Page 104 of 248 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I'm guessing OKC takes the west this year
    They are better defensively than I thought, and their "complementary" players are pretty good.

I'm not sure we have a good answer for Westbrook.
    It would be a good series.
    We would need our backcourt to step up to beat them.
    Home court rules, most likely.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I think OKC is in a class of its own in the West a little above the rest. The 3 true title contenders to me at this moment are Pacers, Heat, and Thunder. Spurs to me are continuing to get older and I don't think they'd have a chance against OKC, never have believed in Clippers, Rockets, Warriors or anyone else really. Portland is interesting but they don't have much playoff experience, I can't see them stomping through the playoffs in the West w/out that.

If the Pacers have the luxury of being in the Finals, I want it to be anyone but OKC, they are just a terrible matchup. Their 1/2 rivals the Heat and they can score easily where the Pacers are weakest at defensively, the mid-range game. If you try to change things up, they can shoot 3's, and they will be willing to drive to the basket and Hibbert can get in foul trouble.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think OKC is in a class of its own in the West a little above the rest. The 3 true title contenders to me at this moment are Pacers, Heat, and Thunder. Spurs to me are continuing to get older and I don't think they'd have a chance against OKC, never have believed in Clippers, Rockets, Warriors or anyone else really. Portland is interesting but they don't have much playoff experience, I can't see them stomping through the playoffs in the West w/out that.

If the Pacers have the luxury of being in the Finals, I want it to be anyone but OKC, they are just a terrible matchup. Their 1/2 rivals the Heat and they can score easily where the Pacers are weakest at defensively, the mid-range game. If you try to change things up, they can shoot 3's, and they will be willing to drive to the basket and Hibbert can get in foul trouble.
    I agree about the Thunder. They would be working on their third straight Finals appearance this year if Westbrook hadn't gotten hurt. If you have two of the five best players in the league on your team, then yeah, you're probably the favorite to come out of the Conference.

I don't like how we match-up against them either, but we had just played SA the night before playing them this year. I think we'll play better against them at home in April. But put it this way: If we have to seriously worry about the Thunder this season, then it will mean that the season is successful on an epic scale......

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea...im of the belief that if not for Westbrooks injury last year it wouldve been a repeat OKC/Miami finals....

And with a relatively healthy Granger, OKC is the only team that scares me....If we do meet up with them I think we might see alot of Hibbert, West, Granger, George and Lance playing together

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post

The Spurs might finally be getting too old.

Too old to win another championship, but young enough to still have a GOOD team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    31 makes parker the 3rd oldest starting PG in the NBA behind Nash and Jameer Nelson. And the latter two won't be in the nba much longer.
    Hell can we even say Nash is "starting"? The dude has played like 3 games this season.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Yea...im of the belief that if not for Westbrooks injury last year it wouldve been a repeat OKC/Miami finals....

And with a relatively healthy Granger, OKC is the only team that scares me....If we do meet up with them I think we might see alot of Hibbert, West, Granger, George and Lance playing together
    Man, I gotta say it, and maybe it is just my blind homerism, but I am not SCARED of any team in the NBA.

Is there a team that is going to beat us every once in awhile, yeah sure, but I am very confident that any team should be happy if they even take us to a game 7.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

11. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Hell can we even say Nash is "starting"? The dude has played like 3 games this season.
    I'm including guys that were brought in to be starters. I left Hinrich off for that same reason.

I did miss on Calderon, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-26-2013 at 04:07 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Man, I gotta say it, and maybe it is just my blind homerism, but I am not SCARED of any team in the NBA.

Is there a team that is going to beat us every once in awhile, yeah sure, but I am very confident that any team should be happy if they even take us to a game 7.
    Basically the fact that the Thunder blew us out of the building and made it look easy along the way is a reason for most people's pessimism about the Pacers chances against the Thunder at this point. That could change depending on how the next head to head matchup goes.
    @qandrews9428

14. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Basically the fact that the Thunder blew us out of the building and made it look easy along the way is a reason for most people's pessimism about the Pacers chances against the Thunder at this point. That could change depending on how the next head to head matchup goes.
    Also consider the fact that it was the last game of a very long western road trip.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Portland is playing like they are now, and the Pacers are as well and played in the Finals, it would be a TON of fun, for fans of the teams and for the NBA in general. That game in Portland was so much fun even though they lost. At the time though I sort of felt like Portland was just playing out of their asses for that game and were insanely good, and the Pacers still dominated them for about 3 quarters.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

If Portland is playing like they are now, and the Pacers are as well and played in the Finals, it would be a TON of fun, for fans of the teams and for the NBA in general. That game in Portland was so much fun even though they lost. At the time though I sort of felt like Portland was just playing out of their asses for that game and were insanely good, and the Pacers still dominated them for about 3 quarters.
    I hate to be one of those people, but its really hard for me to believe that a team that won 33 games a year ago, can add Mo Williams and Robin Lopez and become contenders. They are still shooting an unsustainable percentage, and their defense is bottom 10 in the league. Even if they do finish with a top 3 seed in the west, I see them losing in the first round.
    @qandrews9428

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I hate to be one of those people, but its really hard for me to believe that a team that won 33 games a year ago, can add Mo Williams and Robin Lopez and become contenders. They are still shooting an unsustainable percentage, and their defense is bottom 10 in the league. Even if they do finish with a top 3 seed in the west, I see them losing in the first round.
    Yeah but LMA is rebounding. I think Robin Lopez is proving that the shift away from small ball is happening. Watching the Heat and Lakers was horrible. Xavier Henry (and his horrid defense), Nick Young (in his humorous attempt to guard Lebron), Farmar, Wesley Johnson, and Gasol was horrid on the defensive end.

Portland may still lose in the 2nd round, but it won't be because they are a fad that will fade. They will be periennal contenders while teams like the Clippers and Dallas will bail out.

Except for Lance cracking the Top 10 in guards.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Korver is another guy that is kicking the Bulls in the a** he is playing great, I wonder were he qualifies on the clutch list?

Can't wrap my head around Paul George being fourth in all star voting, just barely behind Kobe. I always thought he'd be good but never this good.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Banned

So Portland has two starters that wanted to leave that team last year in Batum and Aldridge, weird how things are working out now.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid that KG commercial is. It's as if the NYC pedestrians are the predatory beings from I Am Legend.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Lamarcus Aldridge so good

Mood

I dont take very much from one game.
    At that, take the fact that they were the very last game of the toughest road trip annyone will have this year, not too scared.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

I can't think of two other franchises who deserve to have championship contending teams this year more than the Pacers and Blazers. The Pacers have been through so much since the brawl. The Blazers just couldn't get a break with all the injuries. It was almost ridiculous. A Pacers/Blazers final (with the Pacers winning of course) would be a perfect ending to the season.
    Last edited by Pacerfan; 12-27-2013 at 04:58 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Look, we were obviously tired in that Thunder game as it was the last game of the WC trip. However, we don't match up well with the Thunder either. Same with Portland. We don't match up well against those two teams because their offense specializes in hitting the mid-range jumper which our defense is designed to give up and they also have big bodies that can take away our advantage in the paint.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

With all the talk about how the NBA allstar weekend has gotten boring, you know what would be an interesting idea? They should have a shooting competition similar to what they do with the "current NBA player-WNBA player-NBA legend" event (forgot what it's called), but change the contestants to NBA coaches, refs, owners, and former players (hopefully Mullins, Bird, Magic, Jordan those ppl). I would definitely watch that.

Banned

@daldridgetnt: Hawks not yet certain Al Horford is done for the season, but he will be out for a while.

Another player out.