Page 71 of 236 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 5898

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by sopgy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is more surprising from the game?:

Jermaine O'Neal with a +30 plus-minus

Hansbrough with 3 assists
    JONeal was actually one of the main reasons why the Warriors were able to piece it together and put up an effective Stop in the 4th QTR. Bogut wasn't doing that good.

As for Hansbrough getting 3 assists....he didn't really score that much.....his job out there is to hustle and board and scrap for putbacks. BTW...I have no idea what Dwayne Casey is trying to do. He chooses....YES....HE CHOOSES.....to play Hansbrough over Amir OR JonasV ( which ever one is doing better ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    BTW...I have no idea what Dwayne Casey is trying to do. He chooses....YES....HE CHOOSES.....to play Hansbrough over Amir OR JonasV ( which ever one is doing better ).
    Obvious tanking is obvious.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    What a train wreck. They deserve to fail.

Who signs an assistant coach to a 6 year deal?

Brooklyn's situation is pure comedy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Vic had a triple dub tonight. Watching the game now. Aaron Afflao should get some all-star buzz. It sucks he plays for the Magic and he wont get any votes.

I bet he nets the Magic a ton if they trade him at the break. If I am a team that is one piece away I would go all in to get him. That Dwight Howard trade keeps looking better.
    Due to our finances, his contract, and how much more consistent he should be, a part of me wonders if we would want to base a deal around Lance for Afflalo. He'd fit in so well with this team; knocking down shots, playing D, knows how to play to win, and ORL adds another big talent. Risky, but that goes both ways and could pay off for both teams.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Does the FO decides to re-assign Assistants?

or

Is that solely up to the Head Coach?

Just throwing it out there.....but anyone else thinks that Kidd "reassigned" Frank cuz he was concerned that he could be in the "hot seat" and the only Assistant that could potentially replace him is Frank himself?
    Good question.

Kidd re-assigned him, from what it sounds like. This is going back to the very beginning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jason-k...013231698.html
    After Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd blistered top assistant Lawrence Frank in a staff meeting on Nov. 4, the partnership was irreparably damaged and ultimately spiraled to its end on Tuesday, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Hours after a blowout loss to the Orlando Magic Kidd's first game on the bench following a two-game suspension to start the season the entire coaching staff witnessed Kidd lose his temper with Frank and escalate a strangely uneasy and brief coaching partnership together.

There had been conversations about moving forward together in recent weeks, league sources said, but the decision to let go of Frank was Kidd's choice.
    Last edited by Since86; 12-04-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

"Race to win the draft lottery: Bucks 19.9%, Cavs 13.6%, Jazz 13%, 76ers 12.3% and then HAWKS 11.1%, thanks to ability to swap with Nets."

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=TrueHoop

Hawks could get out of mediocrity if they land up in the lottery.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Due to our finances, his contract, and how much more consistent he should be, a part of me wonders if we would want to base a deal around Lance for Afflalo. He'd fit in so well with this team; knocking down shots, playing D, knows how to play to win, and ORL adds another big talent. Risky, but that goes both ways and could pay off for both teams.
    I thought about that as well, though I don't think that's the type of move you make now unless Lance really starts fading for a bit. The financial part really is a good question though to ask.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    "Race to win the draft lottery: Bucks 19.9%, Cavs 13.6%, Jazz 13%, 76ers 12.3% and then HAWKS 11.1%, thanks to ability to swap with Nets."

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=TrueHoop

Hawks could get out of mediocrity if they land up in the lottery.
    I like the Hollinger odds tweet better

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Really stacks things in the Pacers favor I guess lol.

It's really pretty unbelievable to think 41-41 can get you a homecourt spot in the east lol. Our "worst case scenario" is tied with Chicago's 3rd place projected W/L.
    Last edited by Cactus Jax; 12-04-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Milwaukee landing the #1 pick would be intriguing. A Paul George vs. Andrew Wiggins rivalry for the next decade*?

*or until Wiggins bolts Milwaukee for a bigger market.

streets ahead

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Obvious tanking is obvious.
    Thanks to the ineptitude of the Entire Eastern Conference and Atlantic division ( Thanks Kidd and Woodson ), as hard as they try....they may not be able to tank...even if they wanted to.

BTW....I'd think that the Raptors should tank.......going after Wiggins ( a Canadian born prospect ) would be the smart thing to do.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I like the Hollinger odds tweet better

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Really stacks things in the Pacers favor I guess lol.

It's really pretty unbelievable to think 41-41 can get you a homecourt spot in the east lol. Our "worst case scenario" is tied with Chicago's 3rd place projected W/L.
    Someone should take a screenshot of this and preserve it for prosperity. We will never see ESPN giving the Pacers a 31% chance of winning the Championship in our lifetime.

Sports Logo

This coming from the guy that was suggesting to "sell high" on PG24?

Wait...was that you or Peck?

From a financial and "Sell High / Low Risk / Medium Reward" POV.....it would work...but Afflalo has a Player Option in 2015-2016 and he's earning $7.5 mil. I'd only consider it if the Magic or some other Team ( through a 3 way trade ) was offering Lance WAY MORE than $7.5 mil a year in a contract ( I'm talking about some $8-9 mil a year offer....which would put the Pacers over the LT ) and Bird doesn't think he's worth that much.

NOTE - I know that some may scoff at Lance getting some $8 to 9 mil offer....but if some Team REALLY wanted him...knowing that the Pacers CAN offer him something within the range of $7.5 mil...I can see some Team OVERPAYING him to win his services. Heck, even structuring the offer in such a way that would make it difficult for the Pacers to match without going over the LT for the 1st 2 years of his contract.

