Page 162 of 248 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About $800,000 away from the luxury tax.
    I was going to say "almost nothing", but yours is better Thanks for doing the math.

The ideal move for us is one that sends away Copeland (or maybe Mahinmi, if we think Bynum can be relied on) for a guy on an expiring contract. It would be a bonus if that guy can be a scorer off the bench. Picks and young players can be used as sweeteners, depending on the quality of the player coming back.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Could it be the way that he was asked to be used in the offense?

Keep in mind.....our PGs are required to spend A LOT of time off-the-ball.....at times, basically waiting for the ball to take a 3pt shot....while ( at other times ) moving the ball around.

In Chicago, he's not asked to do that as much where he's asked to run the offense more while playing less "off-the-ball".

I don't know....just spit balling here.
    I never understand the "hate" for former players that are playing well elsewhere. It's not like they came here and WANTED to play poorly. They were just in a situation where their talents didn't fit well with our system. That's as much of a FO issue (Walsh at the time) as it is the players issue. I'm glad to see Green and Augustin both doing well on their new teams.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

AND DANNY AIN'T GIVING IT UP. THAT'S HIS RIGHTFUL SPOT LANCE.

Kidding. But y'know, could save some money.

Thank God the all star game is just around the corner. Hopefully Lance gets good and rested up.

no lance tonight is gonna suck. sure could use his aggressiveness and everything he brings (well, minus the turnovers from that recent game)

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, hopefully for the team it's more time known than the first Atlanta game, we all know what happened to the start of that game...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I never understand the "hate" for former players that are playing well elsewhere. It's not like they came here and WANTED to play poorly. They were just in a situation where their talents didn't fit well with our system. That's as much of a FO issue (Walsh at the time) as it is the players issue. I'm glad to see Green and Augustin both doing well on their new teams.
    I agree now if they were d-bags while they were here that's another story(Artest, S-Jax, Tinsley)

QUESTION:

Was trying to think, have we had a night that two players have scored 30 in the same game since the Reggie/Jalen 40 - 40 in 2000 vs Sixers in playoffs? I've had too many celebratory Portland defeat drinks to focus on researching it...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    QUESTION:

Was trying to think, have we had a night that two players have scored 30 in the same game since the Reggie/Jalen 40 - 40 in 2000 vs Sixers in playoffs? I've had too many celebratory Portland defeat drinks to focus on researching it...
    There's got to be at least 1 game in that period of time, in the regular season, at some point.

And anyway, I love the Smoothie King Center name, goes right up there with Madison Square Garden and Boston Garden, and Staples Center lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    There's got to be at least 1 game in that period of time, in the regular season, at some point.
    I thought the same thing too but for the life of me could not come up with a single game. Surely JO and Artest or Granger and Suck-leavy had at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I agree now if they were d-bags while they were here that's another story(Artest, S-Jax, Tinsley)
    That was a good team. A beer ruined Ronnie, a bullet ruined Jax, and the fans ruined Tinsley. That doesn't mean we should hate a 60 win team. We should love a 60 win team. Considering we don't have a NBA championship, we need to embrace a 60 win team.

Captain Jack shot up a strip club... PG sprayed in a stripper. That means they are the same person.

It's jarring to go from the worst analyst in basketball (Jon Barry) to the best (Hubie Brown) in back to back games.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pass the ball to the guy that's heaping over in pain in his leg....smart move Martin.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    It's jarring to go from the worst analyst in basketball (Jon Barry) to the best (Hubie Brown) in back to back games.
    I really wish we would have had the Tirico/Brown combo. Best announcers, maybe in all of sports. The ESPN radio trio of Tirico, Brown and Dr Jack is my favorite. So good listening to those guys. I wish they were the TV guys for the finals and no Breen/JVG.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Yeah....Hubie Brown is one of the few analysts that I'd pay money to listen to. That guy really knows his stuff.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Haha Manix guest hosting the Dan Patrick show, of course he would have a Pacer on.

Sports Logo

your (probable) DPOY

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

What do you all think of NBATV's Starters. It feels like a comic book shop commentary of the NBA. I can't put my finger on it...Its just bad.

I don't mind it, but it needs refinement.

The nba could use a show like this instead of the button-down stuffy presentations we get all the time.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Nash looked decent last night. I wonder if the Lakers will try to trade him to a contender?

The lakers would trade him for nothing if they could. He's got another year left at $9 million.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    The lakers would trade him for nothing if they could. He's got another year left at $9 million.
    Yeah, I don't even think that one of the New York teams would be dumb enough to bite on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    What do you all think of NBATV's Starters. It feels like a comic book shop commentary of the NBA. I can't put my finger on it...Its just bad.
    I was a huge fan of their old Basketball Jones podcast and had listened to it since 05 or 06, so I'm biased, but I think it's pretty good. They're definitely still feeling their way out, and the commercials on NBATV are absolutely awful though.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: