Page 164 of 236 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 5898

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's hard to believe, Smart was calmly getting up, he obviously said something insensitive.

Would have to see if he had any tragedies in his life or anything like that, could be something that really struck him that wasn't vulgar per-say but pushes someone over the line.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Would have to see if he had any tragedies in his life or anything like that, could be something that really struck him that wasn't vulgar per-say but pushes someone over the line.
    he has an older brother that passed away, don't know the circumstances

Supposedly clear audio of #JeffOrr telling #marcussmart to go back 2 Africa. Obv hes a racist hick idiot but doesn't excuse Smarts actions
    — Russell (@atxpkrgolf) February 9, 2014

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Supposedly clear audio of #JeffOrr telling #marcussmart to go back 2 Africa. Obv hes a racist hick idiot but doesn't excuse Smarts actions
    — Russell (@atxpkrgolf) February 9, 2014

How about we just stick to reputable reporters... I've haven't seen a single report anything like that yet.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'll believe Doug Gotlieb or Seth Davis waaaaay before any random twitter person.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

With so many college basketball related posts...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    How about we just stick to reputable reporters... I've haven't seen a single report anything like that yet.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'll believe Doug Gotlieb or Seth Davis waaaaay before any random twitter person.
    If you can't believe Russell @atxpkrgolf then who can you believe?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Heat lost to the Jazz? Guess they better fold up their franchise and that Lebron guy? What a bum! Only putting up 13 points on 4 - 13 shooting with 5 turnovers. They should just trade him right now for some 2nd round draft picks and if anyone is kind enough maybe a decent backup/expiring contract. Everyone knows that good players never ever have off nights.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Heat lost to the Jazz? Guess they better fold up their franchise and that Lebron guy? What a bum! Only putting up 13 points on 4 - 13 shooting with 5 turnovers. They should just trade him right now for some 2nd round draft picks and if anyone is kind enough maybe a decent backup/expiring contract. Everyone knows that good players never ever have off nights.
    The Heat came down with a sickness last night...."Treyburkulosis"
    David "And One" West

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    With so many college basketball related posts...
    Bring back the Fesenko meme!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will say the same thing about Marcus Smart that I did about the Ron Artest incident:

As a normal person, when someone does that sort of thing to you, that may be considered okay to react in such a manner... However as an athlete (specifically on the professional or college stage) you are just held to a higher standard, plain and simple.

Now we can dispute until we are blue in the face if that is fair or not, and maybe it isn't, but that is just the way it is. When you choose to be an athlete, and you go to a higher stage with it, society expects you to be the knight in shining armor of morals, ethics, behavior, etc. for some reason, so when you do something like this, you are incriminating yourself, and lowering your value as an athlete in the future, and you should know that, and you have to be smarter than that.
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

That's hard to believe, Smart was calmly getting up, he obviously said something insensitive.

"I snuck into your team's locker room and ate your entire post-game buffet!"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Wait, so Mo Cheeks just got fired by the Pistons?

That was real fast, and also not the 1st year coach who I thought would be fired (if any).

WOW!

....really? After our first decent week in a month?

They have to have someone in mind, I take it?

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Wait, so Mo Cheeks just got fired by the Pistons?

That was real fast, and also not the 1st year coach who I thought would be fired (if any).
    Wow. I'm stunned by this. The Pistons played well the last two games, save for one quarter.

Cheeks hasn't been great this season by any means, but he didn't sign Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings. I don't understand why he got fired.
    David Aldridge:

"Oh, and conspiracy theorists? The NBA's Final Four are Miami (#16 TV market), Indiana (#26), San Antonio (#36), Memphis (#49). #tinfoil"

UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

His insistence on playing Smth, Monroe and Drummond together was a poor idea.

Seemed like he finally had it figured out this week, though.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Wow. I'm stunned by this. The Pistons played well the last two games, save for one quarter.

Cheeks hasn't been great this season by any means, but he didn't sign Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings. I don't understand why he got fired.
    ....except neither of those guys are the problem. Having no competent backup for Jennings and playing Smith out of position for 25 minutes a game was. In addition the offensive scheme was all wrong for both of them.

So who's gonna be the interim?
    "We want Miami"

Has anybody considered the possibility he was winning too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    His insistence on playing Smth, Monroe and Drummond together was a poor idea.

Seemed like he finally had it figured out this week, though.
    What other choice did he have? You don't sign a player for $54 million to bring off the bench, plus Smith's attitude won't allow for any positive production if he did. Drummond's the future of the franchise, and Monroe's a better fit next to Drummond, in addition to being a more efficient player overall.

I think there was turmoil in the locker room which may have contributed to this decision.
    David Aldridge:

"Oh, and conspiracy theorists? The NBA's Final Four are Miami (#16 TV market), Indiana (#26), San Antonio (#36), Memphis (#49). #tinfoil"

UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Take a look at the bottom 8 teams. Then figure out who the Pistons are going to "pass". There isn't a good candidate. The most likely result was missing the playoffs and still trading their pick.
    David Aldridge:

UncleBuck:

Take a look at the bottom 8 teams. Then figure out who the Pistons are going to "pass". There isn't a good candidate. The most likely result was missing the playoffs and still trading their pick.
    They still have plenty of time to sink to bottom 5. Only 4 games up

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Tom Gores has been pretty public about being a playoff team this season. He also made a statement last week about not getting maximum production out of his best players.

Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA 3m

Detroit players don't know their coach is fired, well done Pistons. I have a story coming about this, stay tuned.

I think there was turmoil in the locker room which may have contributed to this decision.
    I think Dumars is trying to save his skin.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

What other choice did he have? You don't sign a player for $54 million to bring off the bench, plus Smith's attitude won't allow for any positive production if he did. Drummond's the future of the franchise, and Monroe's a better fit next to Drummond, in addition to being a more efficient player overall.

Monroe a better fit next to drummond than smith? What drugs are you on?

Monroe should have been coming off the bench months ago. He can't defend for **** and it's killed us a lot more than Smith's threes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA 3m

Detroit players don't know their coach is fired, well done Pistons. I have a story coming about this, stay tuned.

I think Dumars is trying to save his skin.
    By most accounts this move came from above Joe's head, though if things don't turn around Joe won't have a job next season either.