Page 103 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I don't know if this has been said but we are 8-3 vs Christmas day teams and 4-2 vs the teams that are currently above .500. That is something!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to circlecitysportsfan For This Useful Post:

Banned

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Yep Pendergraph still sucks Pop has not choice but to play him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty impressive win for Houston. Probably the biggest W of the season. This is the sort of win they had in mind when they put this squad together.

The Spurs might finally be getting too old.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

Dutch Pacers Fan

The spurs started out flat, did manage to come back in the game, but what was up with those Kawhi Leonard post ups? Nothing good came from it but they kept going back to it. Parker was invisible tonight.
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were fortunate to have a super easy road to the Finals last year. First they beat a Kobe-less Laker team with a Dwight Howard who was ready to get the hell out of L.A. Then they beat a Warriors team that was very talented and tough, but simply lacked the mental toughness and experience to win a series against SA. Finally, they beat a Memphis team that was good, but certainly wouldn't ever be mistaken for the 2011 Mavs or 2009 Lakers. It's not their fault that the West was depleted and they simply beat who was on the schedule, but the Westbrook injury made it a pretty easy road.

They certainly get credit for taking the Heat to 7 games, but I just don't think that the Spurs will be able to get out of the West if the other teams stay healthy. As we saw in 2012, they can't beat OKC if Westbrook plays. They had a 2-0 lead on them that year, but OKC turned it around and rattle off four straight wins against them to win the series. They just can't keep up with Durant and Westbrook going at 100%. Also, teams like Portland, Houston, and the Clippers aren't slouches. I don't think the Spurs will get out of the West again.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I think Nick Collison was with this franchise when they played Chicago in the 96 Finals.
    He is not that old
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    The Spurs don't get too old, the league gets too young.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

And this is how they made the "Jingle hoops" commercial.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/jingle...s-pretty-cool/

Banned

And regarding the Spurs I think they need to flip Splitter for some pieces.

And also are the Spurs really that old? sure Duncan and Manu are old but everybody else is pretty young, Parker is not that old for a point guard either.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    And regarding the Spurs I think they need to flip Splitter for some pieces.

And also are the Spurs really that old? sure Duncan and Manu are old but everybody else is pretty young, Parker is not that old for a point guard either.
    Parker's an old *** 31 though. 31 period is old for the NBA but this is his 13th year, he's got a ton of deep playoff runs plus playing for France in the summers. Dude's got a lot of miles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Parker's an old *** 31 though. 31 period is old for the NBA but this is his 13th year, he's got a ton of deep playoff runs plus playing for France in the summers. Dude's got a lot of miles.
    Here is an article I found pretty much putting the San Antonio Spurs "old" myth to rest

http://m.si.com/3030665/the-false-na...he-nba-finals/

I have to look but I think they got younger by adding Belinelli and Pendergraph too.

I kind of agree with you on Parker but I think Pop knows how to rest him kind of keeping him from getting a lot of miles, Parker is actually the one telling him all the time that he is young and should play more.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I kind of agree with you on Parker but I think Pop knows how to rest him kind of keeping him from getting a lot of miles
    This is something Frank needs to learn. He's managing West's minutes pretty well but PG especially is just playing too many garbage time minutes in blowouts.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

31 makes parker the 3rd oldest starting PG in the NBA behind Nash and Jameer Nelson. And the latter two won't be in the nba much longer.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

This is something Frank needs to learn. He's managing West's minutes pretty well but PG especially is just playing too many garbage time minutes in blowouts.

Listening to Jon Barry makes me sad.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Listening to Jon Barry makes me sad.
    I don't know the reference, but if this is something Barry said this is probably the first time I've ever agreed with him.

Banned

Yeah PG is getting too many minutes and West should be getting less, not sure how less minutes could affect PG's chance to be in the MVP conversation though.

On another note I went through SA's roster from last year and compared them to the current one and yes they got younger, they replaced Tmac/Neal with Bellineli/Pendergraph, maybe their average is similar though.

Sports Logo

Sure, the Spurs "got younger," but in the same way we did with dumping Gerald Green for Solomon Hill.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    31 makes parker the 3rd oldest starting PG in the NBA behind Nash and Jameer Nelson. And the latter two won't be in the nba much longer.
    Jameer is retiring? Calderon is older than him by the way.

Banned

Sure, the Spurs "got younger," but in the same way we did with dumping Gerald Green for Solomon Hill.
    I'm not sure about Belinelli he is huge for them, you might have a point with Pendergraph because he gets playing time but sucks(Like Solo).

Jon Barry wouldn't be defending Blake if he was David Lee or Speights

Looks like Matt Barnes has learned his lesson lol

I wouldn't worry too much on the Spurs. Their main goal is to be healthy when the postseason arrives. They are a different team come playoff time when healthy. They may look inferior against playoff teams right now but as long as they are healthy in the playoffs, I don't see any team in the West beating them, even if it's OKC.
    Last edited by 15th parallel; 12-26-2013 at 08:23 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much on the Spurs. Their main goal is to be healthy when the postseason arrives. They are a different team come playoff time when healthy. They may look inferior against playoff teams right now but as long as they are healthy in the playoffs, I don't see any team in the Weat beating them, even if it't OKC.
    I'd disagree with the last part...I think OKC if healthy will make it out of the West without much trouble. They scare me more than Miami honestly.
    On the Lance bandwagon

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    I'd disagree with the last part...I think OKC if healthy will make it out of the West without much trouble. They scare me more than Miami honestly.
    Match-up wise to the Pacers, yeah maybe. But remember that they were easily beaten by the Heat in 5 games when most "experts" and fans thought it's already in the bag for OKC that time.

There's a good difference in the OKC finals teams 2 years ago vs. the Spurs finals team last year. No Harden for OKC, the emergence of Leonard for SA.