Page 112 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 5864

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Blake Griffin destroying Enes Kanter right now. He's been on a roll lately, hitting his free throws and working out of the post. Weird to say that a guy with so much publicity is underrated but a lot of people don't seem to appreciate his game. He's a pitbull when he gets going.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

It looks like things are falling out to give Paul and Griffin a chance to prove they are not regular season wonders and playoff no shows. Lob city may look like fun, but can it get a ring?

Banned

Lob city is not winning anything anytime soon they still have holes to fill, CP3 is also nice and all but sometimes he tries too hard to win a game, against the Warriors he tried to take over and failed same thing against Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lob city is not winning anything anytime soon they still have holes to fill, CP3 is also nice and all but sometimes he tries too hard to win a game, against the Warriors he tried to take over and failed same thing against Portland.
    Not sure I'd say he "failed." At GS he had a clean layup to tie the game and it rolled out. Sometimes you don't get the roll. Against the Blazers he put the team ahead by three with something like 30 seconds left with an insane fading jumper. Batum just hit a nice three to tie it up.

I'm probably higher than most people on the Clippers. By the end of the season I think they'll be the second best team in the West going into the playoffs (maybe not record wise, just level of play). The big problem I see is that they're undersized at basically every position besides center. They really need some size on the wing and someone who can finish around the rim. Thaddeus Young would be great for them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Almost a perfect nirvana night....

Pacers comfortable win...

Detroit gets blown out and as an added bonus, Cheeks benches Josh Smith yet again in the second half for not playing hard....and Josh is none too happy about it...drama in the motor city...I love it...Ive been telling you Joe D...you better trade Smith before the deadline if you have even half a brain...

If not for friggen Chris Bosh it wouldve been a perfect night...oh well...Ill take it...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I knew that Sacto winning vs Miami was so odd that the laws of physics would even out right in Miami's next and much more difficult (one of the best league's) opponent. Chris freaking Bosh with a 3 at the end, adding to his total tally of 37 points.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Yeah, I think Chris Bosh is so excited he didn't have to relive scoring zero points in a game seven.

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Saving grace is that they have had an easy schedule and we got our hard stretch over, but agreed.

This is why I get so upset when I see our team sleepwalk through games like the Detroit game. We can't afford to lose any game. They were missing the league MVP on the road second night of a back to back and they WON. We can not lose to the Detroits of the league.
    March until the end of the season looks pretty tough for the Pacers, especially considering the grind of the regular season could result in a letdown game or two.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    Yeah, I think Chris Bosh is so excited he didn't have to relive scoring zero points in a game seven.
    pretty sure he was more than fine w/ how that game turned out

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Every decade since I've been following the NBA, there has been one team that has appeared more clutch/luckier than everyone else:

80's Celtics
    90's Bulls
    00's Lakers
    10's Heat

It's what makes Miami truly scary, their ability to consistently pull out games they really have no business winning.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Not sure I'd say he "failed." At GS he had a clean layup to tie the game and it rolled out. Sometimes you don't get the roll. Against the Blazers he put the team ahead by three with something like 30 seconds left with an insane fading jumper. Batum just hit a nice three to tie it up.

I'm probably higher than most people on the Clippers. By the end of the season I think they'll be the second best team in the West going into the playoffs (maybe not record wise, just level of play). The big problem I see is that they're undersized at basically every position besides center. They really need some size on the wing and someone who can finish around the rim. Thaddeus Young would be great for them.
    I know nobody wants to say it but I think CP3 is a bit of a ball hog the guy doesn't pass the ball at the end of games making him predictable to guard, I don't really like when he dribbles for 22 seconds almost every time at the end of games that stuff is not going to fly on the playoffs.

Maybe that is one of the reasons why he never made it that far?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Every decade since I've been following the NBA, there has been one team that has appeared more clutch/luckier than everyone else:

80's Celtics
    90's Bulls
    00's Lakers
    10's Heat

It's what makes Miami truly scary, their ability to consistently pull out games they really have no business winning.
    It's no coincidence that each of those four teams had a top 10 player in NBA history.

For the most part, you make your own luck. The Heat routinely have the best execution down the stretch of close games. Last night was some luck without Lebron, plus Bosh was playing like a left handed Nowitzki. But for the most part, that team makes their own luck.

Banned

Imagine how good could OKC be if they didnt play Perkins, is like they refuse to destroy teams and they make it fair by letting Perkins play.

Imagine how good could OKC be if they didnt play Perkins, is like they refuse to destroy teams and they make it fair by letting Perkins play.

I agree about Perk. Nevertheless, they are destroying Houston right now. I think they will be alright while Westbrook is out. Mr. October will fill in admirably in the starting PG position. He is shredding Houston tonght.

Houston just seems like a fraud to me.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I agree I don't see that team winning a championship ever, Howard is mentally soft and Harden is not that mentally strong either.

Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Mood

I agree I don't see that team winning a championship ever, Howard is mentally soft and Harden is not that mentally strong either.
    Well and they allow 1000000000000000000000000 points per game
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I agree about Perk. Nevertheless, they are destroying Houston right now. I think they will be alright while Westbrook is out. Mr. October will fill in admirably in the starting PG position. He is shredding Houston tonght.
    OKC is like the time you play pickup basketball and your team is so good that your last pick is a ten years old kid, that's what OKC is doing by playing Perkins they play 4 against 5 and still destroy teams.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Well and they allow 1000000000000000000000000 points per game
    I still can't get over how bad Harden's defense is. I get that you have a great rim protector in Howard behind you, but **** Harden is a turnstile out there. Just lazy *** defense from him.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    They live and die by the three.

Banned

So Rudy Gay is playing pretty well and Sacramento is actually decent.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So Rudy Gay is playing pretty well and Sacramento is actually decent.
    The last-place Kings have lost more games than they've won since trading for Gay, FWIW, and the Raptors are 7-3 since trading him. Sounds like the Raptors took the Kings to the woodshed in that deal.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Banned

It looks like Manu someway somehow got younger 28 points for him tonight, damn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    The last-place Kings have lost more games than they've won since trading for Gay, FWIW, and the Raptors are 7-3 since trading him. Sounds like the Raptors took the Kings to the woodshed in that deal.
    I'm pretty sure that one team been in the east and the other one been in the west has something to do with it but sure keep using those numbers.

I'm pretty sure that one team been in the east and the other one been in the west has something to do with it but sure keep using those numbers.
    Plus the Raptors were a better team than the Kings before that trade