Page 138 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

IF, Miami pulls this out it will be with Lebron playing 44-45 minutes. I think they'll run out of gas before the Wizards.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We lost to the Pistons and Bulls also. Though, the Bulls did have Rose.

Also lost to the cRaptors and Hawks without Horford.

Can't win em all... Heat have lost to some worse teams though.
    I think he was joking (although I could be wrong). Although the Pistons beating the Pacers in Indiana is probably the weirdest result of the NBA season thus far.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, he was joking. Just certain people that claim the Pacers aren't contenders each time they happen to lose to a team they shouldn't, yet the Heat can do it numerous times and it doesn't matter.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I was joking. Negative Nellies say we are doomed and are not really contenders when we lose to a bad team, but so do the Heat and so does everyone
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

hang on Wizards!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Did Nene just posterize LeBron?!

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Pacers ever get down 34 to a crappy team like the Wizards this season things will explode.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    I think he was joking (although I could be wrong). Although the Pistons beating the Pacers in Indiana is probably the weirdest result of the NBA season thus far.
    Don't remind me. My one pacer game so far this year

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That cushion between the Pacers and Heat is getting thicker bit by bit
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Also to note, Heat on a 3 game losing streak. Also, funny thing about Pistons, they beat both Pacers and Heat while on the road.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Pacers can't lose focus just because the lead between them is extending. Spurs are still formidable as we can see. And always best to lock up the #1 seed early and rest some players.

YOU HAD ONE JOB, WIZARDS!!!
    And you did it!
    Thanks!

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    this happened last night I guess

I don't believe for a second that he can wait that long to watch it. It drives me insane to miss a Sunday night, and I already know what's happening.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dallas has been on a little roll lately. Unfortunately, they are still only the 7 seed since the West is so tough. As long as they get in, I think they could be a bit difficult to handle since Dirk is playing out of his mind this season.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    If this were the Pacers losing to Wizards, HossierGuy & Company would be up in arms.
    I have said repeatedly that the Heat have earned the benefit of the doubt because they are the two time defending champions and have a well known reputation for coasting during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    I have said repeatedly that the Heat have earned the benefit of the doubt because they are the two time defending champions and have a well known reputation for coasting during the regular season.
    Guess how many ****s I give about what Miami did last season? It's this year, 0 ****s.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

I'm 100% convinced that this Gerald Green is a different person than the one we had last year. Damn Suns medical staff has figured out human cloning, the *******s!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I was joking. Negative Nellies say we are doomed and are not really contenders when we lose to a bad team, but so do the Heat and so does everyone
    What happened to negative Nancy?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

I think nelly is nervous.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Coasting? They won like 27 in a row last year during the regular season...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That was a devastating loss for the Mavs. They were leading 123-106 with 4:48 left in the game and ended up losing 127-129.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    If the Pacers ever get down 34 to a crappy team like the Wizards, Pacers Digest will explode.
    Fixed.

Also...I don't think that the Wizards are that bad.....they just have been dealing with injuries.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I agree with you to a certain extent that they have earned the benefit of the doubt. But I also think that when you factor in age and injuries to the primary core of the Team....I think that they will try to simply "turn it on during the Playoffs"....but I don't think that one can guarantee that they will see the same results. Wade can't play in B2B and has missed 9 games. Ray Allen is still deadly come Playoff time, but his role is limited to nothing more than a 3pt shooter while being a liability on the other end of the court........where he same can be said of Battier ( but in reverse ). Chalmers has missed games due to injuries.

The Heat are going to have be more dependent on Players outside of their core to make it to the ECF if not further. To me, I don't think that one can expect the same result.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

did anyone watch the Clippers come back from 17 down with 4:48 to go in the 4th? Must have been amazing. Next time a pacers fan complains about Frank leaving the starters in with a similar lead, I will say what about the Clippers coming back from 17 down with 4:48 to play

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Coasting? They won like 27 in a row last year during the regular season...
    The rhetoric was that they would have continued coasting if they hadn't decided to go for that streak after winning 10 in a row. And, of course, once the streak was over they went back to coasting.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

35. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post: