Page 116 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

If Bosh had made some deep playoff runs with Toronto, he might have a case. Chasing rings with 2 HOFers in Wade and James will not get him in the HOF
    David "And One" West

Banned

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Bosh is not a hall of famer yet he needs to do more.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watching Suns broadcast...announcers talk about Pacers trade, say Scola is playing great, but that they got fleeced, bragging about Green. He works in a crazy fast team, on the Pacers he was useless, still takes crazy *** shots on the Suns, just has made more of them this year.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pau Gasol is an absolute lock for the HOF. His international accolades along with his titles guarantee that.
    I see your point, but Paul Gasol just doesn't seem like a "legendary" player to me. He is close though
    David "And One" West

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Watching Suns broadcast...announcers talk about Pacers trade, say Scola is playing great, but that they got fleeced, bragging about Green. He works in a crazy fast team, on the Pacers he was useless, still takes crazy *** shots on the Suns, just has made more of them this year.
    Green is not a good player on contending teams.
    David "And One" West

Pau Gasol should be in the HOF. The Lakers were getting bounced in the first round before he came along and turned them into an immediate title contender. Made three straight NBA Finals and won two rings. He'll have great career numbers by the time he is done.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    If Bosh had made some deep playoff runs with Toronto, he might have a case. Chasing rings with 2 HOFers in Wade and James will not get him in the HOF
    He's not chasing rings, he's absolutely a key piece to Miami winning championships. No Bosh, no title. Simple as that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I see your point, but Paul Gasol just doesn't seem like a "legendary" player to me. He is close though
    He isn't a legendary NBA player but he definitely will be remember as one of the best FIBA players. Let me list some of his accolades.

International awards:

-Won gold medal in the 2006 FIBA World Cup

-Won 2 gold medals in the 2009 and 2011 FIBA EuroBasket

International individual accolades:

-FIBA World Cup MVP (2006)

-FIBA EuroBasket MVP (2009)

-FIBA Europe Player of the Year x2 (2008, 2009)

-Mister Europa Player of the Year x2 (2004, 2009)

-Euroscar Player of the Year x3 (2008, 2009, 2010)

-All-Europeans Player of the Year x2 (2009, 2010)

NBA individual accolades:

-NBA All-Star x4 (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011)

NBA titles:

-NBA Champion x2 (2009, 2010)

And he also has several other titles and awards (All-NBA teams, Spanish League titles, Spanish League Finals MVP etc). That's absolutely Hall of Fame material. Arvydas Sabonis made the Hall of Fame with less NBA accolades but more European accolades.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Bosh is a lock for the Hall of Fame. Whether you think he should get in is a different question, but his career could end today and he'd make it. Pau too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Green is not a good player on contending teams.
    I don't thing that it has to do with whether a team is contending or not. I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the pace that this team plays at. I could see GG playing well in Golden State and OKC, two contending teams that run a lot. He just wasn't a good fit for our slow-paced offense.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    He's not chasing rings, he's absolutely a key piece to Miami winning championships. No Bosh, no title. Simple as that.
    I agree with you. JMO, but Bosh has given up more individual recognition than either LBJ or Wade to achieve team success. If he had stayed at TOR or gone someplace else, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would have been a lock for the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Bosh is a lock for the Hall of Fame. Whether you think he should get in is a different question, but his career could end today and he'd make it.

I don't see it, no way. He is just so wack. He's like a slightly-more-in-shape Troy Murphy.

