Page 166 of 248 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He barley qualifies for 3pt, that isn't a bad thing he is only taking open 3s which is very good. Sadly he fits the Lakers team they collectively play no defense.

I still don't like him, and I will admit I will probably never like him. Jose Calderon is a good pg, but personally I wouldn't want him as my starting pg. I guess it is just personal preference in play style, and what I think wins.
    Yeah I don't like Marshall or Calderon either, and I'd take Jose miles ahead of Kendall, I was never impressed with Marshall at all when they played the Pacers, hollow stats and terrible defense.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

As for the Pistons, you never know with an assistant sometimes, I mean hell with the Pacers when they fired Satan, some nobody named Vogel was hired, and he's been the best thing for the franchise in a while. I think they felt the team was going nowhere really, and maybe like that coach and his ideas for the game, if not you dump him and hire a Hollins or someone else. The same would've happened probably to Vogel had he not made the playoffs.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    As for the Pistons, you never know with an assistant sometimes, I mean hell with the Pacers when they fired Satan, some nobody named Vogel was hired, and he's been the best thing for the franchise in a while. I think they felt the team was going nowhere really, and maybe like that coach and his ideas for the game, if not you dump him and hire a Hollins or someone else. The same would've happened probably to Vogel had he not made the playoffs.
    I don't think Gores trusts Dumars to hire another coach. Either that, or he feels like he doesn't deserve to. The next 11 days are going to be very interesting. Dumars appears to be a complete lame duck right now. He's getting destroyed today.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Yea, I'm playing Rift and listening to them. I'm waiting for it, Javie took a jab at JVG a few minutes ago. LOL
    You know what, I was wrong. I watched most of the second half, and it was real interesting to get Javie's take on questionable calls during the game. Plus, he never once commented on the basketball part of the game, just on officiating. I think it might be something ABC and ESPN should look into for the Pacers-Heat ECF and NBA Finals.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Brooklyn up 51-28 on the Pelicans at halftime. Nets are feisty now.

Clips up by 27.....in the 1st quarter.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know if this is real life. The 76ers have no pride on defense. I could score 10pts tonight on Philly and that isn't hyperbole. Uncontested shot after uncontested shot way to easy.

Mood

Just clowing them now back to back wind mill dunks. Worst transtion defense I have seen. Feels like a rec league game where getting back is optional for Philly.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Yep, Smith is a terrible 3-point shooter. Not enough reason to play monroe at the 4 ahead of him.

And if you think Monroe is anywhere near Smith defensively, well there's no arguing with a crazy person....

Smith has 154 combined blocks/steals this season. Monroe has 70. He's averaging 0.4 blocks per game. This is a near 7-foot human being that plays around the rim.

If you put Smith at PF next to Monroe, his efficiency improves dramatically. If you put Monroe on the 1996 Chicago Bulls, he still won't be able to shoot, dominate in the post or defend anybody at all.
    Do you think that Josh Smith would be better served to play as the proverbial Starting PF?

or

Should he play as the Starting SF and some backup minutes at the PF spot ( like he is now )?

I'm trying to gauge if the Pistons would be better if they traded Monroe for a Starting SF while shifting Josh Smith to the Starting PF spot.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The fourth quarter just started and the Sixers are currently 17-76 from the field. Ha, that's both dreadfully awful and incredibly ironic since "1776" is Philly's claim to fame....

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't look now, but the Mavs are 7th in the West, half a game up on the Warriors, who haven't been playing well lately. Percentage points behind the Suns.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Do you think that Josh Smith would be better served to play as the proverbial Starting PF?

or

Should he play as the Starting SF and some backup minutes at the PF spot ( like he is now )?

I'm trying to gauge if the Pistons would be better if they traded Monroe for a Starting SF while shifting Josh Smith to the Starting PF spot.
    Smith is a better player. He simply accomplishes more on both end than Monroe.

That said, the only reason you keep Monroe is if you would rather pay a 23-year old than a 28-year old. I wouldn't be heartbroken if this was the case, but it would absolutely be an immediate downgrade unless we got something good back (which we wouldn't).
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-10-2014 at 03:10 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Smith is a better player. He simply accomplishes more on both end than Monroe.

That said, the only reason you keep Monroe is if you would rather pay a 23-year old than a 28-year old.
    Is Josh Smith fit better as the Team's Starting SF or Starting PF?

My assumption is that the Pistons maybe better served to trade Monroe for a Starting quality SF and push Josh Smith over to the Starting PF spot while getting some additional Assets in such a trade.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Don't look now, but the Mavs are 7th in the West, half a game up on the Warriors, who haven't been playing well lately. Percentage points behind the Suns.
    wow. haven't been able to follow the league other than us. never would have guessed gs would be at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Is Josh Smith fit better as the Team's Starting SF or Starting PF?

My assumption is that the Pistons maybe better served to trade Monroe for a Starting quality SF and push Josh Smith over to the Starting PF spot while getting some additional Assets in such a trade.
    His numbers are much better at PF. He basically doubles his rebounds, blocks and FTAs playing the 4. He's also more comfortable defending the rim.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Dirk Nowitzki continues to be absolutely unconscious. His exceptional season at age 35 has been one of the more underrated stories of the season, IMO. Dallas has a nice 5 game winning streak going and they could give a team trouble in the first round considering they have one of the GOAT's playing out of his mind right now.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Dirk Nowitzki continues to be absolutely unconscious. His exceptional season at age 35 has been one of the more underrated stories of the season, IMO. Dallas has a nice 5 game winning streak going and they could give a team trouble in the first round considering they have one of the GOAT's playing out of his mind right now.
    Currently averaging 21/6/3 on 49.2/40.7/91.1 splits... Dirk is not human!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

The DeMarcus Cousins/Isiah Thomas bromance in photos:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/02wXX

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Currently averaging 21/6/3 on 49.2/40.7/91.1 splits... Dirk is not human!

Love him to bits. Great, great player and the only time I enjoyed watching him beaten, apart from Pacers games, was back in 2005 where we beat Germany in the final of Eurobasket. Poor chap, he was one man team.

The 3rd Birdmester is up.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Can Dallas knock off a Portland or San Antonio in the first round? I think they can. They just need to avoid the 8 seed so that they don't have to play Oklahoma City.

Can Dallas knock off a Portland or San Antonio in the first round? I think they can. They just need to avoid the 8 seed so that they don't have to play Oklahoma City.
    San Antonio no, Blazers yes.

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

After watching Portland live this past week, I think they will likely lose first round. That team is just horrific on defense.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    After watching Portland live this past week, I think they will likely lose first round. That team is just horrific on defense.
    Both mavs and blazers are bad at defense, so in this case it becomes who has better offense.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post: