Page 133 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 5903

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Giannis Antetokounmpo had a great game last night. 13 points (although he went 0/3 from 3), 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals. His length coupled with his fluidity is unreal.
    I'm about to develop a Tobias Harris style man crush on the Greek Freak

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm about to develop a Tobias Harris style man crush on the Greek Freak
    I picked him in both of my fantasy teams but I gave up on him too early
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I picked him in both of my fantasy teams but I gave up on him too early
    I had a nice looking fantasy season until Chris Paul went down. I missed out on Darren Collison because our league only allows you to add 3 players a week and I had already maxed out. So irritating.

CP3 was having one of the best seasons of his career. Sucks for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

This guy has massive potential

Thanks cdash!
    Last edited by The Future; 01-12-2014 at 01:31 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Why did we draft Solo Hill over Giannis? I honestly think he has the highest ceiling in the draft.
    We didn't. Giannis went in the teens somewhere.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This guy has massive potential

Thanks cdash!
    No problem. The Greek Freak is about the only thing that could possibly get me (or anyone else, probably) to watch a Bucks game this season. Thank god he's got a sweet nickname, because there's no way I could pronounce that name correctly, let alone spell it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    No problem. The Greek Freak is about the only thing that could possibly get me (or anyone else, probably) to watch a Bucks game this season. Thank god he's got a sweet nickname, because there's no way I could pronounce that name correctly, let alone spell it.
    I know that several Greek fans are watching Bucks games just to see him play. I have tried to do it as well but it hasn't worked well so far

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    If I was Rivers from NOLA last night I probably would have earned a hefty fine after that horrid no call. NBA refs at their finest.
    They didn't give him that call because he is Austin Rivers. If he lights it up next season and grows into his potential they might give it to him next season. They probably don't respect the NOP that much anyways.

Sports Logo

Best of all, Giannis is so easy to root for. His blogs and interviews show he's a real humble young man who understands where he came from and the opportunity before him. He has the maturity of someone much older than him, but he still approaches the game with the pure joy of a young kid.

His size and skill set are so rare that I can only think of a few contemporary comparisons. Our very own Paul George on the high end and a Kawhi Leonard/Nic Batum at the very least. I don't think he's of the KD mold, despite the size and build comparisons. I think he'll be more of an all-around player than KD, as his stat lines already demonstrate, but it's hard to imagine him scoring at KD's rate, though you get the feeling he'll certainly work at it.

His brother is also an interesting player, currently playing in the D-League. He fills the stat sheet in a similar manner, like a mini Giannis. Both are great stories to root for. They're raw still, but instinctively, they both show a feel for the game that's hard to teach. Giannis combining that with size and more potential is what vaulted him into a lottery pick.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

I wonder if the Knicks could be beginning to turn it around, now they've won 4 straight

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Best of all, Giannis is so easy to root for. His blogs and interviews show he's a real humble young man who understands where he came from and the opportunity before him. He has the maturity of someone much older than him, but he still approaches the game with the pure joy of a young kid.

His size and skill set are so rare that I can only think of a few contemporary comparisons. Our very own Paul George on the high end and a Kawhi Leonard/Nic Batum at the very least. I don't think he's of the KD mold, despite the size and build comparisons. I think he'll be more of an all-around player than KD, as his stat lines already demonstrate, but it's hard to imagine him scoring at KD's rate, though you get the feeling he'll certainly work at it.

His brother is also an interesting player, currently playing in the D-League. He fills the stat sheet in a similar manner, like a mini Giannis. Both are great stories to root for. They're raw still, but instinctively, they both show a feel for the game that's hard to teach. Giannis combining that with size and more potential is what vaulted him into a lottery pick.
    Everyone fills up the stat sheet in the D league.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I wonder if the Knicks could be beginning to turn it around, now they've won 4 straight
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. I had this very same thought myself not too long ago, then I remembered they are the Knicks

I really think the pieces they have just aren't a winning combo. You can only have so many bad attituded "stars" and they have at least 3. Maybe they make the playoffs cause the east and specifically their division is abysmal, but I don't think they will be above .500.
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. I had this very same thought myself not too long ago, then I remembered they are the Knicks

I really think the pieces they have just aren't a winning combo. You can only have so many bad attituded "stars" and they have at least 3. Maybe they make the playoffs cause the east and specifically their division is abysmal, but I don't think they will be above .500.
    I think they will make it in at about 4 or 5 games over .500, which is pretty much good for the 4th seed in the East

Mood

I think they will make it in at about 4 or 5 games over .500, which is pretty much good for the 4th seed in the East
    Interesting fact: Brooklyn is currently the 8th seed O_O
    3000th Post :

I think we all knew that due to the pathetic putridity of the Eastern Conference, both New York area teams would make a run at some point. Neither one of them is in a position to tank because neither of them has their draft picks. They have enough talent that I'd be pretty shocked if both don't make the playoffs. That said, neither one of them concerns me in the least in a playoff series.

Sports Logo

I'm not sure how to embed Vine videos, but this is pretty amazing.

https://vine.co/v/h3LHWQKTdip/embed

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    I'm not sure how to embed Vine videos, but this is pretty amazing.

https://vine.co/v/h3LHWQKTdip/embed
    Yep. His other block on Durant was great as well.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

That tough Eastern conference

Mood

That tough Eastern conference
    They should just end the regular season and let the Pacers and Heat play the ECF already.
    3000th Post :

I think BKN's players have decided that losing every night is less fun than trying hard enough to win. Their biggest problem seemed to be their willingness to work together hard enough to compete. They look like they are doing that and winning as a result.

They should just end the regular season and let the Pacers and Heat play the ECF already.
    The NBA needs to just skip the first two rounds of the playoff an fast forward to he ECF, we all know who will be there

I just saw the Austin Rivers shot where no foul was called. I'm disgusted. When is the NBA going to get competent referees? If I were Rivers, I probably would have gone Ron Artest on the officials. Mad props to Rivers for somehow keeping his cool
    David "And One" West

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I just saw the Austin Rivers shot where no foul was called. I'm disgusted. When is the NBA going to get competent referees? If I were Rivers, I probably would have gone Ron Artest on the officials. Mad props to Rivers for somehow keeping his cool
    Dang you lambast the NFL officials and now you're moving onto the NBA's

In all seriousness, I think the NBA referees are very good. But they are human, so they are going to make mistakes. It happens. It's an incredibly difficult (and thankless) job.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Dang you lambast the NFL officials and now you're moving onto the NBA's

In all seriousness, I think the NBA referees are very good. But they are human, so they are going to make mistakes. It happens. It's an incredibly difficult (and thankless) job.
    I actually think the NFL referees have progressively gotten worse in the recent years, and are somehow worse than the NBA referees
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I actually think the NFL referees have progressively gotten worse in the recent years, and are somehow worse than the NBA referees
    It's a really difficult comparison to make. I think over the course of watching an NBA game I get more irritated at the officiating than I do during NFL games, but there's a lot more action in an NBA game. It's just tough. I will say I gained a new appreciation for NFL officials after watching their catastrophic replacements.