Page 167 of 248 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

The cavs are horrible. Look what they have done to Bennett and Waiters. Waiters played really good last season and now there is talk about trading him. How do you draft someone #1 overall and don't start him. The cavs made Bennett a bust! He was coming off an injury but even after that they barely played him. They have been playing him more lately though. The #1 pick should be a guaranteed starter no matter what! The cavs deserve to be this mad. Oh and thank goodness we never hired Mike Brown.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Is Philly openly tanking? How do you lose on consecutive night by over 40 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Philly openly tanking? How do you lose on consecutive night by over 40 points?
    They already have four picks in this coming draft! Tank for what now? Free White Castle Burgers for a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    The cavs are horrible. Look what they have done to Bennett and Waiters. Waiters played really good last season and now there is talk about trading him. How do you draft someone #1 overall and don't start him. The cavs made Bennett a bust! He was coming off an injury but even after that they barely played him. They have been playing him more lately though. The #1 pick should be a guaranteed starter no matter what! The cavs deserve to be this mad. Oh and thank goodness we never hired Mike Brown.
    Mike Brown has gotten zero respect from his players everywhere he's been. He has no control in his locker room.

The Cavs need to clean house, starting at the top.

Effing Suns were up 12-0 against the Heat, minus D-Wade, but have allowed them to come back and take the lead.

I haven't watched, but I'm guessing they're not hitting all the contested crap they made against us.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Effing Suns were up 12-0 against the Heat, minus D-Wade, but have allowed them to come back and take the lead.

I haven't watched, but I'm guessing they're not hitting all the contested crap they made against us.
    The first 4 minutes they were, but since then they've cooled off. It's been back and forth the entire 2nd quarter and a really good game to watch so far.

Heat stepping on that gas pedal now
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

a dad and his two sons at the Butler/Xavier game

9. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Noah with 19 points, 16 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 blocks and just 1 turnover...

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Noah with 19 points, 16 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 blocks and just 1 turnover...
    Noah is a monster, and I'm not sure that Thibs isn't the best coach in the NBA. I half believe he could grab 12 random guys off this board and coach us to a 15 win season.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Noah is a monster, and I'm not sure that Thibs isn't the best coach in the NBA. I half believe he could grab 12 random guys off this board and coach us to a 15 win season.
    I'm game if you are

I would pay money to do that. I'd just be camping at the 3pt line waiting for someone to pass the ball to me....cuz there's no way that I would drive against Players that are at least 1 foot taller than me. Whose the "Lance" on this board that can create a shot for me?

If anything...that would be a great idea for a reality show. Take 15 Regular Joes and have them train hardcore under a real Coach for a few months and then put them up against some D-League Team in some exhibition game to see how they'd do.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

OKC at Portland.....89-89 with 3.5 minutes left in the 4th QTR.

Go Blazers!
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

This Durant guy is really good.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    a dad and his two sons at the Butler/Xavier game

Dee Davis locked up Kellen Dunham. Had to make Dwest happy great defensive effort.

Can't believe they gave that ball to OKC. Pretty clear on replay it was deflected out. Then again, these are NBA officials we're talking about.

Oh boy. If Lebron had done that instead of Durant, it would have broken Twitter.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

A 12 year old Celtics fan from New Zealand has a disease that's going to eventually make him go blind and his dream before it happens is to see the Celtics live. Boston's owners are making it happen and I'm sure they'll give him the first class treatment the whole way. Awesome stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...171807528.html

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just saw the Suns vs Heat highlights.

Didn't know you are allowed to take 4 steps to complete a Eurostep. My oh my. I know it's just one play but come on...Brutal non call by the refs. Was that glaring.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Can Dallas knock off a Portland or San Antonio in the first round? I think they can. They just need to avoid the 8 seed so that they don't have to play Oklahoma City.
    Tough timing. Dallas allowed Charlotte to get 42 assists (McRoberts led with 13) on 45 buckets last night. According to Basketball Reference, that's the highest assist percentage in NBA history when a team gets 40 or more.

That's either incredibly impressive ball movement or horrendous defense. Probably both.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    That's either incredibly impressive ball movement or horrendous defense. Probably both.
    Perhaps generous scoring ??

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Perhaps generous scoring ??
    Probably a factor also.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    . . . If anything...that would be a great idea for a reality show. Take 15 Regular Joes and have them train hardcore under a real Coach for a few months and then put them up against some D-League Team in some exhibition game to see how they'd do.
    I can tell you. They would lose by 100 points. Or whatever number of points the D-League team felt compassionate enough to score on them. The D-League guys are so much better than "Mr. I used to play in high school' it's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I can tell you. They would lose by 100 points. Or whatever number of points the D-League team felt compassionate enough to score on them. The D-League guys are so much better than "Mr. I used to play in high school' it's not funny.
    reminds me that 1v1 challenge against brian scalabrine. no matter how bad they look on court against other pros they would effortlessly destroy amateurs. there is a reason why those guys are getting paid for playing basketball.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Yeah, as entertaining as it would be to see how the regular guys could do, after about three minutes I think the game would already be out of reach for them. To even make it in the D-League means that you're in the top 0.000001% of basketball players in the world.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

On a side note, if you would have asked me a month ago who the best power forward in the NBA was, I would have said Kevin Love, followed by LaMarcus Aldridge. Today, I think Dirk Nowitzki and Blake Griffin might be my top two, followed closely by Anthony Davis. The closer I watch LMA, the less impressed I am by his offensive versatility. It seems like over half of his shots are pretty wide open midrange looks, often off of assists. I think his "improvement" from last season is almost completely a product of having better, healthier teammates. And I am very close to abandoning ship on Kevin Love as a true franchise player that can carry you to a championship... he just has way too many flaws. When he's on, he is maybe the best offensive player in the league, but when his shot isn't falling or the Wolves are getting blown out, he often just doesn't play very hard and chases rebounding stats. I love the guy but he can be a frustrating player to watch; when he's playing well he's appointment television. And I actually expect Anthony Davis to be in the "best player in the NBA" conversation by this time next year. That guy is ridiculously versatile.