Page 113 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #2801
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,234

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure that one team been in the east and the other one been in the west has something to do with it but sure keep using those numbers.
    Toronto's the 2nd team in 2 years to improve after trading Rudy Gay. (Are you watching this, Joe Dumars? 482 points on 477 shots.) These are indisputable facts that you've been ignoring. I don't understand why. Toronto acquired 3 rotation players and gave every player on its team a defined role. They'll be the 3rd seed in the East probably by the end of the season if they don't decide to tank. And the Grizzlies made their two best playoff runs in franchise history when Gay was either injured or traded

    What is your fascination with Gay? Why do you think he's a top 15 player? I just don't get it.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  3. #2802

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Toronto's the 2nd team in 2 years to improve after trading Rudy Gay. (Are you watching this, Joe Dumars? 482 points on 477 shots.) These are indisputable facts that you've been ignoring. I don't understand why. Toronto acquired 3 rotation players and gave every player on its team a defined role. They'll be the 3rd seed in the East probably by the end of the season if they don't decide to tank. And the Grizzlies made their two best playoff runs in franchise history when Gay was either injured or traded

    What is your fascination with Gay? Why do you think he's a top 15 player? I just don't get it.
    vnzla81 is a future GM, don't question him with your logic. GM's don't use logic, just look at Billy King and Chris Grant.

  4. #2803
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,479

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Houston just seems like a fraud to me.
    The Spurs are the only good team they can beat. Everyone else kills them.

  5. #2804
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,479

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know nobody wants to say it but I think CP3 is a bit of a ball hog the guy doesn't pass the ball at the end of games making him predictable to guard, I don't really like when he dribbles for 22 seconds almost every time at the end of games that stuff is not going to fly on the playoffs.

    Maybe that is one of the reasons why he never made it that far?
    I remember in those playoff games in NO against the Spurs he would disappear at the end. As we have discussed before, if your point guard is best player the chances of your team winning it all is not good lately.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:


  7. #2805
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Doug Eberhardt ‏@ebehoops 3m
    Kendall Marshall's refusal to shoot (from 3 or on penetration) is debilitating to an offence. Needs to be at least a threat.

    Darius Soriano ‏@forumbluegold 8m
    Marshall not looking to score will hurt him in this offense. PG has to at least fake being a scoring threat to help create the spacing on O.

    Darius Soriano ‏@forumbluegold 10m
    If all you do is look to pass, the D stops responding to you & rotates to where the threats are on the wing & clogs the paint in the P&R.


    I have been saying this forever about him. Just a complete liability when he is in the game. At least they have Swaggy P he isnt shy about putting it up, but Marshall is hurting their offense. Marshall has just been hard to watch tonight he needs to look like a threat. I wouldn't even guard him with the way he is playing right now.

  8. #2806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus the Raptors were a better team than the Kings before that trade
    Lowry starting to play good also helps, I have a feeling that he is doing it to get traded.

  9. #2807
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lowry starting to play good also helps, I have a feeling that he is doing it to get traded.
    Lowry is playing better because he can actually be an offensive weapon now that Rudy is gone. Of course there is a correlation there.
    @qandrews9428

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  11. #2808
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    How can you hate Danny Granger and be in love with the bad, fools gold version of him in Rudy Gay.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:


  13. #2809
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,286

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you hate Danny Granger and be in love with the bad, fools gold version of him in Rudy Gay.

  14. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  15. #2810
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,504

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    ^ lol @ that GIF

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  17. #2811

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember in those playoff games in NO against the Spurs he would disappear at the end. As we have discussed before, if your point guard is best player the chances of your team winning it all is not good lately.
    Not really sure what you mean here. Paul was great in this series and they had a good chance to win it with a game 7 at home before Robert Horry took a cheap shot at David West's already injured back.

    Because he's been so successful, people forget that Greg Poppovich was running a hit squad during the Spurs' glory years.

  18. #2812

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know nobody wants to say it but I think CP3 is a bit of a ball hog the guy doesn't pass the ball at the end of games making him predictable to guard, I don't really like when he dribbles for 22 seconds almost every time at the end of games that stuff is not going to fly on the playoffs.

    Maybe that is one of the reasons why he never made it that far?
    Paul had a game winning buzzer beater assist in Indy against the Pacers so I doubt he has a problem with passing in crunch time. Probably has more to do with the fact that LA has no consistent shooters outside of Crawford. If it's a predictable Chris Paul jumper or anyone else on that team, I'll take CP every time.

  19. #2813

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is any team worse at picking players in the last decade? Jeez Cleveland.
    Portland.

  20. #2814
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lowry is playing better because he can actually be an offensive weapon now that Rudy is gone. Of course there is a correlation there.
    The rumor is that Lowry is playing well for his next contract, Toronto is trading him for a reason he is a player that has to get motivated to play he had the same issues in Houston.

  21. #2815
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rumor is that Lowry is playing well for his next contract, Toronto is trading him for a reason he is a player that has to get motivated to play he had the same issues in Houston.
    I think its a chemistry thing. Two years ago, Lowry was playing like one of the 7 or 8 best point guards in the league. Then last year happened (the less said about it, the better) and now that the roster has a little more balance to it again, he's playing well again.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  23. #2816

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I know some of you wanted him. He's up for grabs again.



  24. #2817
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know some of you wanted him. He's up for grabs again.


    As far as third-string centers go, there won't be a better one on the market this season... I don't see why not? He's at least worth a couple of 10-day contracts early next year to see if he can be useful.

  25. #2818
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Isn't Armstrong the guy we let go in preseason?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  27. #2819

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Armstrong the guy we let go in preseason?
    Correct.

  28. #2820
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,490

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I'd bring him back in a instant. One emergency big can't hurt.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  29. #2821

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portland.
    Considering the team they have now im confused by this.

  30. #2822

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know some of you wanted him. He's up for grabs again.


    I was surprised that he didn't make the team. Pacers are short a big.

  31. #2823
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,286

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    whatever. I wanted to keep Armstrong but the guys seem to like Saul, so whathever

  32. #2824
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,185
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I think the Pacers are holding 1 spot in case of a potential trade where they may have to take a roster spot.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  33. #2825

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Pacers are holding 1 spot in case of a potential trade where they may have to take a roster spot.
    I doubt this. If anything i woild imagine we are saving a spot for somebody who gets cut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •