Page 147 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Durant just went bat **** insane on the Blazers

17/25, 6/7 for 3, 46 points, 2 very contested 3s in the last minute after leading the comeback

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    46 on 25 shots, my goodness he is destroying since WB went down. Just daggers after he tied the game
    He's definitely on fire, just "smoking" hot. OKC is "blowing" them away now. You know Durant knows how to light it up.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yeah, just tonight
    He was on another level one of the best individual performances I have watched.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kevin Durant went nuts...wow
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He was on another level one of the best individual performances I have watched.
    He's been doing this for like 4 weeks now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I think this Durant kid is pretty good

Durant with an off night. 4 turnovers.

Mood

Rudy Gay had 41 on 25 shots. Impressive Cousins stat line is just as impressive if not more. I will try to go back and watch that game if I get any free time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Durant has been better than LeBron this year. No vote boredom needed, if this keeps up, Durant has definitely been the best player in the league.
    @qandrews9428

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Durant has been better than LeBron this year. No vote boredom needed, if this keeps up, Durant has definitely been the best player in the league.
    I'ma have to disagree, they still hide him on D. Best offensive player....sure.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Hm. It would have to be a lot of Green.
    This was the reply of the night, and I don't think anyone besides me caught it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Other people caught it Kstat. lol.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

The MVP definitely belongs to Durant this year. Hats off to him for keeping that team at the top without Westbrook. The Thunder are lucky that Mr. October was able to step into Westbrook's starting spot and play good ball.

Hopefully Westbrook and CP3 come back good and healthy. The Western playoffs were extremely weak last year, but they should be much better this year if everyone is healthy.

Thunder's defense is really good. And they have done a great job drafting and acquiring young guys who have played well

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Thunder's defense is really good. And they have done a great job drafting and acquiring young guys who have played well
    I think they are the team to beat.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The MVP definitely belongs to Durant this year. Hats off to him for keeping that team at the top without Westbrook. The Thunder are lucky that Mr. October was able to step into Westbrook's starting spot and play good ball.

Hopefully Westbrook and CP3 come back good and healthy. The Western playoffs were extremely weak last year, but they should be much better this year if everyone is healthy.
    Repeat? LOL wrong answer

The MVP definitely belongs to PG24....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasRL13 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

Nah I did too. dal9 is the king of those quirky, under the radar one liners. Pure gold.

I thought this was interesting I know we don't have this issue in Indy but it would probably be like this if we did

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...etary-formula/

Celebrity seating at Knicks games determined by ‘mysterious proprietary formula’

Spike Lee sits courtside and Woody Allen isn’t invited to the VIP lounge.

That much is known.

Otherwise, how the New York Knicks – and other teams in major markets – handle the celebrities at their games is mostly a mystery.

Sarah Lyall of The New York Times peaked behind the curtain at Madison Square Garden and better explains how it works in New York:

The Garden, it turns out, has an ad-hoc celebrity-handling team whose members determine who in fact counts as a celebrity and to what degree; pursue relationships with those people (or their representatives); and deflect demands from lower-level personalities who wish they were celebrities but in fact are not. On game nights, the team also has to contend with such tricky questions as, is Katie Holmes more important than Liam Neeson? And, when you have two rappers with the same last name — Mike D. from the Beastie Boys and Chuck D. from Public Enemy — should you seat them near each other?

At the recent Knicks-Heat game, the answers could be found, as is so often the case, on an Excel spreadsheet. Entitled “VIP Locations” and organized according to some mysterious proprietary formula, it mapped out exactly who would sit where — John McEnroe in the third row, the boxer Miguel Cotto in the fifth row, a gaggle of New York Rangers in the 17th row — and it reflected various unspoken rules of V.I.P. placement.

Make sure they all have decent seats. Make sure that some, but not all, end up sitting with other celebrities. Make sure to put the most important people in Celebrity Row — this calculation is “based on the A-level nature” of those celebrities, Mr. Watkins said — while not hurting the feelings of the people whose level hovers down at the sad end of the alphabet.

If only the Knicks applied such analytically guided care to constructing their roster.

No need to re-hash that mess at the moment, though. If you’re interested in what the Knicks offer – and expect of – their celebrities, read Lyall’s full piece to get a taste.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'ma have to disagree, they still hide him on D. Best offensive player....sure.
    LeBron has been bad on defense this year. The whole Heat team has not been dialed in.
    @qandrews9428

LeBron has been bad on defense this year. The whole Heat team has not been dialed in.
    Thats because hes having to carry more of a load offensively. Same reason they hide Durant on D. He can't do both

Quote Originally Posted by LucasRL13 View Post
    Repeat? LOL wrong answer

The MVP definitely belongs to PG24....
    Skip Bayless agrees with you:

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 5h

Right now I'd give Paul George slight edge in MVP race over LeBron, Durant. Pacers have NBA's best record.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Thats because hes having to carry more of a load offensively. Same reason they hide Durant on D. He can't do both
    Just pointing out that his argument is invalid if LeBron hasn't been any better.
    Last edited by boombaby1987; 01-22-2014 at 06:32 PM.
    @qandrews9428

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

No particular wish to open an old can of worms, but I find it interesting that this argument seems acceptable when applied to LBJ or Durant but was not acceptable when used to explain that no, Granger was not a horrible or lazy defender all those years.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Just pointing out that his argument is invalid if LeBron hasn't been any better.
    Not really fair to compare them. Because even though James is struggling he is still guarding the teams best player. The Heat can hide him on defense like the Thunder do Durant.

So James is being forced to still try to carry the load offensively, but to conserve energy on the defensive end. Basically he isn't able to do either as well as he can

If the Heat had somebody else to put on other teams best defenders James would look just as good as Durant if need be. And if the Heat had Wade at 100% Lebron would be right back to his old self on defense.

Lebron doesn't have any really help on either side of the ball at this point. Durant at least has some breathing room on D

Not really fair to compare them. Because even though James is struggling he is still guarding the teams best player. The Heat can hide him on defense like the Thunder do Durant.

So James is being forced to still try to carry the load offensively, but to conserve energy on the defensive end. Basically he isn't able to do either as well as he can

If the Heat had somebody else to put on other teams best defenders James would look just as good as Durant if need be. And if the Heat had Wade at 100% Lebron would be right back to his old self on defense.

Lebron doesn't have any really help on either side of the ball at this point. Durant at least has some breathing room on D
    Seems like LeBron has not been guarding the teams best player as much this year.
    @qandrews9428