Bosh has made like one All-NBA team. For me, that's not Hall of Fame quality. If he can't be one of the top 6 forwards in the league for multiple years, then he's not a Hall of Famer. He'll get in though.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I agree with you. JMO, but Bosh has given up more individual recognition than either LBJ or Wade to achieve team success. If he had stayed at TOR or gone someplace else, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would have been a lock for the HOF.
    No way, he would not be a HoF candidate if not on the Heat. His numbers even on the Raptors wouldn't have been enough alone. The titles really help him out, I don't think Dirk would be a definent lock for the hall if he didn't have the 2011 title. Bosh would be pretty much a longer lasting JO. He would've had to of waited for Chris Webber to get in and I don't think that will ever happen. Reggie and C Webb had pretty similar careers at different positions, Webber bigger numbers, Reggie has the playoff moments that bring him over the top.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Bosh has made like one All-NBA team. For me, that's not Hall of Fame quality.
    A bit unfair though. Guys who are the best player on average to good teams made it ahead of Bosh because he decided he wanted to win championships in his prime instead of making a string of second and third All NBA teams. David Lee made the All NBA team last year. Bosh is better on offense (Lee's one skill) and miles better than him on defense.

Looking at these All NBA teams from the last few years I can't believe Bosh hasn't made it. I like Blake a lot but how is he making it in front of Bosh. Kevin Love too. Really the only power forwards I'd take over him are Dirk and Duncan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I like the Suns. They are a fun, young team. I am glad they feel like they did well with the trade. Honestly though, we could make the same 'fleecing' argument the other way around.

Scola has been absolutely ENORMOUS for us.

Yeah, Miles and Gerald are playing better in a fast paced offense, where they don't have anyone else to throw out there. I'm truly happy for them. They were both likable guys and pros.

But, I have not missed either one of them for one single, solitary second (from a on-court Bball POV). Scola, however. I can't imagine this team without him now. A steady, incredibly solid backup presence who has single-handedly kept us in games this season on a few occasions.

This is one of those rare "both teams did well" trades. Similar to the Hill/Leonard trade.

Anyways, all that to say. Glad the Suns fans/announcers feel like the 'fleeced' us. Happy for our former guys. But we did REALLY well on that trade, too.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With both in their primes I'd take JO over Bosh quickly.

Pretty good comparison though.

JO was much stronger. He was also more effective against centers, though both men were better suited for the four spot.
    Oneal in his prime could play better than almost all starters in the league at the four or the five. If it weren't for seeing him outmatched several times a year by Garnet you would think him very special indeed.
    He would have been fairly effective against both DWEST and Roy on both ends. Not many guys can do that. Certainly not Bosh. (prime Garnet abuses them all, sorry to say).
    If JO would have had a longer peak I'd put him in the Hall. With Bosh - he likely will make it - but I'm with the guy who said it's not the Hall of the Very Good.
    Last edited by solid; 12-31-2013 at 05:50 AM.

I seem to remember JO only having one year where he was hands down better than Bosh, when he was in Toronto... The rest of the years it was debatable...

Is Webber not in the HOF? Webber is clearly better than Bosh. So is Rasheed Wallace. Bosh would need to do more than win rings as the 3rd option
    David "And One" West

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Bosh is a lock for the Hall of Fame. Whether you think he should get in is a different question, but his career could end today and he'd make it. Pau too.
    You work border patrol for the US, by chance?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Is Webber not in the HOF? Webber is clearly better than Bosh. So is Rasheed Wallace. Bosh would need to do more than win rings as the 3rd option
    Webber will be eligible next year and and he'll make it eventually. I think he'll probably be punished for a years for the Michigan timeout and the fact that he didn't win a title. Bosh is better than Sheed.

Bosh will have the benefit of amazing stats, at least two rings, tons of all star appearances and a huge role on the most publicized team since Jordan's Bulls. There's just no way he doesn't make it in. If you listed his accomplishments as "Player X" and not "Chris Bosh" then most people would probably agree.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

David "And One" West

People keep faulting Bosh for being the third option. Thats not how the hall works. You dont have to be a top 3 person on ur team. Not if the other guys ahead of u are hofers. Not boshs fault the offense is designed around wade and lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Pau Gasol should be in the HOF. The Lakers were getting bounced in the first round before he came along and turned them into an immediate title contender. Made three straight NBA Finals and won two rings. He'll have great career numbers by the time he is done.
    And that's just the NBA. Lets not forget that the basketball HOF isn't limited to the NBA, and takes their entire basketball careers into account. What Pau has done with Spain will be a big plus.

EDIT: Didn't see Nunt's post.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post: