Page 92 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Celtics lineup with Rondo at PG, Bradley at SG, and Asik at C with Brad Stevens coaching would be pretty close to the Pacers in terms of defense.
    But they wouldnt have that large, lock down wing defender like we do in PG... Which is a huge part in our success...

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Marion plus pick for Asik? the only problem is that Dallas would lose their best defender, Dirk/Asik could be nice though.
    The problem for Dallas is that they have a protected pick already going to Oklahoma City at some point (traded to LA for Odom, passed to Houston, then to OKC in the Harden deal). That makes trading a 1st rounder for them right now almost impossible.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Marion plus pick for Asik? the only problem is that Dallas would lose their best defender, Dirk/Asik could be nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    The problem for Dallas is that they have a protected pick already going to Oklahoma City at some point (traded to LA for Odom, passed to Houston, then to OKC in the Harden deal). That makes trading a 1st rounder for them right now almost impossible.
    Mavs are also a division rival. I'd love to add Asik. Hell, I'd take Lin off their hands if that was part of the deal. Something like Marion/Carter/Dalembert/Larkin for Asik/Lin/Canaan/Covington would work, and I'd even throw in a couple of 2nd-rounders if that would at all sweeten the pot. I can't stress enough how highly I value Asik as a defender.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    A Celtics lineup with Rondo at PG, Bradley at SG, and Asik at C with Brad Stevens coaching would be pretty close to the Pacers in terms of defense.
    The Celtics also have first round picks from the Nets in 2014 (some protections), 2016(unprotected), 2018(unprotected), and the right to swap picks in 2017. That Garnett/Pierce trade is going to become an absolute steal for the Celtics. That is just a ton of draft picks. I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge uses at least one of them in a trade to bring in a proven vet.

But yes, the Celtics have very bright future. They have an absolute basketball wizard of a head coach, some solid young talent, and and insane amount of draft picks coming their way. If Rondo can return to form, then they should be in fine shape. My prediction is that Rondo and Stevens will workout great together, which will once again prove that the "Rondo is a selfish team wrecker" stuff is a bunch of unsubstantiated BS.

I'd be pretty excited if I were a Celtics fan.

Did anyone see that ankle injury Mike Miller got?

Awful

Shame its not getting the coverage it deserves.

Sports Logo

our girl Candace Buckner is live on ESPN literally right now. Indy native Sage Steele's anchoring a bunch of Pacers/Heat ESPN coverage all day.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The section I saw on ESPN was all about LeBron and trying to prove how minor tonight's game is and that it's only important to Indiana - Miami doesn't care until the playoffs. I gather I missed the interview that somehow gives props to the Pacers.

On DD (Greg Rakestraw) on 1070 he was all about the Pacers.

Before noon tends to be about the Colts because it is after all Joe Staysniak.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I'm not sure Young is the kind of guy that should be next to Howard, to me the Rockets need somebody bigger at the PF position.
    Young is a better version of Terrence Jones in my mind.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo

Soooo Vogel has a bad tummy and is "questionable" for the game tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Soooo Vogel has a bad tummy and is "questionable" for the game tonight...
    Took that long? I had a bad tummy immediately following the Detroit game
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Did anyone see that ankle injury Mike Miller got?

Awful

Shame its not getting the coverage it deserves.
    Wut
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The Celtics also have first round picks from the Nets in 2014 (some protections), 2016(unprotected), 2018(unprotected), and the right to swap picks in 2017. That Garnett/Pierce trade is going to become an absolute steal for the Celtics. That is just a ton of draft picks. I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge uses at least one of them in a trade to bring in a proven vet.

But yes, the Celtics have very bright future. They have an absolute basketball wizard of a head coach, some solid young talent, and and insane amount of draft picks coming their way. If Rondo can return to form, then they should be in fine shape. My prediction is that Rondo and Stevens will workout great together, which will once again prove that the "Rondo is a selfish team wrecker" stuff is a bunch of unsubstantiated BS.

