Page 96 of 248 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

The Phoenix Suns are 16-10.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...es-of-the-year

Zach Lowe: The idea that Roy Hibbert might be, in some weird way, the most important player in the NBA is just a massively fun story. Let's clarify: LeBron is the most important player in the NBA. But Hibbert has emerged as the closest thing in existence to a LeBron antidote, and he happens to play for a team building toward a third straight playoff matchup against the Heat.

Hibbert famously couldn't do a push-up when he arrived at Georgetown. He suffers from asthma, and he always has an inhaler around his locker in case he needs a puff. The inhaler adds to the charming air of social awkwardness Hibbert carries rare for a star-level player. He sometimes doesn't make eye contact, he laughs in kind of a weird way, and he can get a bit nervous during media scrums. He's happy to chat one-on-one, before or after games, if the conversation is good. He is a normal person in a strange, macho world. He once tweeted a photo of a woman pooping on the streets of New York City. He can look out of his depth playing offense for entire games, missing bunnies and lurching around, and then suddenly put up 20-10 lines for an entire series against the Heat.

But mostly, the dude protects the rim better than anyone else on earth. It was news two seasons ago when LeBron was working on a floater as an anti-Hibbert weapon. Now everyone has Hibbert-only shots floaters they don't use against anyone else, runners they launch a step or two farther out than usual. Hell, LeBron challenges the guy only late in close games, when everything else is going to **** for Miami. Hibbert made "verticality" a thing. A few GMs have estimated his annual on-court value at around $25 million or $30 million, double his actual salary.

This was not even in the realm of possibility five years ago. People wouldn't have laughed at you for suggesting this was possible for Hibbert, because you would never have even suggested it was possible. "Maybe the Pacers could get some rim protection by signing DeSagana Diop on the cheap" was a more reasonable statement in 2008, when Hibbert was fouling everything in sight, than "Maybe Hibbert will turn into an All-Star."
    But here we are. What a remarkable rise. The Eastern Conference finals can't get here soon enough.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks for sharing that.... Zach Lowe is by far my favorite NBA writer.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I put up with Brandon Knight's slow fantasy start for the first month of the season, but decided to cut him in late November. Of course he turns into Chris Paul Jr. immediately after I cut bait. Ugh.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trying to figure out how the Mavs can improve defensively... who says no? Assume the Mavs throw in a couple of second-rounders. Bobcats almost guarantee the 4th seed in the East, and the Mavs take half a step back this year but get much better going forward.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Banned

That's a horrible trade for Dallas damn that is bad.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mavs have no perimeter defenders and Dalembert is their only rim protector.... but he's been absolutely awful this year. My concern would only be if the Bobcats would even accept this trade.

I think the drop off from Ellis to Henderson is actually pretty marginal... and a lot of people might not notice this, but Marion has been pretty bad this year. The real sticking point for me is if I think Larkin is worth sacrificing for Biyombo, who we'd need to stay out of foul trouble. But I think it's a great​ trade for the Mavs if they could pull this deal off.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Banned

You are trading an all star(yes Monta is going to be that this year) for a bag of scrubs I don't see how that makes Dallas better, Dallas to me needs to get Asik but I don't know how they can pull it off.

If I'm Dallas I'm shopping Calderon around to see what I can get and I'll be making Monta the full time point guard, he is already the point guard anyways.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trying to figure out how the Mavs can improve defensively...
    One of my friends is a Mavs fan and we were talking about it when we were watching yesterday's game. That doesn't seem to be an easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    who says no? Assume the Mavs throw in a couple of second-rounders. Bobcats almost guarantee the 4th seed in the East, and the Mavs take half a step back this year but get much better going forward.

Monta has been good this year and Larkin is a promising player.

Henderson is better defensively than Monta but he's not a defensive stopper by any means and offensively he has issues. However, getting MKG and Biyombo would be great for the Mavs. They are good pieces for the future.

I think that this is a good trade. I can find reasons for both teams to say "yes" and "no" so it seems quite balanced.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Well, DJ Augustin is playing pretty darn well for Chicago..
    Obviously. They have no other PG and so he is starting. DJ played quite well as a starter when he was here as well when Hill was injured.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Banned

@hoopshype: Leandro Barbosa dunks on guy in the Brazilian League. http://t.co/wpJsadEC40

OMG can we bring him back?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    You are trading an all star(yes Monta is going to be that this year).
    Dont be so sure about that....If not for Kobe getting reinjured, I would say he had no chance....Hes not getting in ahead of Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Westbrook, Harden or Parker. Then you have guys like Lillard, Lawson, Holiday, Conley, Ginobili and Ellis etc who should get consideration...So hes anything but a lock...

Sports Logo

Monta can be an All-Star because the SG position is weak around the league but the PG position is strong enough to cover for it.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

The only way if Monta is traded at this point is if Dirk gets a season ending injury. The only way. They can trade to get Courtney Lee. No way is Gerald Henderson going to give the offense that is in Monta. And no way is the defensive upgrade going to help in this loss of offense.

Marion won't be traded. He is a perfect complement to Dirk.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    The only way if Monta is traded at this point is if Dirk gets a season ending injury. The only way. They can trade to get Courtney Lee. No way is Gerald Henderson going to give the offense that is in Monta. And no way is the defensive upgrade going to help in this loss of offense.

On paper, Marion is a great complement for Dirk.... but Marion has stunk pretty much all year.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @hoopshype: Leandro Barbosa dunks on guy in the Brazilian League. http://t.co/wpJsadEC40

OMG can we bring him back?
    My god that rim is out of control bendy
    DG for 3

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

It was nice to see Ajinca put up a solid game for the Pelicans. They played a couple of minutes with Ajinca/Davis frontcout, talk about length!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    The Phoenix Suns are 16-10.
    Some people had them winning around 16 games this season.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post

It isn't about getting Henderson. He is the one piece that I would change for the Mavs but he's mostly there in order to match contracts and get some kind of offense.

It is about getting two great building blocks that revolve around defense. MKG has all the tools to become an elite perimeter stopper. Biyombo has all the tools to become a very good defensive Center. He is agile and can protect the PnR perfectly and his combination of length and athleticism is enough to protect the rim and bother post players. He is also quite strong despite his young age. Plus, he has great defensive awareness and the will to play defense.

Dallas lacks defense at the moment. That's their primary concern. Their starting backcourt is awful defensively.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think Casey is trying to get fired. His rotations are abysmal. Who is there right mind would play Tyler Hans at center. Raptors have been owned on the glass ever since they put Tyler at C.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I think Casey is trying to get fired. His rotations are abysmal. Who is there right mind would play Tyler Hans at center. Raptors have been owned on the glass ever since they put Tyler at C.
    He is a very bad coach. He has been abysmal all season long.

Huge play by Amir Johnson there. That block and time-out may prove crucial for the Raptors if they can make their FTs (and inbound the ball).

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Wow, this is a bad loss by the Thunder. They had a big win against the Spurs last night so there was a natural letdown I suppose.

Sports Logo

Amir Johnson with two clutch FTs. He won the game for the Raptors. He deserves the game ball. Rudy Gay's trade has been awesome for Amir.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Toronto does us a huge favor with a remarkable 4th quarter comeback and in spite of OKC shooting an unbelievable 35-36 from the free throw line...TY TORONTO

Our loss to detroit isnt as bad now i suppose