Page 179 of 248 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I'm assuming those are all 100's? Otherwise I'd think the pile would be much larger.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good guy Kevin Durant:
    I was working for Fox at the OKC Thunder game last night. After the game, one of our camera operators slipped and fell on the stairs last night. KD is about to walk his mother out, but sees this happen. He said to his mom, "Hold on a minute."He walks up to our cameraman says "Hey are you alright?", he then walks our cameraman back to the production truck. On the way, they talk and decide that his finger might be broken, so they go to the arena's x-ray machine and KD arranges for our guy to get an x-ray right there.
    And to top it off, he waited there with him. Turns out the finger was broken. And once it was over, he walked our guy back to the truck and got him some ice.
    I wasn't in there for the x-ray being done, but I would like to assume that KD personally performed the x-ray and then gave our guy a piece of candy afterwards.
    Anyway, I just thought that was a cool story.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...slip_and_fall/

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Well lets hope a miracle happens and the Knicks win a game

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well lets hope a miracle happens and the Knicks win a game
    Exactly. Knicks need to start winning games.

Meanwhile, heck of a game between the Wiz and Raptors.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Oh Knicks.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Least they aren't the Nuggets tonight, holy crap I had to do a double take when looking at the score.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    How it should have been.

It just boggles my mind that the NBA let one of their most recognizable franchises get murdered in cold blood like that. So depressing

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I could never decide if I loved those jerseys or despised them. Nostalgia has me leaning towards the former.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Watching this Knicks-Warriors game... Man are the Knicks awful.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watching this Knicks-Warriors game... Man are the Knicks awful.
    If any team needed a first round pick it's them lol. Oh well their #nymade

Melo talks all about how he wants to win the championship, so I can't see how he would rationalize in his mind that the Knicks with Dolan leading them can EVER be a serious title contender. Melo to the Bulls, calling it now

Melo talks all about how he wants to win the championship, so I can't see how he would rationalize in his mind that the Knicks with Dolan leading them can EVER be a serious title contender. Melo to the Bulls, calling it now
    Because he thinks, and is, a top tier player. It's the same scenario as Kobe and the Lakers to a lesser degree. They aren't THAT far out from having max money to offer whoever and they've got the NYC market. Realistically Melo's never going to win dick in NY but when you're a top 8ish player in the league you don't think in terms of "man, I could go to X and win" it's "they'll come and win here with me."

And obviously the immediate rebuttal is Lebron. Anyone want to pretend he made a bad decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Because he thinks, and is, a top tier player. It's the same scenario as Kobe and the Lakers to a lesser degree. They aren't THAT far out from having max money to offer whoever and they've got the NYC market. Realistically Melo's never going to win dick in NY but when you're a top 8ish player in the league you don't think in terms of "man, I could go to X and win" it's "they'll come and win here with me."

And obviously the immediate rebuttal is Lebron. Anyone want to pretend he made a bad decision?
    But New York really doesn't have much money to spend until about 2 years from now. It seems even Melo is beginning to show signs of wanting out

Say hello to the NBA's newest super hero!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Tyson Chandler needs to focus on basketball first and stop trying to be a "tough guy" out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Tyson Chandler needs to focus on basketball first and stop trying to be a "tough guy" out there.
    Seems like New York has messed up everyone's game but Melo's

Well we aren't the only team waiting for a piece (Bynum) to make a debut. Phoenix still expects Eric Bledsoe to play sometime in March. No timetable yet though. Meanwhile, Ben Gordon is still negotiating a buyout with the Bobcats. I don't think he's gonna make it lol.

Unpopular opinion alert: I actually liked LeBron's carbon fiber mask. Not really sure why the NBA is outlawing it.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

To echo BlueCollarColts…..the reality is that the Knicks have $48 mil locked up in 3 Players….Amare/Chandler/Bargnani. Not counting the mess of Players that they have guaranteed $$$ to….they will be over the LT next season. The Knicks won't be able to offer ANYONE of significance until the 2015-2016 season.

You think that Melo is going to sign a MAX contract with the Knicks, go through the same garbage for another season and wait it out for the Knicks to have MAX level $$$ to sign Player in 2015-2016?

All this talk about wanting to stay in NY IMHO is lip-service to show that he's not skipping out on the Team that he's on now. I guess it's possible that he just takes MAX $$$ and waits it out in NY for another season….but I don't see Melo missing out on taking a chance to do what the LeDecision, Wade and TagAlong ( all Free Agents ) and take a NEAR MAX contract ( yes, a slight pay cut ) to play with other Elite Level Players in some other city. IMHO…I think that LeDecision/Wade/TagAlong set a precedence by deciding to take a pay cut by taking a NEAR MAX contract with a 4th Year ETO so that their Team could afford to sign other Big Time Players.

I can totally see Melo do that…even by going to the Bulls ( as BlueCollarColts suggested ) with a NEAR MAX Contract….just to play in a Big Market and play with DRose/Butler/Noah. I don't see how the Lakers and any other Team with a HUGE amount of CapSpace won't be courting Melo, LeDecision, Wade and/or TagAlong in the Offseason in an effort to form another Super Team.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-01-2014 at 02:33 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Unpopular opinion alert: I actually liked LeBron's carbon fiber mask. Not really sure why the NBA is outlawing it.
    Agreed. Sports leagues seem to forget that their main source of appeal is entertaining fans rather than making up pointless bureaucratic rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Any updates on GHill for tonight?

Any updates on GHill for tonight?
    Out for tonight.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post

Wth is this about?