Page 123 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Is it sort of time for a slight Knicks alert now? They played the 3 Texas teams very well on the road, beating 2 and losing a close game against Houston, and Shumpert is looking decent now. They got a long ways to go (not that long in the east) but they could sneak in and be a pain. Last time I thought they may have turned a corner though, they lost to the Celtics by 40 at home.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/05/k...s=iref:nbahpts

Got to appreciate Kobe for telling the truth on this. Will be up to Kobe and his health though to decide if he plays.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it sort of time for a slight Knicks alert now? They played the 3 Texas teams very well on the road, beating 2 and losing a close game against Houston, and Shumpert is looking decent now. They got a long ways to go (not that long in the east) but they could sneak in and be a pain. Last time I thought they may have turned a corner though, they lost to the Celtics by 40 at home.
    I really think that it won't matter by February.....it's becoming obvious that Melo won't stay with the Knicks beyond this season. I think that they are trying to kick every tire and try to see what they can get for Melo and try to deal him by the Trade Deadline so that they don't lose him for nothing.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Eye on Basketball ‏@EyeOnBasketball 42m
    Report: Bulls plan to trade Deng, use amnesty provision on Boozer

http://cbsprt.co/1dqpgTJ

Oh oh.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Eye on Basketball ‏@EyeOnBasketball 42m
    Report: Bulls plan to trade Deng, use amnesty provision on Boozer

http://cbsprt.co/1dqpgTJ

Oh oh.
    I could see Phoenix trading Okafor and 1 or 2 first round picks for Deng, if they get him to sign an extension.

Banned

I'm going to laugh hard if they open all that cap space for Melo, Rose and Melo together? yes please lol

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm going to laugh hard if they open all that cap space for Melo, Rose and Melo together? yes please lol
    That would be funny, but sadly I think the Bulls are smarter than that. I could see them trying LeBron again though.

Lol Detroit will officially be more of a contender for the central division for years.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Lol Detroit will officially be more of a contender for the central division for years.
    Woah, woah, woah. Let's not get crazy now.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1567302

For reasons known only to himself - or perhaps no reason at all - the erratic shooting guard decided to untie the left sneaker of Mavericks forward Shawn Marion just before Dirk Nowitzki let go of a free throw attempt in the second quarter. It appeared Smith gained no advantage on the play and Marion noticed but didn't seem to care.
    Lol, reminds me of when Artest pulled down Pierce's pants.

Mood

Is the Daily News the same source that claimed to know Danny was hiding his knee injury a month or so ago? If not, who did? I don't trust whoever that was.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1567302

Lol, reminds me of when Artest pulled down Pierce's pants.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Is the Daily News the same source that claimed to know Danny was hiding his knee injury a month or so ago? If not, who did? I don't trust whoever that was.
    Almost positive that was Frank Isola with the Daily News, been a lot longer than a month though.

anyway;

OKC's dumping Gomes for free, frees up some lux tax wiggle room. Remember when Ryan Gomes looked like he might have a fairly bright future?

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt6d

So, the 23-13 Warriors are ranked 2nd in the latest NBA power rankings while the 27-6 Pacers are ranked 3rd...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers are 33 games in and, as of tonight, hold a 10 game lead over the EC 3rd place team. Seems like Miami and Indiana will continue feeding on the lower place teams and the lower teams will continue beating the crap out of each other. This is going to result in a very unusual year. Miami and Indiana will be close in the final standings, with everyone else 20 games or more behind.

After that Andre Miller benching fiasco, he's now reported to be on the trading block.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ock?source=rss

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    After that Andre Miller benching fiasco, he's now reported to be on the trading block.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ock?source=rss
    I sense a "Trade for DreMiller" email thread being created soon cuz we don't have a true PG on the roster.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I sense a "Trade for DreMiller" email thread being created soon cuz we don't have a true PG on the roster.
    If anyone were to honestly believe that Andre Miller was in any way shape or form an upgrade to G Hill.... just....
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    It is so great to see the Knicks struggle and embarrass themselves while we are tearing the NBA apart.
    TAKE THAT NY, YOU ENTITLED PRICKS.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    http://www.nba.com/2014/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt6d

So, the 23-13 Warriors are ranked 2nd in the latest NBA power rankings while the 27-6 Pacers are ranked 3rd...
    Power Rankings revolve around streaks. Golden State was 4-0 this week while we lost to the Raptors so it's easy to see why they placed them above us.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 01-07-2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typo
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Dutch Pacers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    If anyone were to honestly believe that Andre Miller was in any way shape or form an upgrade to G Hill.... just....
    CJ Watson >> Andre Miller
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

Any news on if the game's gonna be played tonight? Were the Raptors able to make it here yet?

Sports Logo

any word on the Raptors game tonight? that gonna happen?

Toronto's on the runway right now about to head here from Miami. would suck for them to wait so long then it gets cancelled once they get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    any word on the Raptors game tonight? that gonna happen?

Toronto's on the runway right now about to head here from Miami. would suck for them to wait so long then it gets cancelled once they get here.
    At this point, its still a go, but I haven't heard if the refs are in town, and Toronto is scheduled to be in Detroit tomorrow. Probably need to postpone the game, and do it soon. It's too damn dangerous outside still.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

That's what I'm thinking, it's still like -12 and the roads are awful, still a snow emergency. Get it postponed while they're in the air so they can get re-routed and just head home. I'll be pretty stunned if the game happens tonight, especially after the Bulls game last year which was nothing compared to this.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: