Page 77 of 248 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #1901
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Anyone else see that Kidd and Frank are lawyering up? Someone was reporting it on twitter last night, what a disaster.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #1902
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,584

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I wonder if Lebron will ever get the credit he deserves for their past two titles. When you really take a second and look at that roster it is nausea inducing. Like if you swapped Lebron for Paul wtih that roster, I don't know that they even get over 45 wins, and I like Paul a lot, but Lebron just may be that good.
    Wade was still pretty good on that 2011-12 team that won the first ring, but yeah, last year's team really wasn't that special when you consider that Wade was such a shell of his old self in the playoffs. That team was all Lebron both years, but especially last year.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  5. #1903
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Can the East playoffs just be between Pacers and Miami? The East is just not good besides those two
    "We want Miami"

  6. #1904
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    ESPN says Heat looking to trade for backcourt help.

    (They've even made Joel Anthony available!)

  7. #1905
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,105
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN says Heat looking to trade for backcourt help.

    (They've even made Joel Anthony available!)
    Could see something like: Joel Anthony + James Jones for Courtney Lee from Boston. Gives Boston better cap relief the next year or two.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  8. #1906

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the NBATV real training camp on the Nets and Frank did all the coaching. Kidd hardly said anything for 2 hours. And if you watched some of their early season games, Kidd was sitting on the bench and Frank was up doing the coaching.
    Wait, if Frank was doing all the coaching does that mean he is to blame for their poor play?

    I saw a quote from a former teammate of Kidd a week or two ago. It wasn't related to Kidd as a coach, it was about the leadership of the former team. It was probably a Knicks player talking about last years team. Anyway he was talking about the locker room and said Kidd wasn't a vocal leader he was a lead by example type. I scratched my head and wondered how that would make Kidd an effective coach. Oh here it is, it was a quote from Melo.

    “That makeup of the team was different [last year],’’ said Anthony, who lost another homecoming game in Denver. “With J-Kidd, he was a leader in his own right. He wasn’t a vocal leader like a Rasheed [Wallace] or Kurt Thomas. He was leader by example on the court. His hard work, his play, everyone fed off that. And everyone led in their own way. Now we do miss that — J-Kidd, Kurt, Kurt and Rasheed. Last year as a team we were more synchronized than right now due to chemistry, due to having fun, due to just having one another’s back.’
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...of-old-roster/

  9. #1907
    immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wilderness Fortress, Sahara Desert
    Posts
    799
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Pacers getting so much love from Jalen and Bill. They seem to be talking about them for 25% of the clip.


  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:


  11. #1908
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the NBATV real training camp on the Nets and Frank did all the coaching. Kidd hardly said anything for 2 hours. And if you watched some of their early season games, Kidd was sitting on the bench and Frank was up doing the coaching.
    So clearly Frank was the problem, and Kidd did the right thing.

  12. #1909

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers getting so much love from Jalen and Bill. They seem to be talking about them for 25% of the clip.
    Watched all the parts, and my favorite part is when Jalen goes "WOAH" when Bill Simmons says Durant has a slight edge over PG, just because we know, if Durant was on Pacers, well the team would just be even scarier. PG is almost there though, definitely exciting, a #10 pick being this good.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  14. #1910

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown


  15. #1911
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just bursitis, it's why he wears the padded sleeve. No big deal.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  17. #1912
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Almost forgot about Otto Porter good to see him on the floor. Don't ask why I am watching the Wiz vs the Bucks I have issues.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  19. #1913

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1914--nba.html

    FOX Sports Indiana will pay the online fees to any home ticket bought for 2013-14 Pacer games from now until the end of the calendar year. This news was brought to us by Tom Lewis at Indy Cornrows, and explained to us by the Pacers’ official site:

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  21. #1914
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    SMOTHERED CHICKEN!! Victor just meet Melo at the summit. Kid is on fire here early on both ends.

  22. #1915
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    So Kobe is playing Sunday?

  23. #1916
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Kobe is playing Sunday?
    That's the story. I anxiously await seeing him play with Nick Young.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  25. #1917
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I surprised John Wall doesn't get more criticism. The guy is is the laziest defender. It is sad because he has all the tools to be lockdown and at times is, but he always has his hand down and looks disengaged.

  26. #1918
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,387

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Almost forgot about Otto Porter good to see him on the floor. Don't ask why I am watching the Wiz vs the Bucks I have issues.
    I'm just tuning in to see Porter's debut. 0-3 so far.

    Also, John Henson is a monster.

  27. #1919
    Member IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown



    LOL
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West


    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:


  29. #1920

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their "system" involves basic concepts is what Kstat is trying to convey. They spread the floor with shooters (1-5) who sit in their designated spots as Lebron or Wade drive the ball to the hoop. If they're double teamed, they kick it to the shooter.
    Nobody is saying that the basic concepts of the system itself are revolutionary. The "evolution" in the article was about the Heat's personal evolution from a traditional ISO ball offense to a system that embraced threes and ball movement. KStat framed it as the author saying the Heat had an evolved offense from every other team in the NBA, which isn't what the article was about.

    In a general sense, I also think it's fair to say the Heat's offense is part of a broader offensive evolution in the NBA.

    I agree with Kstat though, had Lebron been this good in CLE he definitely would have won a ring or two as well.
    This is what I disagree with. LeBron probably would have won a title or two in Cleveland just because he's so talented and such a hard worker, but I don't think he would have become this good.

    The Cavs complained that LeBron didn't post up enough, while at the same time clogging up the lane with players like Ilgauskas and Shaq. They told him to improve his shooting but didn't run any sets to get him open for set jumpers. This is the difference between the two organizations: The Cavs told LeBron what to do to improve. The Heat put him in a position to improve.

  30. #1921

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wade was still pretty good on that 2011-12 team that won the first ring, but yeah, last year's team really wasn't that special when you consider that Wade was such a shell of his old self in the playoffs. That team was all Lebron both years, but especially last year.

    Yea, people forget that when talking about Lebron.


    At the end of the day, Wade had to go all MVP in order for the Heat to beat the Pacers. Not that Lebron wasn't fantastic, but they needed Wade's help.

  31. #1922

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Celtics over Nuggets. 4 in a row for the East in interconference games.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  32. #1923

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Wade wasn't great in the first few games of the finals last year but "a shell of his old self" is just untrue.

    Game 4: 32-6-4 and 6 steals
    Game 5: 25-4-10
    Game 6: 14-4-4
    Game 7: 23-10-1

    Those are pretty fantastic numbers. I wish the Pacers had a couple more guys as washed up as Wade.

    And as for the rest of the team not being special: Chris Bosh was their third best player, they had the best three pointer in NBA history and a collection of perfect role players. I know LeBron is awesome but let's not go overboard here, he didn't do it all by himself.

  33. #1924

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Is this PG's girl? This is the chick Kobe cheated on with his wife Hahahaha. He really is trying to mirror Kobe.







    He's splitting the double team and finishing strong with this one. Oooooooooooof.


    By me ^^

  34. #1925
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I'm sort of a St. Louis Cardinals fans, a lot of the previous generation of my family is so I grew up in it, but I'm not really all that invested. So I don't really pay a ton of attention to baseball.

    But someone has to explain to me how there's so much money in it. Kobe's gonna make ~25 mil the next 2 years. Melo'll get a new max deal that starts around 23 mil. People think THAT is nuts. Freakin Robbie Cano just got 10/$250 mil, Pujols got the same, ARod's gotten TWO QUARTER BILLION DOLLAR CONTRACTS. Then you've got random bullpen arms like Edward Mujica getting NBA MLE money, guys like friggin Jacoby Ellsbury, who's good but c'mon, getting 20+ a year. Seriously, where does this money come from? Baseball contracts are freaking insane.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •