Page 173 of 248 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Atlanta just did a better job of it tonight.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I didn't know the Pistons pick went to Charlotte this year if it's not in the top 8. Yikes, if they miss the playoffs and lose their pick that would be rough.

Take two players off the Heat possibility list. Glen BIG BABY Davis will end up in Los Angeles with the Clippers or Brooklyn with the Nets. LA has the edge because they can give him more playing time. Meanwhile, Hoopshype also says Jason Terry will not stay with the Sacramento Kings. He will rehab in Dallas the rest of the season. Which means if JET signs with a new team, won't be till the start of the 2014-2015 season. Players who remain in limbo.......

Earl Clark
    Granger maybe?
    Ben Gordon
    Caron Butler (If Milwaukee buys him out)

The only person I'd be interested in Bird bringing in would be Gordon. But that depends........how do you guys feel about CJ Watson right now?
    Last edited by Grimp; 02-22-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

CJ Watson > Gordon. All day.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take two players off the Heat possibility list. Glen BIG BABY Davis will end up in Los Angeles with the Clippers or Brooklyn with the Nets. LA has the edge because they can give him more playing time. Meanwhile, Hoopshype also says Jason Terry will not stay with the Sacramento Kings. He will rehab in Dallas the rest of the season. Which means if JET signs with a new team, won't be till the start of the 2014-2015 season. Players who remain in limbo.......

Earl Clark
    Granger maybe?
    Ben Gordon
    Caron Butler (If Milwaukee buys him out)

The only person I'd be interested in Bird bringing in would be Gordon. But that depends........how do you guys feel about CJ Watson right now?
    Bird is done making moves, and Ben Gordon is a terrible player, have you seen the Pistons over the last 4 years? He is Grade A Chucker.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Bird is done making moves, and Ben Gordon is a terrible player, have you seen the Pistons over the last 4 years? He is Grade A Chucker.
    I don't want Gordon on the team like YES....LETS GET HIM. But I was presenting a hypothetical. SHOULD the front office wanna replace CJ. BG would be an OPTION. But I don't hate CJ though. I just wish his shot was more consistent. He'd be another formidable weapon for us. Maybe Bynum and Allen can set some screens for him and we can use his mid-range jumper as a bench weapon.

It's really a shame what has happened to his career. Remember how deadly the Bulls were with him, Rose, and Hinrich? It's like when he signed with Detroit, he just...died.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

You really want to kill all team chemistry, Grimp? It's now time to keep the team stable and integrate the three new players and keep the machine oiled and running so that everyone makes the right decisions with and without the ball.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    And when Roy isn't in there, we have 18 fouls between Bynum, Mahinmi, and Allen. When Roy is out, those three guys need to make sure that they lay some wickedly hard fouls on those clowns. Make them hurt when they take it inside.
    Exactly! Make it physically hard for them without having to make it dirty. And try to wear them out, especially everyone around Lebron.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oladipo has been ****ing balling lately. Rookies usually hit a wall but for some reason he is doing better this time of year.

Putting himself in the mix for ROTY?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Manning and Terry Stotts(Blazers coach) look like they've been separated at birth

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Oladipo has been ****ing balling lately. Rookies usually hit a wall but for some reason he is doing better this time of year.

Oladipo is pre-MWP Artest without the baggage.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For one thing, he hasn't played for the Pistons for almost two years. And I wouldn't blame the Pistons' recent failures solely on him. Was he overpaid? Yeah, he sure was. But I wouldn't mind having him at the end of the bench instead of Sloan. Not that I think it's a move that needs to be made or anything, but there are worse players than Ben Gordon. I hope he doesn't end up on Miami, getting wide-open looks playing next to LeBron and Wade.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Oladipo is ROTY now. He's putting up better numbers than MCW now and at least the Magic are trying to win out there.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo

More like running away with it. MCW's been hitting the wall, Oladipo keeps getting better.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    You really want to kill all team chemistry, Grimp? It's now time to keep the team stable and integrate the three new players and keep the machine oiled and running so that everyone makes the right decisions with and without the ball.
    I'm afraid it's a little late for that. We've turned over more than half of the team that knocked on the door of the Finals last year, and replaced great locker room guys in OJ and DG with prickly personalities in Bynum and Turner. Bird has a tendency to only see the good in people. It's paid off in Lance, for example, but he's also been burned by Artest and Shawne Williams. Going "all in" is an apt description. Anytime you sacrifice chemistry -- on an already great team -- for more talent, it's a gamble. We've got our foot on the pedal, going full speed into the final turn, and we're not sure if our brakes work.

I don't think it's fair to put Evan Turner and Bynum in the same category when it comes to potential issues in the locker room. And for that matter I think Bynum will be on good behavior while he's here, too. There's every reason for him to be. I'm not even concerned about ET at all.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    I'm afraid it's a little late for that. We've turned over more than half of the team that knocked on the door of the Finals last year, and replaced great locker room guys in OJ and DG with prickly personalities in Bynum and Turner. Bird has a tendency to only see the good in people. It's paid off in Lance, for example, but he's also been burned by Artest and Shawne Williams. Going "all in" is an apt description. Anytime you sacrifice chemistry -- on an already great team -- for more talent, it's a gamble. We've got our foot on the pedal, going full speed into the final turn, and we're not sure if our brakes work.
    While our roster has definitely went through some major changes, our starting 5 is identical to what was on the floor in the 2013 ECF.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dirk Nowitzki's shot chart so far for February:

24. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dirk needs work on the corner 3's..../green
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't think it's fair to put Evan Turner and Bynum in the same category when it comes to potential issues in the locker room. And for that matter I think Bynum will be on good behavior while he's here, too. There's every reason for him to be. I'm not even concerned about ET at all.
    I'm not particularly "concerned" about any of our new guys, but if we're ranking I'd be more concerned about Turner than Bynum.

Bynum's a weirdo that I think is misunderstood. I like weirdos. I don't think Bynum likes playing basketball but I do think he's smart, I think he understands he's talented in a field he may not enjoy but gives him opportunity to make a fortune and that this is a great chance for him to grow that fortune so do what you gotta do. Turner scares me. I know it sounds contradictory, but he's an irrational confidence guy. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Turner thinks basketball owes him, Bynum thinks he owes basketball (for the money). I really think that.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    No. It was just a suggestion because some people on here are a bit sour on CJ Watson these days.

Dutch Pacers Fan

On a side note, I love Utah's commentators tonight, calling out Kevin Love about being a sh*tty defender. Just because of this the Jazz deserve the W tonight. Also crapping on Blake Griffin, elevating his offense this season, but not stepping up defensively the same way. Loving it. Not the hate, but the honesty!
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

Dutch Pacers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    More like running away with it. MCW's been hitting the wall, Oladipo keeps getting better.
    I hope most people see this too. But maybe I'm biased, I've disliked MCW since he was drafted, seems like a really crappy version of Tyreke Evans. Or maybe I just like watching Oladipo work his tail off (I haven't watched any college for 3 yrs, except footage for the PD Fantasy draft last year)
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

JO turning back the clock tonight...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post: