Page 136 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 32s

There is a third team involved in the Boston-Golden State deal that will likely provide Boston with a draft pick.
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m

Golden State is sending Toney Douglas to the Celtics as part of the Crawford-Brooks deal, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12m

Boston has traded guards Jordan Crawford and Marshawn Brooks to Golden State, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 17m

Golden State is chasing down a multi-team deal to bolster its guard depth, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rondo must be coming back soon.

Member Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As part of three team trade, Toney Douglas will go to the Miami Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Joel Anthony goes to Boston.
    Oldness comes with a smile
    To every love given child
    Oldness comes to rile
    The youth who dream suicide

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he had some cryptic tweet about 298759475948 seconds or something, it ended up translating to the number of seconds from his surgery to Boston's game on Friday

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Friday is probably the day.

WALTHAM — Rajon Rondo would not speak with the media Tuesday afternoon at Celtics practice after a cryptic tweet from him late Monday night hinted that he may return to action Friday against the Los Angeles Lakers.

He left the commentary to coach Brad Stevens, who did not deny that Rondo may be back by then, saying the guard’s return would hopefully come “very soon.”

Rondo’s tweet said simply, “29,233,380 secs.” That amounts to approximately 338 days, which would be the time span from his Feb. 13, 2013, knee surgery to the Jan. 17 game vs. the Lakers.

“I’m still trying to figure out what [the tweet] means,” Stevens said. “He’s a pretty bright guy who shares his thoughts in unique ways. I kind of gathered that he was coming back fairly shortly.

“I’m guessing, based on everything I could tell, it’s not [Wednesday], so obviously planning for the very short term without him but hopefully we’ll have him back very soon.
    “We’re nearing that time, no question.”

Stevens said Rondo will undergo a strenuous workout Wednesday, perhaps as one final test before his return.

“I’m looking for his thumb to go up,” said Stevens. “I think that’s his call, along with our trainers and our doctors. There’s no basketball boxes that need to be checked with him.”
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...EBJ/story.html

The only other explanation is that Rondo is a Rent fan.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi View Post
    As part of three team trade, Toney Douglas will go to the Miami Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Joel Anthony goes to Boston.
    So Boston is giving up Crawford/Brooks for a draft pick?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Great trade for Ainge.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    more importantly, where's the supposed pick coming from?

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Seems like a weird trade for Miami. They've already got Cole and Chalmers, so where does Douglas fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's Philadelphia's from Miami.

Though I just saw that the protection on the pick is such that if Philly misses the playoffs this year (certainty) and next year (near certainty) they pick changes to two 2nd round picks. So not as good as I originally thought but still a good move for Ainge.

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo

so Zach Lowe says Boston's getting a Philly 1st via somebody, but it's lotto protected this year and next, then becomes a 2nd rounder

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Apparently it's a 76ers pick.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Seems like a weird trade for Miami. They've already got Cole and Chalmers, so where does Douglas fit in?
    Money savings. Douglas makes half as much as Anthony and his contract expires this year. Anthony has a player option for next season which he'd be a ****ing lunatic to turn down.

-Lance Stephenson

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg 32s

And it keeps coming: Rajon Rondo has been assigned to the Maine Red Claws of the D-League.
    Retweeted by Sam Amick
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guessing Miami feels really confident in Greg Oden being healthy. Even with Anthony being pretty bad they are trading one of the few big men they have

Sports Logo

I know they save cash but I really don't get it from Miami's end, they don't save THAT much cash, not like it gets them under the tax or something. I don't care about the Anthony/Douglas parts, but I don't get moving a pick that could be decent next year just to save a couple mil

On nights that Wade doesn't play, Ray Allen, Cole, and Chalmers have to play a lot of minutes. Douglas probably gets a few extra in those games.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    On nights that Wade doesn't play, Ray Allen, Cole, and Chalmers have to play a lot of minutes. Douglas probably gets a few extra in those games.
    Here's to Douglas getting lots of minutes against the Pacers.

I know they save cash but I really don't get it from Miami's end, they don't save THAT much cash, not like it gets them under the tax or something. I don't care about the Anthony/Douglas parts, but I don't get moving a pick that could be decent next year just to save a couple mil
    Philadelphia has to make the playoffs to trade that pick. If they don't, they send two second round picks, which is the most likely scenario. The cost savings was worth it for Miami, especially for next season. Miami will only have Cole, Haslem, and their first round pick on the books next summer.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo

Oden's active tonight. Doubt he plays, but he'll be in uniform.

Sports Logo

this happened last night I guess

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

He fits in...at the end of the bench...in a suit.

But realistically.....if Chalmers continues to be out for any extended period of time ( he's currently injured )....Douglas could fill in as backup to Cole if needed.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Roy needs to work on that salute.
    this happened last night I guess

30. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    He fits in...at the end of the bench...in a suit.

But realistically.....if Chalmers continues to be out for any extended period of time ( he's currently injured )....Douglas could fill in as backup to Cole if needed.
    Maybe it means Chalmers' injury is still lingering.