Page 88 of 248 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #2176
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    If only the Suns had fallen in love with Solomon Hill instead of Plumlee lol. He might've had a chance to play with Ian's struggles lately.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  2. #2177
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Houston and GS don't play defense worth a damn.
    Maybe it's the tempo of the game that Houston is dictating or ( more than likely ) the loss of Iggy....but the Warriors ( up until 2-3 weeks ago ) were a top 5 defensive Team in FG% and 3pt FG% as well. Mark Jackson really tries to push the Team to defend. That's what keeps them in games at time.....their solid defense and ability to score ( mainly from Curry being near automatic at times ) in the 4th QTR makes a huge difference.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  3. #2178
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that is not all his fault sure he is not a good defender but nobody on that starting unit is a good defender, maybe Pek?
    Rubio is a good defender and Pekovic is decent but that's mostly it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  5. #2179
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Oh, and I'm extremely proud about Miles
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #2180
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was it Cousins that he ripped the rebound away from late in the game? That impressed me, Miles is a lot tougher than he looks. With the Pacers he always showed the athleticism but I wasn't sure he had the desire and edge necessary to mix it up inside. It looks like he has it now.
    I agree completely he has always been really soft. He is not playing soft anymore. He did rip it from cous. he was in Cous head all night.


    Rubio is a terrific defender imo.

  7. #2181
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,280

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, and I'm extremely proud about Miles
    Really? I couldn't tell my friend. I couldn't tell.

    Seriously, well done to him.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  9. #2182
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Did anybody see Mike Dunleavy's game winning 3 pointer off the glass against the Bucks last night, surprised no one commented on it , or maybe I didn't look hard enough.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

  10. #2183
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,403

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anybody see Mike Dunleavy's game winning 3 pointer off the glass against the Bucks last night, surprised no one commented on it , or maybe I didn't look hard enough.
    Mike Dunleavy is persona non grata around these parts. That, or the fact that it was a Bucks-Bulls game.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  12. #2184
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,833

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I'm soooooooo glad that Westbrook came back from this injury and is playing at an elite level. The Thunder's pitiful exit from the playoffs last year showed the world that 0 is basically as important to that team as Durant. I remember when some talking heads used to say that Westbrook got in the way of Durant and took too many shots. Well how did it go when Westbrook got hurt?

    Also, the Thunder have an excellent backup pg in Mr. October. That guy is very very good and was destroying the Pacers last weekend. Scary to think that the Thunder have a Westbrook/Mr. October pg rotation.

    I think that the Thunder will be back in The Finals. I don't buy that the Spurs can beat the Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are healthy. The Thunder are simply too much and will wear those old legs down. In 2012, the Spurs were up 2-0, but then the Thunder ripped off 4 straight wins against them. Honestly, the 2013 Spurs had the easiest road to the Finals of any Western team in a long long long time: A Kobe-less Laker team, a playoff virgin Warrior team, and a Grizzlies team that wasn't exactly the 2011 Mavs or 2010 Lakers.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  14. #2185
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Im rooting for OKC to come out of the west this year. They're far better than they greet credit for.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. #2186
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,258

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im rooting for OKC to come out of the west this year. They're far better than they greet credit for.

    I think they are probably the best team in the league.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  16. #2187
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I think right now Indiana is still the best team in the league, but OKC has the highest playoff ceiling. Their A game beats anyone else's, Miami included.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. #2188
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Actually, as things stand right now...OKC would probably beat Indy in a 7 game series...while Miami would likely beat OKC in a 7 game series...while Indy would likely beat Miami in a 7 game series...kinda funny how things work out...but matchups are matchups....

  18. #2189
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    OKC scares me as a Finals matchup, definitely.

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  20. #2190

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OKC scares me as a Finals matchup, definitely.
    Much depends on Danny's availability. They will be much less a threat if they cannot hid Durant on defense.

  21. #2191

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I'm looking forward to OKC being vindicated on the Harden trade.

  22. #2192
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much depends on Danny's availability. They will be much less a threat if they cannot hid Durant on defense.
    I disagree, lance just needs to be more aggressive

  23. #2193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    As long as OKC has Brooks as their coach I don't think they win anything, he is going to play the crap out of Perkins for not reason.

  24. #2194
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm soooooooo glad that Westbrook came back from this injury and is playing at an elite level. The Thunder's pitiful exit from the playoffs last year showed the world that 0 is basically as important to that team as Durant. I remember when some talking heads used to say that Westbrook got in the way of Durant and took too many shots. Well how did it go when Westbrook got hurt?

    Also, the Thunder have an excellent backup pg in Mr. October. That guy is very very good and was destroying the Pacers last weekend. Scary to think that the Thunder have a Westbrook/Mr. October pg rotation.

    I think that the Thunder will be back in The Finals. I don't buy that the Spurs can beat the Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are healthy. The Thunder are simply too much and will wear those old legs down. In 2012, the Spurs were up 2-0, but then the Thunder ripped off 4 straight wins against them. Honestly, the 2013 Spurs had the easiest road to the Finals of any Western team in a long long long time: A Kobe-less Laker team, a playoff virgin Warrior team, and a Grizzlies team that wasn't exactly the 2011 Mavs or 2010 Lakers.
    I agree with this on both accounts. Everyone knows how I feel about Reggie. I wanted him bad in that draft. His defense is elite elite. He is a terrific pg and great at SG as well. I always laughed at people who thought Westbrook was bad or took too many shots. That notion has always been laugh able. I have always loved him like I have always said. He can be my pg any day of the week.

  25. #2195

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as OKC has Brooks as their coach I don't think they win anything, he is going to play the crap out of Perkins for not reason.
    This OKC team might be too good for a coach to sabotage. Brooks should have been fired last year though.

  26. #2196
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone think that Kevin Love is overrated? He fills up the stat sheet, the media gushes over him, but his team is never winning. Has never played as much as one second in the playoffs. I understand that he plays out west, but how long is this going to be an excuse? Tonight vs SA, he went off for 42 points in a loss
    Not at all. This season has been the best roster he's ever been on (in what might be the most competitive Western Conference ever). Basketball is a team sport... just like one guy can't win every game on his own, one guy can't lose every game on his own. Love's game definitely has its flaws (defensively he gets killed everywhere except in the post, where he's a pretty decent) but right now he is easily​ a top-10 player. No question.

  27. #2197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This OKC team might be too good for a coach to sabotage. Brooks should have been fired last year though.
    He should have been fire the year they lost the finals, he made so many stupid mistakes that cost them a chance for a championship.

    Of course Harden sucking didnt help either.

  28. #2198
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm looking forward to OKC being vindicated on the Harden trade.
    I'd like that too because I think Harden is a bit overrated, but they did pretty much get junk in return for him. I think honestly if they had waited until the all-star break or at least for more offers, they could've gotten more. I think they could have had a chance at PG honestly, but maybe Harden didn't want to go to Indy. Thank God that never happened.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  29. #2199
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    We may wish we had kept Plumlee over Scola. Miles is a decade younger and is showing he can play at a high level for a winning team.

  30. #2200
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    OKC is the best team in the league right now but in the playoffs when defenses tighten you have to be more creative and sophisticated on offense to win games. Brooks is not a good Xs and Os coach and we saw the Thunder struggle offensively two years ago in the Finals and especially last year against Memphis. Westbrook's absence obviously hurt but Durant's play plummeted when he tried to carry the load.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •