Page 70 of 248 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Happy Miami lost today. Gotta keep ahead for that number 1 spot!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly the two teams I don't want to face in the playoffs are nets (if they ever find their groove) and the Pistons.
    Correction. The Pistons are who Miami doesnt want to play in the playoffs. They would be the worst 1st round opponent if you were a Miami fan. Their strength is the interior and thats Miami's big weakness. And one of the reasons we match up so well with Miami. Miami would win that series, but it would be no fun for them at all. The teams the Pacers dont wanna face are quickly going by the wayside. Drose is gone. New Jersey has self destructed. Only the Heat remain.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Correction. The Pistons are who Miami doesnt want to play in the playoffs. They would be the worst 1st round opponent if you were a Miami fan. Their strength is the interior and thats Miami's big weakness. And one of the reasons we match up so well with Miami. Miami would win that series, but it would be no fun for them at all. The teams the Pacers dont wanna face are quickly going by the wayside. Drose is gone. New Jersey has self destructed. Only the Heat remain.
    Pistons can just be as physical so it could be a more grind out series than people anticipate, and you never know when Josh Smith will show up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I mean Miami's rebounding is starting to become a festering, infected hole in their gameplan. It's bad.

If Miami's shooting percentage slips at all, they are going to be in huge trouble. They are getting out rebounded by 3+ boards a game most nights and that is second to last next to Milwaukee. Now obviously the Heat weren't that great on the boards last year, but their rebounding differential was not this bad.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-03-2013 at 11:08 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Pistons can just be as physical so it could be a more grind out series than people anticipate, and you never know when Josh Smith will show up.
    Thats just it...thats why the Pacers have zero reason to be worried about the Pistons...the Pistons strength is Drummond and Monroe...but past that they have nothing on the inside...whereas with Hibbert and West you have Scola and Ian to spell them...and the Pacers perimeter is far superior...The Pacers take away what can be the only advantage the Pistons can have. Besides...any team with Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings will never go anywhere in the playoffs...they might make a couple games interesting for teams like the Heat, but in the end theyre doomed.

The Pistons and Nets match up well against the Heat. Kind of sad, its only December, there are only two above .500 teams in the East, and Heat fans are already dreading the postseason.

Detroit is in an interesting spot right now. There's a huge power vacuum at the top of the conference with not much afterwards. That roster definitely has talent on it, you've got to get Smith and Jennings to buy in and play smart ball every night, but if you can I think that roster could get to the 3 seed.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So glad Miami took an L tonight....
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yay. We beat Miami. Wake me up when we play well consistently.

It's just one win. I'll start to take them seriously if they win their next 2 road games to get back to .500.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    The Russian has to be beside himself. It has to be all he has to keep from just firing everyone...everyone...wonder how many times hes called Phil Jacksons agent and offered him a blank check to come in and clean house. The amount of money hes spending on payroll and luxury taxes...Then blows another 6 million because Jason Kidd cant play nice with his assistant that he hand picked and paid out the wazoo. You couldnt make this **** up if you tried.

It's just hilarious how both New York teams have crashed and burned after all of the nauseating off-season hype. I thought this was supposed to be some great competitive crosstown rivalry that ignited a fire in the Big Apple?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

At the Warriors/Raptors game now....watching 3 former Pacers....JONeal, Hansbrough and DJ.

Watching JONeal's shooting form when he's warming up. Has he always had a very late shot release? it looks like he is releasing his shot when he is in the downward part of his jump.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

What a train wreck. They deserve to fail.

Mood

PIZZA GUY!!!! I love that kid 19 in the quarter.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Everyone is breaking their hands.

=== Bobcats lose Kidd-Gilchrist in loss to Mavs ===

Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - The Charlotte Bobcats announced forward
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist sustained a fracture in his left hand on Tuesday.

Kidd-Gilchrist left Tuesday's 89-82 loss to Dallas in the third quarter and
    did not return. The Bobcats confirmed the broken hand after the game via their
    Twitter account.
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ACN4645435.htm

LeBron cares too much about his efficiency. In this situation he needs to take more than 15 shots. He's only taking shots he knows he will make because of his efficiency stats.

GSW with quite the comeback... They are a scary matchup for anyone this post season....

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    LeBron cares too much about his efficiency. In this situation he needs to take more than 15 shots. He's only taking shots he knows he will make because of his efficiency stats.
    There's not such thing as caring too much about efficiency, by definition.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Totally I mean he only scores 26ppg shame on him He needs to quit making smart plays!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    At the Warriors/Raptors game now....watching 3 former Pacers....JONeal, Hansbrough and DJ.

Watching JONeal's shooting form when he's warming up. Has he always had a very late shot release? it looks like he is releasing his shot when he is in the downward part of his jump.
    Which is more surprising from the game?:

Jermaine O'Neal with a +30 plus-minus

Hansbrough with 3 assists

Staggering statistic in tonight's Raptors-Warriors game that I don't think I've ever seen: The Raptors had 0 defensive rebounds in the 4th quarter.

That has to be unheard of in any 12 minute stretch of organized basketball.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Mood

Vic had a triple dub tonight. Watching the game now. Aaron Afflao should get some all-star buzz. It sucks he plays for the Magic and he wont get any votes.

I bet he nets the Magic a ton if they trade him at the break. If I am a team that is one piece away I would go all in to get him. That Dwight Howard trade keeps looking better.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Vic had a triple dub tonight. Watching the game now. Aaron Afflao should get some all-star buzz. It sucks he plays for the Magic and he wont get any votes.

I bet he nets the Magic a ton if they trade him at the break. If I am a team that is one piece away I would go all in to get him. That Dwight Howard trade keeps looking better.
    If only there wasn't such severe luxury tax penalties, a Granger to Orlando for Afflalo would be nice. He'd be a perfect glue 6th man guy or starter if Bad Lance shows up.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Vic had a triple dub tonight.
    Same with MCW. I think it's a rare feat to have two opposing players, both of which are rookies, of the same position (point guard) getting their trip dubs in the same game, with almost identical stats. Haven't heard of that since being aware that NBA existed.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Same with MCW. I think it's a rare feat to have two opposing players, both of which are rookies, of the same position (point guard) getting their trip dubs in the same game, with almost identical stats. Haven't heard of that since being aware that NBA existed.
    well the game went on for ever vic played almost 50 mins.

Both times they have played each other they have stole the show.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    What a train wreck. They deserve to fail.
    Does the FO decides to re-assign Assistants?

or

Is that solely up to the Head Coach?

Just throwing it out there.....but anyone else thinks that Kidd "reassigned" Frank cuz he was concerned that he could be in the "hot seat" and the only Assistant that could potentially replace him is Frank himself?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.