But if Lance could get $7.5 mil on the Open Market....which I think is on the middle-tier of how much he'd get.....then why trade for Afflalo when you can get Lance for the same price?
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-04-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This coming from the guy that was suggesting to "sell high" on PG24?

Wait...was that you or Peck?
    I believe Peck was the one who famously said PG's trade value was never higher.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I believe Peck was the one who famously said PG's trade value was never higher.
    Well.....then...nevermind.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post

I think it would be interesting if the NBA decided to incorporate an NFL or MLB style standings, where there's a west, central, and east for both conferences. It would never pass but be interesting nonetheless.

How is Jason Child going to ever succeed as a head coach with the Nuts if he can't listen to someone in Lawrence Frank who has way more experience as a coach?

You sign the guy for six years as an assistant and then ice the cat after one month? That organization is just a dumpster fire right now. It's pretty funny.

But if Lance could get $7.5 mil on the Open Market....which I think is on the middle-tier of how much he'd get.....then why trade for Afflalo when you can get Lance for the same price?
    With the new CBA teams are less reluctant to do that now, unless the player has proven their worth. I expect Lance to get a contract between 5-6.5 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Is it too late to join the Eastern Conference? Asking for a friend.

— Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) December 4, 2013
    @trailblazers We asked you to keep that on the down low. That eager to get rid of us already?
    — Phoenix Suns (@Suns) December 4, 2013

Thank U 4covering 4us @Suns-many folks think we R East of Miss River&would assume us MT @Suns @trailblazers We asked U 2keep on down low
    — Daryl Morey (@dmorey) December 4, 2013

Call me crazy, but had he not retired I think JOB would be a very good fit to replace Woodson as coach of the Knicks this year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Has anyone ever visited a Miami LeHeat fan message board. Here is something you may not know.

1) Spoiled bunch of pompous babies. Claim their fanbase is superior to ours yet fans leave games when LeHeat are up 20 with 6 minutes to go in a game. They did not even sell out lebrons home opener in Mia. Yet say Pacer fans are not loyal. I cant defend the years after the brawl and Reggie retiring except in that we know Indiana is a hotbed for hoops (college and HS).

2) They cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry some more over officiating. The typical LeHeat fan believes the officiating was significantly favoring the Pacers in the ECF.

You all, I hate the LeHeat as much as the next pacer fan, but after visiting a leHeat message board, omg, they are complete ******. They should start handing out tampons at home games there just from all the crying they do. It truly sickens me how spoilded that fanbase is.

3) Oh, and now that ESPN is covering the Pacers the leHeat fans are simply pi$$d about it. apparently Miami Heat fans feel like their team is not on ESPN eunff and that the BnG is receiving too much press coverage.

I really hope to see Bird, Vogel, and Team beat them down. I cant even imagine how much they would pout and moan about the officiating if that were the happen. these leheat fans I don't think know what true pain is yet when you see yuour team lose.

sure they lost a finals but knew they would be back. if we go and fkn TAKE THE CROWN from these ***** there is going to be an increase in demand for Prozac.

I truly have reached an all time high on how much I despise the leHeat. they are on the fkn tracks the trains is coming through on.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    @trailblazers We asked you to keep that on the down low. That eager to get rid of us already?
    — Phoenix Suns (@Suns) December 4, 2013

Thank U 4covering 4us @Suns-many folks think we R East of Miss River&would assume us MT @Suns @trailblazers We asked U 2keep on down low
    — Daryl Morey (@dmorey) December 4, 2013

Thats pretty funny, however I wonder if the league will fine them. I'm just thinking how will the league react to a franchise trashing an entire conference in their league

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's really funny with what's going on in the East atm. Many people, including me, was hyping it up and thinking it would be for the first time really open. Miami, Indiana, NY, Brooklyn, Chicago for the crown and also expecting Cleveland and Detroit making some noise.

Ouch.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 12-04-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Has anyone ever visited a Miami LeHeat fan message board. Here is something you may not know.

1) Spoiled bunch of pompous babies. Claim their fanbase is superior to ours yet fans leave games when LeHeat are up 20 with 6 minutes to go in a game. They did not even sell out lebrons home opener in Mia. Yet say Pacer fans are not loyal. I cant defend the years after the brawl and Reggie retiring except in that we know Indiana is a hotbed for hoops (college and HS).

2) They cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry some more over officiating. The typical LeHeat fan believes the officiating was significantly favoring the Pacers in the ECF.

You all, I hate the LeHeat as much as the next pacer fan, but after visiting a leHeat message board, omg, they are complete ******. They should start handing out tampons at home games there just from all the crying they do. It truly sickens me how spoilded that fanbase is.

3) Oh, and now that ESPN is covering the Pacers the leHeat fans are simply pi$$d about it. apparently Miami Heat fans feel like their team is not on ESPN eunff and that the BnG is receiving too much press coverage.

I really hope to see Bird, Vogel, and Team beat them down. I cant even imagine how much they would pout and moan about the officiating if that were the happen. these leheat fans I don't think know what true pain is yet when you see yuour team lose.

sure they lost a finals but knew they would be back. if we go and fkn TAKE THE CROWN from these ***** there is going to be an increase in demand for Prozac.

I truly have reached an all time high on how much I despise the leHeat. they are on the fkn tracks the trains is coming through on.
    A person calling Miami "LeHeat" is criticizing their message board members.

Pot, meet the kettle. You're black.
    David Aldridge:

"Oh, and conspiracy theorists? The NBA's Final Four are Miami (#16 TV market), Indiana (#26), San Antonio (#36), Memphis (#49). #tinfoil"

UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post: