Page 127 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #3151
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    The refs called so many travels last night in our game, I have to wonder if that Wade no-call had anything to do with it.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  3. #3152

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown



  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  5. #3153
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,363

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I pointed this play out in the game thread as a flop when it happened, but I can't help but wonder if this is a case of targeting by the league office.

  6. #3154

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    That was a clear foul. He definitely flopped and i'm not a fan of it, but shouldn't the warnings be saved for when a player actually dupes the officials into calling plays wrong?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  8. #3155
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Maybe we should trade them Ian and Lance for Green, Plumlee and a couple first rounders


    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...y-indefinitely
    Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe, one of the leading contenders for the NBA's Most Improved Player award, is out indefinitely after the team determined that Bledsoe needs a surgical procedure to repair cartilage in his right knee, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

    Sources told ESPN.com that the exact scope and severity of the injury will not be known until Bledsoe is in a surgeon's care, but he is suspected to have suffered meniscus damage in his Dec. 30 return to Los Angeles to face the Clippers. Bledsoe was selected No. 18 overall in the 2010 NBA Draft by the Thunder, who immediately traded him to the Clippers.

    Bledsoe has missed the Suns' last four games with what the team announced earlier this week as a sprained knee.

    The electric 24-year-old is averaging 18.0 points, 5.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game in Phoenix in his first stint as a full-time NBA starter, forming a dangerous backcourt tandem with Goran Dragic that has sparked the Suns to a wholly unexpected 21-13 start.

  9. #3156

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  10. #3157
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,363

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I've watched a lot of Suns games and I've watched a lot of Pacers games - I think Lance Stephenson is as good as Eric Bledsoe. Tell me I'm wrong.

  11. #3158
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,093

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    So where's the flop warning for Reggie Evans when the Nets were here a few weeks back? That was more egregious than Lance's flop there.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  13. #3159
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,909

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Eric Bledsoe out "indefinitely" for the Suns. That really, really sucks. Phoenix has been such a good story and such a fun NBA League Pass team to watch this season. The Dragic/Bledsoe backcourt has been amazing and the former Pacers have worked out better than even their most ardent supporters would have imagined. Injuries suck :/

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #3160
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,191

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've watched a lot of Suns games and I've watched a lot of Pacers games - I think Lance Stephenson is as good as Eric Bledsoe. Tell me I'm wrong.
    You're wrong......Lance is BETTER than Eric Bledsoe

    NOTE - This is based purely on a completely biased opinion formed by a Pacer fan
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  17. #3161
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,093

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The refs called so many travels last night in our game, I have to wonder if that Wade no-call had anything to do with it.
    Its like the old joke about the NCAA reacting to a violation from Kentucky by punishing IUPUI.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  19. #3162
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,089

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Win or lose, I'd gain a lot of respect for Woodson if he benched J.R. Smith this game. Especially on a nationally televised game.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  20. #3163

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Win or lose, I'd gain a lot of respect for Woodson if he benched J.R. Smith this game. Especially on a nationally televised game.
    Just because of the fine?

  21. #3164
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    537

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Win or lose, I'd gain a lot of respect for Woodson if he benched J.R. Smith this game. Especially on a nationally televised game.
    So far so good, knicks have a shot at helping us tonight!
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

  22. #3165
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,461

    Default The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Don't look now, Knicks are beating Miami in the 4th by 9 with under 5 to go

  23. #3166

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because of the fine?
    No, because HE told him to stop it and JR did it again anyway. He's a turd.

  24. #3167

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't look now, Knicks are beating Miami in the 4th by 9 with under 5 to go
    I tell you what worries me. Toronto, NY, Brooklyn are all getting better. Pacers seem to be playing worse. I know it would be hard to maintain their level from earlier but the slow starts, struggling with Cleveland, Roy's play lately are not good trends.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  26. #3168
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,496

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Thanks knicks!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:


  28. #3169
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,461

    Default The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tell you what worries me. Toronto, NY, Brooklyn are all getting better. Pacers seem to be playing worse. I know it would be hard to maintain their level from earlier but the slow starts, struggling with Cleveland, Roy's play lately are not good trends.
    Agreed, but in the short term all I want is to weather the storm and maintain the number 1 seed. We need the psychological edge right now.

  29. #3170
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Thanks a lot, Knicks
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  31. #3171

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    It seems like whenever the Pacers lose, the Heat follow suit.....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  33. #3172
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,975
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, because HE told him to stop it and JR did it again anyway. He's a turd.
    JR Smith I would never play anyway, beyond the incidents. I'm not surprised the Knicks would go out and win the game without him, they don't need him. Maybe he'll do something really dumb and they can get out of his contract.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  35. #3173
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,862

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems like whenever the Pacers lose, the Heat follow suit.....
    Must frustrate Heat fans. Imagine the reactions here if we were 1.5 games back and every time #1 lost we lost.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  37. #3174
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems like whenever the Pacers lose, the Heat follow suit.....
    I just checked this and it has happened 4 times.

    We lost in Portland in Dec 2nd and the Heat lost against Detroit in Dec 3rd. We lost in OKC in Dec 8th and the Heat lost to us in Dec 10th (the Heat had a game in Dec 8th but it was before our game so their very next game after our loss was against us). We lost in Toronto in Jan 1st and the Heat lost to GSW in Jan 2nd. And then there is today's loss to the Knicks for the Heat right after our loss to Atlanta.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  39. #3175
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,720

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must frustrate Heat fans. Imagine the reactions here if we were 1.5 games back and every time #1 lost we lost.
    come on guys. didn't you learn yet? they don't care about regular season.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •