Page 148 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

@qandrews9428

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like LeBron has not been guarding the teams best player as much this year.
    It has to me. Who do you think they have had on the other teams best player. Ray Allen? Wade? Chalmers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    It has to me. Who do you think they have had on the other teams best player. Ray Allen? Wade? Chalmers?
    Battier, Lewis, Beasley, yes, Allen some. I think Kevin Durant's defense is just brushed aside too much. He's not great, but he's definitely not horrible as many here perceive him to be.
    Last edited by boombaby1987; 01-22-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    @qandrews9428

Battier, Lewis, Beasley, yes, Allen some. I think Kevin Durant's defense is just brushed aside too much. He's not great, but he's definitely not horrible as many here perceive him to be.
    I haven't seen the Heat in about 2 weeks. But prior to that I did not see Lebron off the best player very much when he was in the game. Wasn't against us. Even if that has changed its probably only changed because Lebron was so wore down from doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    I haven't seen the Heat in about 2 weeks. But prior to that I did not see Lebron off the best player very much when he was in the game. Wasn't against us. Even if that has changed its probably only changed because Lebron was so wore down from doing it
    He was for almost half the game against us. He picked up his 3rd foul and switched off PG for the rest of the game.
    @qandrews9428

He was for almost half the game against us. He picked up his 3rd foul and switched off PG for the rest of the game.
    Fair enough, but that was for a reason. Its not often he gets in foul trouble. He guarded him the whole game the other game right

Looks like we might be facing the Kings without Cousins almost certainly without gay unless the reports are wrong.

Could help us be ready for the B2B

Deng didn't show up against his former team.

Hope Durant's shoulder is ok

I think the reason Durant switches off has more to do with how good of a defender sefolosha (so?) is and less about his defensive abilities. He used to be a poor defender, but he's steadily improving every year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

What happened to Kwahi, he like dropped of a cliff after being really good in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    What happened to Kwahi, he like dropped of a cliff after being really good in the Finals.
    He's doing about the same, he's just being rested a lot. He's averaging under 29 minutes a game.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

If the Thunder hang on, we'll be the only team in the NBA with fewer than 10 losses.

Durant is absolutely nuts

Kwahi broke his hand tonight.

HOT POTATAH HOT POTATAH…. really enjoy watching reggie jackson play.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Kings could be without Gay and Cousins on Friday night.

HOUSTON -- Sacramento lost forward Rudy Gay to a left Achilles tendon injury and leading scorer DeMarcus Cousins to left ankle sprain against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night.

Gay, who tied a career high with 41 points on Tuesday night, was injured midway through the first quarter and limped off the court and to the locker room. Cousins was injured on a hard foul by Patrick Beverley that drew a technical in the second quarter.

Both players missed the rest of the game and Sacramento lost 119-98.

Kings coach Mike Malone didn't have more information on the injuries after the game and said that they'd know more on Thursday.

"It was a big loss to lose both of those guys in the first half," he said.

Gay, who had four points before he was hurt, entered the game averaging 20.2 points and 6.2 rebounds a game this season. He has started all 21 games since he was traded from Toronto on Dec. 9.

Cousins entered the game averaging 23.1 points and 11.7 rebounds.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ouston-rockets

I never was impressed with that trade as a whole. Bulls got salary relief, but the Cavs got a player who they have no guarantee they can re-sign. Not to mention the giving of draft picks to the Bulls. So far Deng, I don't see Deng has done much for the Cavs.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I never was impressed with that trade as a whole. Bulls got salary relief, but the Cavs got a player who they have no guarantee they can re-sign. Not to mention the giving of draft picks to the Bulls. So far Deng, I don't see Deng has done much for the Cavs.
    The Cavs can re-sign Deng....they have $41 mil in guaranteed salary ( assuming that they pick up Varajeo's salary ) to re-sign him. The Cavs have been looking for a Real Starting SF for the longest time....they aren't going to pay that much to get him and then not re-sign him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Thunder are the only team that really scare me as a Pacers fan, their defense is top 5 and if they are struggling on offense they have Kevin Durant. When we struggle on offense Paul George hasn't reached that level yet, while KD can just will his way to 35 points. If this Kevin Durant comes to play in the finals, along with Westbrook and the Thunder defense/bench, it's going to be a very impressive series.

Sounds like Rudy Gay won't play tomorrow.

Last edited by Strummer; 01-23-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cousins is also day to day.

Justin Beiber is rumored to be planning to sit courtside at the Heat-Lakers game tonight, hours after getting out on bail from DUI/drag racing/drugs/underaged drinking.

Heat fans will probably cheer the little turd.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Love Coach Nick....really great videos all the time.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post: