Page 80 of 248 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Huh. All five Lakers starters scored in single digits. All five Lakers reserves that played scored in double digits. That seems odd.

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, we got clobbered today. The corpses of rashard Lewis, roger mason and Ray Allen murdered us.

Still, not a bad week. But we aren't a good team yet.

The good news is, Brandon Jennings has found a nice comfort zone within the offense and he's taking good shots.
    I had $20 on the Pistons to cover....but lost

Was it LeDecision being LeDecision?

I was really thinking that the bruising Frontcourt of the Pistons were going to manhandle the Heat. What happened?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I had $20 on the Pistons to cover....but lost

Was it LeDecision being LeDecision?

I was really thinking that the bruising Frontcourt of the Pistons were going to manhandle the Heat. What happened?
    They did manhandle the heat. 16-5 on the offensive glass, and 56-40 in the paint.

Our problem was they shot lights out from 3, and most of them were in transition. They were jacking threes on 2 on 1 fast breaks all night. Tough to beat anyone that lives on those.

And yeah, LeBron was brilliant, but he wasn't the guy draining 3 after 3 on us.

They trapped us a lot harder in the post as well, monroe specifically, but we got good perimeter looks off of that.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-09-2013 at 07:54 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

But we aren't a good team yet.
    Don't know how it will take but you will be I think. Too good a frontline(if it remains intact).

Somehow I think Nick Young visualized this drive working out a little differently

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/2BFE7...NFEdBU9FYypHPj
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

^still a pretty cool move.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Kobe played as I expected him too after coming back from an Achilles tear.. rusty.

The Pacers though... bad day in Indy Sports yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Don't know how it will take but you will be I think. Too good a frontline(if it remains intact).
    I think so, too. They're definitely improving. Just not there yet.

They have a great opportunity to get several games above .500 by 2014.

19-14 is my new goal for them. If they can get to 19 or better by January, I'll believe they turned the corner.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-09-2013 at 04:10 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Banned

@ChrisMannixSI: Raptors have waived point guard D.J. Augustin, team announces

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That sucks right before Xmas.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Remember DJ turning down I think a 3 year extension for like 12 mil just to get outta Charlotte. Take as much money as you can, when you can.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

@ESPNNBA: Deron Williams, Paul Pierce hope to return for the Nets Tuesday night against the Celtics: http://t.co/0lDErv4RX2

This part is unnecessary and unwanted

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @ESPNNBA: Deron Williams, Paul Pierce hope to return for the Nets Tuesday night against the Celtics: http://t.co/0lDErv4RX2

Yep more players to the list.
    Who play for teams that do NOT have the luxury that the Pacers do in that they can not afford to take all the time they want in getting their guys back into the lineup...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

They did manhandle the heat. 16-5 on the offensive glass, and 56-40 in the paint.

Our problem was they shot lights out from 3, and most of them were in transition. They were jacking threes on 2 on 1 fast breaks all night. Tough to beat anyone that lives on those.

And yeah, LeBron was brilliant, but he wasn't the guy draining 3 after 3 on us.

They trapped us a lot harder in the post as well, monroe specifically, but we got good perimeter looks off of that.
    I suspect that the heat will be doing the same to the Pacers tomorrow. I just hope that they don't shoot lights out against us like the Thunder did. That seems to be the only way that a team will be able to beat us....shoot well above their average FG shooting percentage

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Who play for teams that do NOT have the luxury that the Pacers do in that they can not afford to take all the time they want in getting their guys back into the lineup...
    Sure.

Sports Logo

Seriously, if you are on Twitter and do not follow Candace Buckner....you are missing out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Seriously, if you are on Twitter and do not follow Candace Buckner....you are missing out.
    She really is great. A complete breath of fresh air.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Yep more players to the list.
    If by 'the list' you mean players who came back before Danny, then this can stop right now. You don't need to be throwing that distraction in while discussing the comings and goings of the league. Let's just focus on the topic at hand without the sideshow.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Dear lord Ben Gordon that was

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    If by 'the list' you mean players who came back before Danny, then this can stop right now. You don't need to be throwing that distraction in while discussing the comings and goings of the league. Let's just focus on the topic at hand without the sideshow.
    Not a sideshow or distraction I'm just pointing things out I don't really see the big deal.

Unless there is a new PD rule that we are not supposed to talk about certain players that I don't know about.

Not a sideshow or distraction I'm just pointing things out I don't really see the big deal.

Unless there is a new PD rule that we are not supposed to talk about certain players that I don't know about.
    It's an unnecessary shot at Danny's health when the on topic point would be to simply relay the news of the health of those other players. If you don't get that, I don't know what else to tell you other than to keep in mind that this is the view we will be taking with this kind of post, and in the future it will lead to infractions if it continues. Now you know. Let's get back on topic.

I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm believing that's not a shot at Danny, and even if it isn't, this thread is about what's going on in the league, not about keeping a running tally of players who are back sooner than Danny Granger. I've made my position clear, and I've tried to explain it, and we are not going to keep going in circles talking about it, either. For the last time, please get back on topic or otherwise say nothing. If that request is going to keep being ignored, then I'll just move on to giving an infraction if it happens again; enough is enough.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Furthermore, threads are no longer going to derail into 'let's talk about vnzla81', so if we see posts like that, they will simply be deleted too, and if people keep it up they will also see infractions. We're all tired of both sides on this kind of thing.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be glad when kobe retires. Tired of him, tired of the lakers and tired of kobespn.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I'll be glad when kobe retires. Tired of him, tired of the lakers and tired of kobespn.
    It will definitely be interesting to see how or if the Lakers can become mighty again once he's gone. If the people who were running things in the first decade of the 2000's were still around I'd be much more concerned, but this group? They seem decidedly mediocre in comparison, so if they don't get very lucky then I wouldn't be surprised if this is a dark decade for that franchise. They're way, way overdue for some down times, so it won't hurt my feelings any if they're bad or just so-so for years to come.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: