Page 99 of 248 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Banned

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Jimmer time baby!!!! I guess he is not that bad lol

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody came up with a fake rumor with Hill+Granger going to Boston for Rondo, I'm really not sure why this rumor is been talk about so much, I've seen rumors by Yahoo that never got this much press.
    it gets worse. it's reached the team now.

https://www.indystar.com/article/201...by-trade-rumor

So as an Internet rumor circulated on Monday that mentioned Hill and Danny Granger in a trade proposal to Boston for All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo, Hill remained unaffected. Hill’s agent, Michael Whitaker, informed The Star that he has not been in contact with either team nor has he taken part in any trade talks involving his client this season.

By Monday night, Hill had heard the rumor then shoved it to the back of his mind. “I don’t care nothing about that. If it happens, it happens. It’s the business and the only thing that I can control is what I can control and that’s to come out here and be the best teammate that I could possibly be and try to help this team win basketball games,” Hill said. “I just found out earlier today, so it’s something that I don’t really pay attention to. I kind of just saw it and let it go.” Indianapolis Star
    Awesome, so now Hill's got that in the back of his head. ****in internet. That trades not even friggin possible, the Celtics would literally have to double the outgoing salary.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 12-24-2013 at 12:22 AM.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Awesome, so now Hill's got that in the back of his head. ****in internet. That trades not even friggin possible, the Celtics would literally have to double the outgoing salary.
    Wow that's crazy, that trade has the 2014 pacers pick going to Boston too lol

According to ShamSports, Boston has a $10M trade exception.

Boston Celtics Paul Pierce $10,275,136 expires 14th July 2014

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...exceptions.jsp

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Miles had an excellent statline tonight. 17 points on 8/15 shooting (1/5 FTs, though), 20 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 assist. Too bad that I missed the game

Thankfully, I can watch the replays now
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Wow that's crazy, that trade has the 2014 pacers pick going to Boston too lol
    Which is in Phoenix. Not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

I thought u couldn't combine the trade exception with a player? Or did that change?

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    I thought u couldn't combine the trade exception with a player? Or did that change?
    Could simply make it two trades if they need to.

Just sayin'.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

Still. Ain't happenin.

Sports Logo

Reggie's doing his weekly interviews on Dan Patrick again. He doesn't buy that Larry would give him competition in a 3 point contest today.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Miles had an excellent statline tonight. 17 points on 8/15 shooting (1/5 FTs, though), 20 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 assist. Too bad that I missed the game

Plumlee is looking like a pretty good pick now...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Gerald Green says Hi 22 points, 7/13, 6/11 from downtown. The only time GG had 6 threes in a Pacers uniform, was that last game of the regular season against philly, which wouldn't affect our ranking, win or loss.

As a Pacer and Miles Plumlee fan I can't help but think why did the Suns GM had to be one of the few believers in Miles? Why didn't read he more on Pacers digest
    but after almost 2 months of playing, it seems to me that both these guys have found themselves an offense (and 2 PGs) better suited to their strengths, so I'm very happy for them.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MvPlumlee For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After the beating he took today he's not apt to remember it
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Plumlee is looking like a pretty good pick now...
    Plumlee was a Bird pick. He was always a good pick. Some people on here just didn't like him because he wasn't special at Duke.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    Gerald Green says Hi 22 points, 7/13, 6/11 from downtown. The only time GG had 6 threes in a Pacers uniform, was that last game of the regular season against philly, which wouldn't affect our ranking, win or loss.

As a Pacer and Miles Plumlee fan I can't help but think why did the Suns GM had to be one of the few believers in Miles? Why didn't read he more on Pacers digest
    but after almost 2 months of playing, it seems to me that both these guys have found themselves an offense (and 2 PGs) better suited to their strengths, so I'm very happy for them.
    Yeah, GG is playing well in Phoenix as well. I'm glad for him too. He is an excellent fit in Phoenix. He wasn't a great fit here because our offense was much slower and he benefit from a slower pace.

However, I think that Miles would be a good fit here as well. He just seems like a flat out good player to me. He was good in both Summer Leagues. He is better offensively in Phoenix's pace since he can work endless PnRs with Bledsoe and Dragic but I think that he would be good here as well.

Oh well. I love Scola so I'm very glad that the trade worked out the best for every party involved. I'm proud of them

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Also, the thing nobody mentions about young guys (though Miles is practically early middle aged by NBA age), but experience wise, PLAYERS GET BETTER. Miles kicking *** in Phoenix (and good on him for it) doesn't mean he didn't suck here, he absolutely did.

It's like Jalen Rose says, sometimes guys just get drafted by the wrong team. I'm still really high on Anthony Bennett as a scoring 4, doesn't look like that's gonna happen in Cleveland. Hornacek's looking like a really good coach (good job letting him leave Utah), he knows his team's crazy young, so just keep it simple and run and pick and roll em to death and just let em play off instinct.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If everyone would have known how well Green and Plum would do maybe we could have kept that pick!
    Oh well.
    Scola's been great for us. I have little doubt that, sitting deep on our bench, those guys would not have made this sort of improvement.
    It's been a really nice trade for all involved.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Check out Boogie Cousins growing up

http://www.news10.net/video/29678102...--Kings-Center

and yes, that's ABSOLUTELY Cousins growing up and maturing. Dude's never had problems off the floor or anything, he's just been lazy and aloof when he's playing. He's not now, mostly, he's getting there.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Also, the thing nobody mentions about young guys (though Miles is practically early middle aged by NBA age), but experience wise, PLAYERS GET BETTER. Miles kicking *** in Phoenix (and good on him for it) doesn't mean he didn't suck here, he absolutely did.
    It's absolutely true that players get better. Miles obviously got better this summer. However, he didn't suck here. He just never got the chance to play. He played a total of 55 minutes. And he didn't look bad at all in those 55 minutes. He showed good rebounding and defensive insticts.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gigi Datome...really like this guy, even though he's been terrible. It's easy to forget how much even garbage time minutes mean to the fringe guys just happy to be in the NBA...
    Gigi Datome ✔ @GigiDatome
    Follow
    W on the road, minutes on the court, first dunk in NBA... Santa, skip my house. I'm fine!!!!
    Merry xmas and happy holydays!!!
    10:18 PM - 23 Dec 2013

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Yeah, GG is playing well in Phoenix as well. I'm glad for him too. He is an excellent fit in Phoenix. He wasn't a great fit here because our offense was much slower and he benefit from a slower pace.

However, I think that Miles would be a good fit here as well. He just seems like a flat out good player to me. He was good in both Summer Leagues. He is better offensively in Phoenix's pace since he can work endless PnRs with Bledsoe and Dragic but I think that he would be good here as well.

Oh well. I love Scola so I'm very glad that the trade worked out the best for every party involved. I'm proud of them
    True, another Bird trade that benefits both teams and the players involved so it seems

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MvPlumlee For This Useful Post:

Check out Boogie Cousins growing up

http://www.news10.net/video/29678102...--Kings-Center

and yes, that's ABSOLUTELY Cousins growing up and maturing. Dude's never had problems off the floor or anything, he's just been lazy and aloof when he's playing. He's not now, mostly, he's getting there.
    Really? The games that I watched, he still seemed lazy, complaining a lot, giving up on plays. Guess I should watch him again then

About Plumlee's previous season. I agree he didn't look good or ready to contribute last season. The combination of him improving his game (moves) and him getting to play PnR all the time is making the Miles Plumlee star shine very bright in Arizona

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We've heard a lot about Kobe because of his injury. We've heard a lot about Pierce and Garnett rotting away on that cesspool of a Nets team. But what about another champ from their generation who is in his 16th season and playing as if he is in his prime?

- Dirk Nowitizki

The Mavs got a big win in Houston last night with Dirk popping fadeaways as if he was playing the Heat in the 2011 Finals. This guy is 35 with a billion miles on him, yet is the 13th leading scorer in the league right now. He seems to be completely healed after that knee surgery last year. This is by far the best he has looked since Dallas won the championship. He is an immortal NBA legend and we should appreciate his greatness while he is still playing. The Dirk-Monta duo is a pretty lethal offensive threat and I think they could be a headache in the playoffs.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    Really? The games that I watched, he still seemed lazy, complaining a lot, giving up on plays. Guess I should watch him again then

About Plumlee's previous season. I agree he didn't look good or ready to contribute last season. The combination of him improving his game (moves) and him getting to play PnR all the time is making the Miles Plumlee star shine very bright in Arizona
    Boogie probably complains less than Paul George, put it that way. You can rationalize that all you want, "stature" in the league and whatever, but it's pretty true from what I've seen. Boogie's a victim of the Kentucky narrative, I think that was at least somewhat of a reason Wiggins went to Kansas.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Boogie probably complains less than Paul George, put it that way. You can rationalize that all you want, "stature" in the league and whatever, but it's pretty true from what I've seen. Boogie's a victim of the Kentucky narrative, I think that was at least somewhat of a reason Wiggins went to Kansas.

I'll preface all of this by saying that I love Boogie Cousins.... but the guy is one of the worst complainers I've ever seen. Not quite Stephen Jackson levels, where he takes himself out of 10% of the plays because he won't stop barking at the refs, but it's pretty close. You can see in the quality of his play that he is easily flustered when the refs don't give him calls.

Big difference with PG is that I feel like he plays really well when he gets pissed off. Boogie racks up technicals and flagrant fouls.