I'd be pretty excited if I were a Celtics fan.
    I always thought Rondo would be a perfect fit for Stevens. I never thought it would be something that would ever happen obviously, but I bet Stevens felt the same way. Boston already has a damn good backcourt with Rondo, Bradley, and Crawford, and they've got so many draft picks that they could easily trade up this year and grab a solid 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The section I saw on ESPN was all about LeBron and trying to prove how minor tonight's game is and that it's only important to Indiana - Miami doesn't care until the playoffs. I gather I missed the interview that somehow gives props to the Pacers.

On DD (Greg Rakestraw) on 1070 he was all about the Pacers.

Before noon tends to be about the Colts because it is after all Joe Staysniak.
    It would be helpful if Lance hadn't declared last weeks game against Miami a Championship Game.
    @qandrews9428

Banned

It looks like the deal is Lee+Bass+pick for Asik, Boston starting unit is going to be Rondo,Crawford,Green,Sullinger and Asik? no that bad for a rebuilding team.

Sports Logo

It looks like the deal is Lee+Bass+pick for Asik, Boston starting unit is going to be Rondo,Crawford,Green,Sullinger and Asik? no that bad for a rebuilding team.
    That deal kind of sucks for the Rockets. They get back quality Players and a Pick...but their roster is already full of the same type of Players. Bass is the only one that makes any type of sense. I'd assume that they'd want to keep some financial flexibility. Maybe they got too greedy.....I'd think an Expiring + 1st round pick is good enough
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    That deal kind of sucks for the Rockets. I'd assume that they'd want to keep some financial flexibility. Maybe they got too greedy.....I'd think an Expiring + 1st round pick is good enough :shurg:
    I agree that package is garbage.

@KBergCBS: If Houston's goal is to repackage Bass and/or Lee in future trade before deadline, not very viable. "No one wants them," one exec said.

Sports Logo

I agree that package is garbage.

@KBergCBS: If Houston's goal is to repackage Bass and/or Lee in future trade before deadline, not very viable. "No one wants them," one exec said.
    It's cuz their contract sucks. Both are owed a total of $12+ mil in 2014-2015. Bass makes sense to some extent....he has a decent mid-range game and is a decent Rotational ( not Starting ) PF.....but nothing to write home about. As for Courtney Lee.....decent scorer...but the Rockets have similar Players on the roster.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

So Lin and Asik are not playing today, probably Lin is going to Boston too.

Sports Logo

So Lin and Asik are not playing today, probably Lin is going to Boston too.
    Financially, that makes way more sense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jennings with his best game of the season tonight. 28/14. He dominated a very good defender in Avery Bradley.

Pistons are 6-1 over their last 7 road games. That's always a sign of encouragement.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bargnani almost singlehandedly cost the Knicks a game, by shooting a three pointer up two, shot clock off and had to be fouled...

Knicks Bench

"It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Bargnani almost singlehandedly cost the Knicks a game, by shooting a three pointer up two, shot clock off and had to be fouled...

Knicks Bench

LOLKnicks
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hilarious that they traded a 2016 first rounder for Bargnani. That is going to look like the dumbest move ever when that draft rolls around. Is there a single other franchise in the league that would have traded a first rounder years down the road for freaking Andrea Bargnani? It's one thing when you do what the Pacers did by trading the next year's first rounder for a guy like Scola. The Pacers could obviously be fairly confident that it would be a pick near the end of the draft. But trading a 2016 first rounder for a guy like Bargnani? Who knows what could happen in between now and then? That's just such a Knick trade.

The Knicks organization treats draft picks as if using them gives one leprosy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Pistons are 6-1 over their last 7 road games. That's always a sign of encouragement.
    Well, yeah, for you
    BillS

Banned

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 6m
    Paul George becomes 1st Pacers player to be in the top 15 of NBA jersey sales since Jermaine O'Neal (Dec 2005)

Let's not be condescending; especially jumping from one thread to another with it