Page 151 of 248 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a great video tribute to PP, but I have to say that after seeing that. It was completely Bush league for the Celtics to deal him like that. I mean utter lack of class to deal your franchises best player for the past 15 years and not let him finish his career with your organization. I'm really glad the Pacers didn't do that to Reggie.
    The only thing with Pierce was he's a free agent after this season. He could've easily left the Celtics after this season and chased another ring and they get nothing. They really wanted to deal KG but the only way for them to convince KG to waive the no trade was to trade Pierce with him.

Pierce will always be remembered as a Celtic, no matter really what happens, I mean besides the tiny chance they win a title in Brooklyn and even then it would be a weird footnote at the end. Most people don't (or don't want to) remember Karl Malone on the Lakers, Hakeem on the Raptors, Parish on the latter teams he was on, etc.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

It was a great video tribute to PP, but I have to say that after seeing that. It was completely Bush league for the Celtics to deal him like that. I mean utter lack of class to deal your franchises best player for the past 15 years and not let him finish his career with your organization. I'm really glad the Pacers didn't do that to Reggie.
    Putting my disdain for Boston sports aside its a cold cruel business owners don't care about players beyond what they can produce and the minute they are no longer useful. Off you go.

They're no different than other teams in any league in that regard. Its rare for a player to begin and end their career in the same place like Larry, Magic, and Reggie as nice as that was its not realistic either.

^^ It's not personal, it's just business. As soon as someone lets emotion into a business decision, it turns into a bad decision.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    ^^ It's not personal, it's just business. As soon as someone lets emotion into a business decision, it turns into a bad decision.
    Thus the reason why the Lakers asked Dantoni to coach the Lakers with Howard and not Phil Jackson.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I guess the Pacers would have shown this sort of montage if Reggie had joined the Celtics possibly...either way it's pretty cool.

I mean, I have no love for the Celtics whatsoever, but I have to admit that as a sports fan that was a cool moment.

One other thing I noticed. Pretty soon the Celtics are going to run out of double digit numbers to assign to players.

You're going to have some rookie out there wearing "-33" or "105"

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I mean, I have no love for the Celtics whatsoever, but I have to admit that as a sports fan that was a cool moment.

One other thing I noticed. Pretty soon the Celtics are going to run out of double digit numbers to assign to players.

You're going to have some rookie out there wearing "-33" or "105"
    "5.8"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Mood

This Atlanta OKC game is all kinds of fun. Hell of a game so far and still 6 left to play I would tune in if I was you.

Channel?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Channel?
    League pass Durant put OKC ahead and Milsap answered 22 seconds tied up.

I don't like OKC's defense in this one they are being lazy switching guards and bigs.

KEVIN ****ING DURANT!!!!!!!!!!! OKC up 2 with 2 seconds left. Dude has had a hard 41 tonight dude isn't human.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

KD = unreal. I would love to see his clutch stats since WB went down

The only thing with Pierce was he's a free agent after this season. He could've easily left the Celtics after this season and chased another ring and they get nothing. They really wanted to deal KG but the only way for them to convince KG to waive the no trade was to trade Pierce with him.

Pierce will always be remembered as a Celtic, no matter really what happens, I mean besides the tiny chance they win a title in Brooklyn and even then it would be a weird footnote at the end. Most people don't (or don't want to) remember Karl Malone on the Lakers, Hakeem on the Raptors, Parish on the latter teams he was on, etc.
    When it comes time for his number in the rafters, I would not be surprised if Pierce gives a big "F-you" to Celtics organization as long as Ainge is in charge.

Pierce had no intention of leaving Boston, he would have probably played out his contract and retired.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I don't see anyone really beating OKC in the playoffs and finals.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    I've yet to see any team actually try and deny Durant the ball for an entire game and force other players to step up. OKC has become overly reliant on Durant to carry them.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

The last 5 minutes of this Kings Jazz game has taken 2 hours. Never seen so many missed FTs it is getting comical.

