Page 172 of 248 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

What a block by JO

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a block by JO
    Always love seeing him do well!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Just finished watching the Miami-OKC game. LeBron was basically playing perfect basketball, and Wade was sharp too. Still, on the plus side for the Pacers, the Heat can't rebound and don't have size up front.

OKC looks a little like Miami in 2010 when they lost to Dallas in the finals. Rolling along and then when the pressure builds the wheels fall off.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From Simmons' bad contracts column:

http://grantland.com/features/bill-s...nba-contracts/

Also from Goldsberry: “Here’s an insane stat: 95 NBA players have attempted at least 200 shots inside eight feet this season. The top three in FG% — LeBron (75%), Bosh (69%), Wade (68%).”
    That my friends, is why Roy Hibbert gives them fits. It's like an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Good find, cdash! All the more reason to hope that Bynum will have a positive impact aswell. We've got a lot of quality bigs now.

Off-topic: why in the name of all that is good is there no Olympic Winter Games topic?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Personally, I just don't really care about the Olympics very much so I haven't talked about it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Darren Collison was traded to the Knicks. Well......at least the Knicks thought so....http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Trade-Was-Done

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Darren Collison was traded to the Knicks. Well......at least the Knicks thought so....http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Trade-Was-Done
    Hahahahahahha

Knicks, "ok we are faxing our papers to the league office right now, just need you guys to do it too." LAC, "yeah I am standing at the fax right now, just about to send it!"

five minutes later, after deadline.

LAC "oh we had our fingers crossed"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Exclamation Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Hahahahahahha

Knicks, "ok we are faxing our papers to the league office right now, just need you guys to do it too." LAC, "yeah I am standing at the fax right now, just about to send it!"

five minutes later, after deadline.

LAC "oh we had our fingers crossed"

I don't understand how things can get any worse for them. It'll be interesting to see if they baton down, and make a big playoff push. Probably not though. Could've had Jordan Hamilton and Collison. Instead, Houston gets Hamilton and Collison remains with the Clippers. Sad.

OJ Mayo just stopped playing D (not that he ever really started) during a play to tie his shoe. And Randy Foye just stood there and let him.

https://vine.co/v/MZEqM9hmLie

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    OJ Mayo just stopped playing D (not that he ever really started) during a play to tie his shoe. And Randy Foye just stood there and let him.

https://vine.co/v/MZEqM9hmLie
    That play actually reflects worse on #4 Denver (Foye?) who just let Mayo guard him. (Or very good sportsmanship!)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

I think Chicago needs him most. The Bulls are a great defense but can't score to save their lives. Ben Gordon would be excellent for them. Plus, he's a familiar face. I could see the Knicks getting him too. He can play PG.

Miami is getting one of these guys.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I am waiting for someone here to suggest we get these buyout guys....

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

That my friends, is why Roy Hibbert gives them fits. It's like an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.
    And when Roy isn't in there, we have 18 fouls between Bynum, Mahinmi, and Allen. When Roy is out, those three guys need to make sure that they lay some wickedly hard fouls on those clowns. Make them hurt when they take it inside.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Miami is getting one of these guys.
    PERHAPS. PERHAPS NOT. I see Granger going to San Antonio. Big Baby to the Clippers BUT...............HOOPSHYPE says Brooklyn (Garnett) is going hard after him. If they get Big Baby, and are slotted in the 7th seed? Them vs Miami in the 1st round won't be an easy series for James and company. That could be the dif between us beating Miami this year. They had a 1st round cakewalk last post-season vs. Milwaukee. But not this post season. It'll be Bobcats or Nets. Possibly Bulls. Cats are too young and inexperienced to get the job done. But the Bulls and Nets will be tough as fk to eliminate. 1st round or not.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

BTW Miami's defense is going to hurt us in the half court. If you thought the Wolves trapping the PnR was rough....Miami perfects it. That alone is the reason why we have to take care of the ball. We need flashing to the free throw elbow to alleviate this pressure. When we did this Miami got tired and we one. I have watched the two games with Miami recently and I am convinced that they will trap hard the PnR and front Roy.

Guard screen PnR with Hill and PG. West gets a pick from Lance to opposite elbow. Lob it to Roy or back door with Lance.

Lets pick up Ben Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    And when Roy isn't in there, we have 18 fouls between Bynum, Mahinmi, and Allen. When Roy is out, those three guys need to make sure that they lay some wickedly hard fouls on those clowns. Make them hurt when they take it inside.
    I am still waiting for payback on the Pittman foul and watching wade and Lebron laughing their
    Rears off.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Dutch Pacers Fan

Are the 76'ers gonna lose even bigger than they did against LAC? I know they're tanking but come on, you don't have to lose by 40.
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

Sam Hinkie's face pisses me off. This guy feels like he has basketball figured out, I'm watching him during this Philly game and he just comes off smug. His blatant tanking is gross

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Good win for Detroit over the Hawks. 9th place now just a couple games out, and the Cavs lost tonight too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atlanta dropped to 8th tonight. They could be out of the playoffs if this keeps up.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

The Pistons can't even tank right.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "