Page 171 of 248 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Durant doesn't have his superpowers so far tonight.
    Darn, I hate when I leave those at home

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

The Heat have turned it on. We have to turn it around Saturday or we lose HC

Magic buy out Big Baby.... now that is a person who could fill the Heat's ope roster spot....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Durant doesn't have his superpowers so far tonight.
    This is what happens when Westbrook returns not saying that OKC doesn't need him or anything but there should be a bit of an adjustment period.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lebron is down
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lebron down and bleeding pretty profusely

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Ibake just broke Lebron's nose I think and he still dunked it after. Pretty crazy

Thunder better make that push.....the King is in the locker room
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

This has been a pretty pathetic performance by OKC. Without Durant hitting 30 footers they look like crap

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

This has been a pretty pathetic performance by OKC. Without Durant hitting 30 footers they look like crap
    That's one of the reasons I wasn't buying into the hype that OKC was some unstoppable force. Durant was playing at an incredible, but ridiculously unsustainable pace.

Every time I see Craig Sager I now can't help but think of what an intolerable ******* he is in real life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Every time I see Craig Sager I now can't help but think of what an intolerable ******* he is in real life.
    what did he do?

well damn... Miami is going to win

1 1/2...

I think I'm the only person around here who really doesn't live and die on whether the Pacers are the #1 seed or #2 seed. Would I like home court against Miami? Absolutely. But at this point, both us and the Heat know what's coming. The Eastern Conference is going to come down to a war in the conference finals. We damn near stole home court last year in Game 1.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I think I'm the only person around here who really doesn't live and die on whether the Pacers are the #1 seed or #2 seed. Would I like home court against Miami? Absolutely. But at this point, both us and the Heat know what's coming. The Eastern Conference is going to come down to a war in the conference finals. We damn near stole home court last year in Game 1.
    I'm completely with you on that. We've shown that we can win in Miami in the past with less talented teams and I would still feel confident we could take the Heat with or without home court advantage.

Lmao. Elaborate please.

Yeah but do you honestly think we can go 3 for 3 at home against them even if we steal HC during the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Yeah but do you honestly think we can go 3 for 3 at home against them even if we steal HC during the playoffs.
    Yes.

It's not just you. I'm actually a little disturbed by how important it is to the team. I prefer a team that just centers its confidence around its own performance, at home or on the road, and while of course hoping for the highest seed possible, doesn't really care THAT much either way because they feel good about winning in any building.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    It's not just you. I'm actually a little disturbed by how important it is to the team. I prefer a team that just centers its confidence around its own performance, at home or on the road, and while of course hoping for the highest seed possible, doesn't really care THAT much either way because they feel good about winning in any building.
    They made such a huge fuss about it at the start of the season that it trickled down into our fanbase and now the #1 seed itself has become a barometer of sorts. I'm thinking they should have just shut up and played with the chip on their shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Lmao. Elaborate please.
    Craig doesn't like people, unless you're an attractive woman half his age. Then he likes you way too much.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I agree with this 1000%. There was quite a discussion about the home court advantage theory on TNT, and Charles and Shaq both talked about teams that had home court advantage and lost games. Charles's Suns were the best team in the league in 93 and lost the 1st two games at home vs Lakers, lost at home vs Spurs and Sonics, then lost all 3 home games in the Finals vs the Bulls. Even Shaq's best team, the 2001 Lakers, lost game 1 of the Finals to AI and the Sixers at home.

Still have to win enough games on the road, cause you're going to lose some home playoff games.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I agree with this 1000%. There was quite a discussion about the home court advantage theory on TNT, and Charles and Shaq both talked about teams that had home court advantage and lost games. Charles's Suns were the best team in the league in 93 and lost the 1st two games at home vs Lakers, lost at home vs Spurs and Sonics, then lost all 3 home games in the Finals vs the Bulls. Even Shaq's best team, the 2001 Lakers, lost game 1 of the Finals to AI and the Sixers at home.

Still have to win enough games on the road, cause you're going to lose some home playoff games.
    Home court certainly doesn't guarantee anything and obviously quality teams win on the road in the playoffs, but the stats are pretty hard to argue with. Home court advantage gives you an edge. Look at it this way: We have to assume that Miami will likely steal a game in Indy, right? If they have home court again, it means that we have to beat them 2 times in Miami to win the series assuming they steal a game here. That's brutally tough, as we saw last year. Also, the Pacers are 0-4 in road Game 7's of the ECF's over the last 20 years. Would we be 0-4 if a couple of those Game 7's had been in Indy? I seriously doubt it. The stats show that the home team wins game 7 the overwhelming majority of the time.

In a competitive series, each team is likely to win on the road. The prize of home court advantage is having that Game 7 at home.

We have lost over three times as many road games this season as we have home games even though we've played less of them. Where you play game seven is pretty freaking important.

Even though I'm starting to like the B&G in six!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post: