Page 88 of 248 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

If only the Suns had fallen in love with Solomon Hill instead of Plumlee lol. He might've had a chance to play with Ian's struggles lately.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Houston and GS don't play defense worth a damn.
    Maybe it's the tempo of the game that Houston is dictating or ( more than likely ) the loss of Iggy....but the Warriors ( up until 2-3 weeks ago ) were a top 5 defensive Team in FG% and 3pt FG% as well. Mark Jackson really tries to push the Team to defend. That's what keeps them in games at time.....their solid defense and ability to score ( mainly from Curry being near automatic at times ) in the 4th QTR makes a huge difference.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

I guess what I'm trying to say is that is not all his fault sure he is not a good defender but nobody on that starting unit is a good defender, maybe Pek?
    Rubio is a good defender and Pekovic is decent but that's mostly it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Oh, and I'm extremely proud about Miles
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Was it Cousins that he ripped the rebound away from late in the game? That impressed me, Miles is a lot tougher than he looks. With the Pacers he always showed the athleticism but I wasn't sure he had the desire and edge necessary to mix it up inside. It looks like he has it now.
    I agree completely he has always been really soft. He is not playing soft anymore. He did rip it from cous. he was in Cous head all night.

Rubio is a terrific defender imo.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Oh, and I'm extremely proud about Miles
    Really? I couldn't tell my friend. I couldn't tell.

Seriously, well done to him.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did anybody see Mike Dunleavy's game winning 3 pointer off the glass against the Bucks last night, surprised no one commented on it , or maybe I didn't look hard enough.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    Did anybody see Mike Dunleavy's game winning 3 pointer off the glass against the Bucks last night, surprised no one commented on it , or maybe I didn't look hard enough.
    Mike Dunleavy is persona non grata around these parts. That, or the fact that it was a Bucks-Bulls game.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm soooooooo glad that Westbrook came back from this injury and is playing at an elite level. The Thunder's pitiful exit from the playoffs last year showed the world that 0 is basically as important to that team as Durant. I remember when some talking heads used to say that Westbrook got in the way of Durant and took too many shots. Well how did it go when Westbrook got hurt?

Also, the Thunder have an excellent backup pg in Mr. October. That guy is very very good and was destroying the Pacers last weekend. Scary to think that the Thunder have a Westbrook/Mr. October pg rotation.

I think that the Thunder will be back in The Finals. I don't buy that the Spurs can beat the Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are healthy. The Thunder are simply too much and will wear those old legs down. In 2012, the Spurs were up 2-0, but then the Thunder ripped off 4 straight wins against them. Honestly, the 2013 Spurs had the easiest road to the Finals of any Western team in a long long long time: A Kobe-less Laker team, a playoff virgin Warrior team, and a Grizzlies team that wasn't exactly the 2011 Mavs or 2010 Lakers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Im rooting for OKC to come out of the west this year. They're far better than they greet credit for.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Im rooting for OKC to come out of the west this year. They're far better than they greet credit for.

I think they are probably the best team in the league.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I think right now Indiana is still the best team in the league, but OKC has the highest playoff ceiling. Their A game beats anyone else's, Miami included.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually, as things stand right now...OKC would probably beat Indy in a 7 game series...while Miami would likely beat OKC in a 7 game series...while Indy would likely beat Miami in a 7 game series...kinda funny how things work out...but matchups are matchups....

OKC scares me as a Finals matchup, definitely.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    OKC scares me as a Finals matchup, definitely.
    Much depends on Danny's availability. They will be much less a threat if they cannot hid Durant on defense.

I'm looking forward to OKC being vindicated on the Harden trade.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Much depends on Danny's availability. They will be much less a threat if they cannot hid Durant on defense.
    I disagree, lance just needs to be more aggressive

Banned

As long as OKC has Brooks as their coach I don't think they win anything, he is going to play the crap out of Perkins for not reason.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm soooooooo glad that Westbrook came back from this injury and is playing at an elite level. The Thunder's pitiful exit from the playoffs last year showed the world that 0 is basically as important to that team as Durant. I remember when some talking heads used to say that Westbrook got in the way of Durant and took too many shots. Well how did it go when Westbrook got hurt?

Also, the Thunder have an excellent backup pg in Mr. October. That guy is very very good and was destroying the Pacers last weekend. Scary to think that the Thunder have a Westbrook/Mr. October pg rotation.

I think that the Thunder will be back in The Finals. I don't buy that the Spurs can beat the Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are healthy. The Thunder are simply too much and will wear those old legs down. In 2012, the Spurs were up 2-0, but then the Thunder ripped off 4 straight wins against them. Honestly, the 2013 Spurs had the easiest road to the Finals of any Western team in a long long long time: A Kobe-less Laker team, a playoff virgin Warrior team, and a Grizzlies team that wasn't exactly the 2011 Mavs or 2010 Lakers.
    I agree with this on both accounts. Everyone knows how I feel about Reggie. I wanted him bad in that draft. His defense is elite elite. He is a terrific pg and great at SG as well. I always laughed at people who thought Westbrook was bad or took too many shots. That notion has always been laugh able. I have always loved him like I have always said. He can be my pg any day of the week.

As long as OKC has Brooks as their coach I don't think they win anything, he is going to play the crap out of Perkins for not reason.
    This OKC team might be too good for a coach to sabotage. Brooks should have been fired last year though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Does anyone think that Kevin Love is overrated? He fills up the stat sheet, the media gushes over him, but his team is never winning. Has never played as much as one second in the playoffs. I understand that he plays out west, but how long is this going to be an excuse? Tonight vs SA, he went off for 42 points in a loss
    Not at all. This season has been the best roster he's ever been on (in what might be the most competitive Western Conference ever). Basketball is a team sport... just like one guy can't win every game on his own, one guy can't lose every game on his own. Love's game definitely has its flaws (defensively he gets killed everywhere except in the post, where he's a pretty decent) but right now he is easily​ a top-10 player. No question.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This OKC team might be too good for a coach to sabotage. Brooks should have been fired last year though.
    He should have been fire the year they lost the finals, he made so many stupid mistakes that cost them a chance for a championship.

Of course Harden sucking didnt help either.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I'm looking forward to OKC being vindicated on the Harden trade.
    I'd like that too because I think Harden is a bit overrated, but they did pretty much get junk in return for him. I think honestly if they had waited until the all-star break or at least for more offers, they could've gotten more. I think they could have had a chance at PG honestly, but maybe Harden didn't want to go to Indy. Thank God that never happened.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

We may wish we had kept Plumlee over Scola. Miles is a decade younger and is showing he can play at a high level for a winning team.

OKC is the best team in the league right now but in the playoffs when defenses tighten you have to be more creative and sophisticated on offense to win games. Brooks is not a good Xs and Os coach and we saw the Thunder struggle offensively two years ago in the Finals and especially last year against Memphis. Westbrook's absence obviously hurt but Durant's play plummeted when he tried to carry the load.