Page 169 of 248 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Durant why you so good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's crap
    Keep in mind, if Wade sits out, odds are Hibbert will start. Vogel makes that choice, and I'd have to think he'd go with his own guy, especially with no true big man starting for the East.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Why isn't anyone discussing the fact that Wade might have a condition called "drop foot." Am I the only one who knows how serious that condition can be? Seriously. Go do some research.

Dude is falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Why isn't anyone discussing the fact that Wade might have a condition called "drop foot." Am I the only one who knows how serious that condition can be? Seriously. Go do some research.
    My guess is that a lot of the diagnosed people with such a problem have underlining problems much more severe so unless Wade had a stroke I won't bother reading up on drop foot.

It's still a nerve issue that has caused complete numbness in his foot to the degree where he can't even walk on it, or lift the heel. Nerve issues are very sensitive. My understand is that they can be caused by hip, or lower back issues. Which might develop from favoring knees, and can be a result of rehabs for knee issues. There are very little instances in which a nerve problem which causes complete loss of function of your foot can be a very, very quick fix. Or an intermittent issue. I'd have a small amount of concern for the guy.

I heard on the radio that this will be the first time since 1996 that there won't be a Laker in the all star game. That was the year before they got Shaq and Kobe.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

He might be able to take oral corticosteroids. Neuromuscular electrical stimulation could be used, yes. Direct not necessary if the nerve is really functioning.

Both procedures could be done in the short term, and might work if the issue isn't a major problem. However, he's probably screwed in the short term. It isn't usual for drop foot to just happen. And, nerves don't generally bounce back quickly once the muscle performance is involved. In some cases, simple sitting CAN lead to creep-type stresses on annular ligament and potentially lead to non-painful root issues. Which, as we all know, D Wade has been sitting for quite some time this year. Maybe he's doing more harm than good for himself by sitting out all those games.

Hopefully he sits. Roy starts. And Lance is able to book a flight to the All Star game. Wishful thinking, I know. But one can dream.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GrangerRanger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Kyle Lowry is the best guard in the East.
    Then he should have gotten the nod of DeRozan. The 28-24 Raptos will have as many All Stars as 40-12 Pacers. But winning games is a premium.....
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Interesting to say the least but shouldn't they have opted for someone a tad more respectable like Ernie Johnson even Kenny Smith would've been more polished.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...od-as-anybody/

During TNTs pregame coverage of the NBA All-Star Game Sunday, they will broadcast an interview with Charles Barkley and President Barack Obama. So Barkley naturally asked about LeBron and Jordan. Naturally. Here is the baller-in-chiefs answer, courtesy TNT.

You know LeBron. I know LeBron. When you are standing next to him, and then you watch him close up, Ive never seen somebody that size, that fast, who can jump that high, who is that strong, who has that much basketball savvy all in one package.

So we dont yet know where he is going to be. Now, Im a Chicago guy and Mike will always be the guy, for me, just because that was a magical moment for the city. And he was a champion. Mike is now retired. LeBron, when you look at him, you think he might be able to play at a high level for another seven, eight, 10 years. Hes 29 years old. In terms of every aspect of the game, LeBron has a chance to be as good as anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    It's still a nerve issue that has caused complete numbness in his foot to the degree where he can't even walk on it, or lift the heel. Nerve issues are very sensitive. My understand is that they can be caused by hip, or lower back issues. Which might develop from favoring knees, and can be a result of rehabs for knee issues. There are very little instances in which a nerve problem which causes complete loss of function of your foot can be a very, very quick fix. Or an intermittent issue. I'd have a small amount of concern for the guy.
    I don't have a concern for him at all but unless it comes playoff time and he is sitting then I will think its an issue but until then we have no way of knowing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hmmmm....
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post

Hmmmm....
    Maybe he doesn't realize how bad he has played the last 2 months?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Hmmmm....
    Last edited by Major Cold; 02-14-2014 at 05:15 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Paul George said today that he feels he's in the conversation right next to Kevin Durant & LeBron James for MVP. #BTHype
    — Tom Read (@traread) February 14, 2014

Hmmmm....
    Paul George needs to look at the stat-sheet, he hasn't carried a game for a while. Lets pose this situation, put PG on OKC right now, OKC isn't winning as many games without westbrook.

Hmmmm....

Well, he did carry us early in the season. For this team, he probably is MVP. He's our leading scorer.

Dropfoot. That sounds like some kind of ******** excuse for his traveling.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

I'm already sick of Kevin Hart

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

believe that when I see it

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

PG is the best player on the best team. That player is always (and should be) in the conversation for MVP.

He's had a tough couple of weeks, but Pacers Digest has been way too harsh.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    PG is the best player on the best team. That player is always (and should be) in the conversation for MVP.

Tough couple of months more like it.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

They dont have the best record anymore.

There's Durant and LeBron, then there's a Grand Canyon-sized gap, and then there's everyone else.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    They dont have the best record anymore.

There's Durant and LeBron, then there's a Grand Canyon-sized gap, and then there's everyone else.
    Paul is not in the conversation for MVP. If we finish with the top record he may get a vote or two based on that, but as stated here. There's KD, Lebron, and then everyone else. And it's not even close right now

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

believe that when I see it
    Yeah, especially since the team is ridiculously capped out unless Bargs/Amar'''''''''e opt out of their contracts this summer or they can trade them for next to nothing. Unless Melo thinks they'll know what to do with their cap space 16 months from now.