Page 160 of 248 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

did yall see the lakers ran out of players vs cavs

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489598

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Yeah you have to be top 10 in offense and defense rating to have a shot. The only exception is an exceptional defense against a weaker offensive league. The Pistons had that. This league is nothing like that league. We have some of the most efficient offenses in a decade. Luckily for us they are mostly out West.

You have to be consistent in the half court on both ends. Miami is really consistent on offense, but not so much with half court defense. We are the other way around. Turnovers are hurting our defense as well as our offense. Our turnover rate is horrible. But it is only .3 worse than in December.

What is killing us is the fg% as teams figure out how to be more successful against our defense. And by more...it is fractional.

But couple both of that with the turnovers then there is a reason we are struggling. January's fg% was 44. December was 44%.

When the bench (Scola, Granger, Watson) are in a slump and your highest volume shooter (PG) is struggling, then you have the reason. I think Scola and Watson will bounce back. Paul George will, but it will because his usage is going to be limited. He isn't going to finish the season with 24 ppg. We won't get the best record if he is.

His usage percentage has gone up to 29% while his percentages have gone down. I think we need to run the offense through West more. He can hit the curler from the elbow, and when teams front Roy he can get it to him easier than Lance from the wing. I would like to know who has hit the most corner threes and who assisted on those assists.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Don't tell me this isn't a shot at the Pacers...

Could've been residue from the OKC game. Miami is a better defense than OKC, but OKC's offense won that game for them over Miami. Maybe it's got Lebron thinking differently now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    did yall see the lakers ran out of players vs cavs

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489598
    not sure how cleveland loses to LA that bad
    "We want Miami"

I think the Pistons are something this Pacers team wants to be.
    @qandrews9428

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    not sure how cleveland loses to LA that bad
    Not sure how Mike Brown makes it out of the day without being fired. The team played with 5 guys most of the 4th. And had to give a technical shot to Cleveland for what...every possession.

Brown is the worst coach in the NBA.

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

Want to see if Mike Brown has 2 stints of less than a season...a new GM usually wants their own coach in place, they may keep Brown around till the end of the season though.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Kevin Durant copying some of Lance's moves ?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

He ain't want to do it I guess....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Brown is the worst coach in the NBA.
    LeBron's greatest accomplishment is making the Cavs a contender with Mike Brown as coach

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Kevin Durant copying some of Lance's moves ?

Fail

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired general manager Chris Grant, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 6, 2014
    Related, check out who sponsors this Bball Reference page

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2014.html

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post

He ain't want to do it I guess....
    Good thing it's not an English Skills Challenge.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 1m

Also hearing, which is scary, the Pacers want to make another move to bolster their bench by acquiring a scorer.
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 7m

The trade deadline might not have a ton of movement -- unless teams are willing to trade draft picks. Picks are everything looking ahead.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Good thing it's not an English Skills Challenge.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 1m

Also hearing, which is scary, the Pacers want to make another move to bolster their bench by acquiring a scorer.
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 7m
    We have two 2nd round picks in the next draft....I'd have no problem parting with one or both of those 2nd round draft picks to pick up a scorer.

But if it meant trading ANOTHER future 1st round pick....which I think is a bad mistake....I'd live with some combination of Copeland/Rasual/OJ/Solo picking up whatever lack of scoring that we have.

Before anyone asks.....YES, I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE ANYMORE 1st round picks. I think that it is CRITICAL to develop cheap in-house talent through the Draft if we are likely to try to pay BOTH Lance and Hibbert in the next 2 seasons.

The trade deadline might not have a ton of movement -- unless teams are willing to trade draft picks. Picks are everything looking ahead.
    I think that there will be a lot of major trades involving some expensive impact Players. I think that there are a lot of Teams that are vying for Playoff spots that want to make an "get us to the Playoffs" or "get the Team to the next level" type of moves ( Buyers ) along with many Teams that want to get under the LT for next sesaon ( Sellers ). My guess is that the Bobcats, Rockets, Knicks, Sixers and Grizzlies make moves in the next 2 weeks.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-06-2014 at 05:06 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Anthony Bennett is earning 5.5 million ewwww

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    We have two 2nd round picks in the next draft....I'd have no problem parting with one or both of those 2nd round draft picks to pick up a scorer.

But if it meant trading ANOTHER future 1st round pick....which I think is a bad mistake....I'd live with some combination of Copeland/Rasual/OJ/Solo picking up whatever lack of scoring that we have.

Before anyone asks.....YES, I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE ANYMORE 1st round picks. I think that it is CRITICAL to develop cheap in-house talent through the Draft if we are likely to try to pay BOTH Lance and Hibbert in the next 2 seasons.

I think that there will be a lot of major trades involving some expensive impact Players. I think that there are a lot of Teams that are vying for Playoff spots that want to make an "get us to the Playoffs" or "get the Team to the next level" type of moves ( Buyers ) along with many Teams that want to get under the LT for next sesaon ( Sellers ). My guess is that the Bobcats, Rockets, Knicks, Sixers and Grizzlies make moves in the next 2 weeks.
    A player would have to go out on our side as well (my gut is Copeland or Orlando would be the likely involved names); we don't have an open roster spot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

I agree. No more trading 1st rounders. Unless....it's like 2017 or something. That way we can draft for 2 years before having to give up a pick. The Knicks and Nets have traded all of their 1st's, and look where they are now. Even though you guys give me crap about all the trades I suggest, I warned you guys they (the front office), were looking to add a scorer to the bench. Our bench has one hole. Someone who can come off and light it up from deep. And that person will most likely be a guard who can play the 1 and 2 or just the 2. Looking at our salary situation, and wanting to re-sign Lance....Rodney Stuckey, CJ Miles, and maybe Marcus Thornton are all candidates. Stuckey and CJ are expirings. Thornton has 1 season left on his deal.

Sports Logo

A player would have to go out on our side as well (my gut is Copeland or Orlando would be the likely involved names); we don't have an open roster spot anymore.
    Good point....either way.....I don't want to trade any 1st round pick nor take back any salary beyond this season.

I don't think other teams have seen enough of Donald Sloan to wanna trade for him. That leaves Copeland, Orlando, Solomon, or maybe Ian? I doubt they'd trade Ian though. Because the Bynum experiment is gonna be a work in progress way beyond the trade deadline. Ian is insurance. So....

Orlando
    Cope
    Solomon
    2017 1st rounder
    or 2014 2nd rounder.

We have two 2nd rounders this year? I thought we had one?