I've yet to see any team actually try and deny Durant the ball for an entire game and force other players to step up. OKC has become overly reliant on Durant to carry them.
    That's not possible. Good luck trying though.
    @qandrews9428

Woj article on the Suns hopes to trade Okafor.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-eme...233443139.html

As momentum gathers for the NBA's Feb. 20 trade deadline, the Phoenix Suns hold one of the league's most valuable assets for deal partners wanting to save themselves several millions of dollars: the expiring – and insured – contract of injured center Emeka Okafor.

Once Phoenix reached the midway point of its season on Wednesday with Okafor still sidelined with a neck injury, an insurance policy began to take over payment on 80 percent of the remaining $14.4 million on his 2013-14 contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Whoever deals for Okafor before the trade deadline will receive an insurance payout of $5.7 million – roughly $141,000 per game.

For the Suns, the appeal of Okafor's financially friendly deal – armed with approximately $5 million in remaining salary-cap space – has general manager Ryan McDonough on the search to fortify his roster for a playoff run. Despite the loss of point guard Eric Bledsoe to knee surgery, the Suns – 25-18 and holding the seventh seed in the Western Conference playoff chase – are determined to reach the postseason.

Bledsoe, who had surgery to repair torn cartilage, is expected to return to the lineup sometime after the All-Star break.

The Suns have expressed a willingness to absorb a veteran player on a short-term deal who wouldn't compromise the organization's ample salary-cap space for the future, league sources said. As rival teams explore ways to shed payroll and avoid luxury-tax payments, the Suns could have a multitude of deal possibilities to consider over the next few weeks.

The Suns could control six potential first-round draft picks over the next two years – including four in the 2014 draft. Those picks, coupled with maximum-contract level cap space, could make the Suns a significant factor in free agency and trade discussions.

McDonough has expressed publicly his willingness to explore using his draft picks, young assets and cap space to explore possible deals for All-Star-level players who could become available on the market.

Okafor has been away from the Suns, rehabilitating a herniated disc in his neck in New York. After Okafor suffered what is believed to be a season-ending injury, Washington traded him and a future first-round draft pick to Phoenix for center Marcin Gortat. All along, the Suns' plans have been to flip Okafor's expiring and insured deal before the trade deadline.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just got a feeling that the trade deadline is going to be very interesting this year, lots of teams wanting to clear space and lose, others trying to get a piece to contend for a title, then there's like the Knicks who may or may not trade Melo.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I don't know, man. Sure seemed like that was Atlanta's strategy in the end. There's a good Goldsberry article on Grantland about how Durant's run has been primarily due to the change in the type of shots he's taking--and making--since Russ went down. The idea is that he's now the primary ball-handler and has the ball in his hands a lot more starting the offense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

OKC has become overly reliant on Durant to carry them.
    Westbrook is missing for some time now. What did you expect?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

............. the Knicks who may or may not trade Melo.
    As a fan, I'd be thrilled to get rid of him and upset if my team got him. Just one of those players that puts up numbers -and does little else. Like WIN.

According to the sports director for the student radio station at the University of Miami Kobe Byrant got a parking ticket while attending a business class. He tweeted, “The Golden Maserati presumably belonging to an NBA star must still feel the weight of the law at UM” I say if Kobe was kind enough to visit, you let that one go.-TO
    http://www.terezowens.com/kobe-bryan...usiness-class/

Dante Exum declared for the NBA draft

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...2014-nba-draft
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Durant is playing great, but one guy isn't going to carry a team. Both Jordan and Kobe have tried that. You can win games during the season with one guy doing the work, but not during the playoffs. Kobe played about as well as you could play in 05-06 season, and it didn't do him any good. But it did make for some really great basketball during the season though.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Durant is playing great, but one guy isn't going to carry a team. Both Jordan and Kobe have tried that. You can win games during the season with one guy doing the work, but not during the playoffs. Kobe played about as well as you could play in 05-06 season, and it didn't do him any good. But it did make for some really great basketball during the season though.
    I mean Westbrook is going to be back in a couple weeks obviously. HE will be there for the playoffs...
    @qandrews9428

OKC with Durant and Westbrook scares me more than any other team in the playoffs, including the champs. We do not match up well with them and their home court is much more of a factor than Miami's.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: