .... come on .... really?

We're playing for a Championship!

To win it, earn it. Play the best, beat the best, have a parade, bring home that banner and wear that ring.

I fear no one. I hope they all bring it.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Guys .... come on .... really?

We're playing for a Championship!

To win it, earn it. Play the best, beat the best, have a parade, bring home that banner and wear that ring.

I fear no one. I hope they all bring it.
    I'm not scared of us losing to the Bulls in a series, I just know it would be very physical, and they have playoff experience. I'd rather not face them if given the choice between them and say, Toronto or Washington.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    Really?!!! I know the play with a lot of "heart" but cmon they have no one! Except Noah. Everyone is trash. They beat the sorry asse Knicks, don't mean shtttt! They can't fkning hang with the pacers.
    Over their last 10 games the Bulls are 9-1 with wins over 6 playoff teams. Over our last 10 we are 7-3 with wins over 2 playoff teams. 10 game stretches don't define a season, but the Bulls are playing damn good ball.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Over their last 10 games the Bulls are 9-1 with wins over 6 playoff teams. Over our last 10 we are 7-3 with wins over 2 playoff teams. 10 game stretches don't define a season, but the Bulls are playing damn good ball.
    Bulls are just playing for pride though. People have counted them out for 2 straight seasons now. Their play is the reason why fans don't get how teams like Milwaukee and Cleveland are so bad. Problem is, coaches like Thibs and players with heart like Noah don't come along every day.

Bulls remind me of Memphis for the last few years. Can't win a championship but can ruin another teams chance at a championship.

Sports Logo

The score in the Atlanta-Phoenix game is 65-79.

At halftime..

Holy ****...
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

As far as looking towards future seasons, I think a playoff berth this year could really help the Pistons and Bobcats in the long term more than a high lottery pick would. Similar to our '11 playoff series vs the Bulls. I think both teams have more talent than their current record shows and the experience of the higher intensity level of the playoffs would be a huge benefit for them next year during the regular season as well as the post season.

Teams that don't have a great PG or an elite creator IMO cannot beat us and typically don't trouble. Chicago doesn't have one of these. Noah is doing an amazing job, but I just don't see that getting Chicago more than a game against us personally. We have way too many matchup advantages. Especially on the wing, ET, Lance, PG will absolutely murder their trio.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

This week could be CRUCIAL in the battle for the best record. Miami starts out probably their toughest stretch remaining of the season tonight.

vs. Charlotte tonight, then tomorrow @Houston, then Thursday @San Antonio, then Sunday @Chicago, and then they come home to play Washington next Monday and the Wiz are playing pretty well.

We have during that same time period

Home vs. GSW tomorrow, @CHAR Wednesday, @Houston Friday, @Dallas Sunday

If we can go 3-1 and Miami goes 2-3 (not out of the realm possibility IMO), we would be 49-14 next Monday night and they would be 44-17. Either way I think we need to win 3 out of this next 4. If we do any worse than that over this week I'd be getting more concerned about the 1 seed especially if Miami goes 3-2 or better.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Teams that don't have a great PG or an elite creator IMO cannot beat us and typically don't trouble. Chicago doesn't have one of these. Noah is doing an amazing job, but I just don't see that getting Chicago more than a game against us personally. We have way too many matchup advantages. Especially on the wing, ET, Lance, PG will absolutely murder their trio.
    Devil's Advocate: They are extremely well coached, they are still very stubborn defensively (and we aren't exactly world beaters on offense), and they are about the only team in the league that can match up with us decently in the frontcourt. I don't think they would beat us in a seven game series, but I could easily see the series going six games. Hell the Hawks took us to six games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    was that the only game they have played since January 1st?

The question isn't do we want to play the Bulls in the second round. The quesiton is do we want to play the Bulls or the Raptors. Assumng both teams are the same as they are now, I would rather play the Raptors in the second round without question .

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This week could be CRUCIAL in the battle for the best record. Miami starts out probably their toughest stretch remaining of the season tonight.

vs. Charlotte tonight, then tomorrow @Houston, then Thursday @San Antonio, then Sunday @Chicago, and then they come home to play Washington next Monday and the Wiz are playing pretty well.

We have during that same time period

Home vs. GSW tomorrow, @CHAR Wednesday, @Houston Friday, @Dallas Sunday

If we can go 3-1 and Miami goes 2-3 (not out of the realm possibility IMO), we would be 49-14 next Monday night and they would be 44-17. Either way I think we need to win 3 out of this next 4. If we do any worse than that over this week I'd be getting more concerned about the 1 seed especially if Miami goes 3-2 or better.
    I mean we can 4-0, but i think Houston would be the slip up, but I agree with everything you have stated
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    I mean we can 4-0, but i think Houston would be the slip up, but I agree with everything you have stated
    I'm actually more nervous about the DAL game than Houston. We are a bad matchup for HOU as long as PG is guarding Harden. He owns Harden right now. Meanwhile playing Rick Carlisle coached DAL in the last game of a 3 game road trip could make for a bit of a tough game, especially if you watched that DAL/IND game before the ASB.

Apparently Kobe has his own customized piano

So, with Perry Jones starting for the Thunder Kevin Durant is their second shortest player in the lineup.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

So for my own clarification, are those of you who are talking about the Pacers hopefully avoiding the Bulls in the playoffs thinking they're going to make us too tired or hurt to beat Miami later on, that they'll upset us, or are those both concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    So for my own clarification, are those of you who are talking about the Pacers hopefully avoiding the Bulls in the playoffs thinking they're going to make us too tired or hurt to beat Miami later on, that they'll upset us, or are those both concerns?
    They are the only team I think that would even have a snowball's chance in hell at beating us in a series (outside of Miami, obviously), although I really, really don't think they would. It would be physical and I would rather they get physical with Miami and beat on their old guys than wear down our frontline. It's not a major concern, but my general preference would be to play Washington/Toronto in Round 2.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: