Page 69 of 248 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny. They don't list "stealing from Indianapolis taxpayers" as the way Herb made his money.
    I know you're doing this stuff as a joke, but it just incites the people that actually have this opinion.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Yup. On PTI they debated "if we went 81-1 would we be the favorites to win it all?" and Kornheiser or whatever said we could win them all by 45 and it'd still be Miami.

...and I agree basically. Miami is the favorite, but if we win every game by 45 I may reconsider.

He also said they've been there and proven they can win it all, and we haven't proven any thing. We clearly haven't proven we can win a championship, but I think we have proven we have the potential.
    Yeah I thought that was kind of a slap for sure. No title but taking the champs to 7 games hasn't proven anything?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Yup. On PTI they debated "if we went 81-1 would we be the favorites to win it all?" and Kornheiser or whatever said we could win them all by 45 and it'd still be Miami.

...and I agree basically. Miami is the favorite, but if we win every game by 45 I may reconsider.

He also said they've been there and proven they can win it all, and we haven't proven any thing. We clearly haven't proven we can win a championship, but I think we have proven we have the potential.
    That really honked me off, because it would include 4 games of beating Miami (by 45 points in the extreme instance). One would think that if Chicago beating us one out of two meant they were now THE Central Division favorites (before DRose went down), it would mean trouncing Miami would leapfrog us over them as faves.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

streets ahead

Players aren't the only members of the organization who seem to be affected by the losing. The front office, as you may have heard, has been shopping Shumpert for weeks. It certainly isn't an ideal time to trade Shumpert. The third-year guard has struggled to produce during long stretches this season. His Player Efficiency Rating (a measure of a player's per-minute production) is at a career low.

So the front office, naturally, has been doing its best to increase Shumpert's trade value in its discussions with potential suitors. It has played up the fact that he's young, on a cheap contract and a two-way player.

According to league sources with knowledge of the team's talks with potential trade partners, president/GM Steve Mills' management team has also cited Mike Woodson's coaching as one reason for Shumpert's poor play.

"They're saying that Shumpert's a better player [than he's shown] but Woodson isn't using him right," one league source said.
    (ESPN New York / Ian Begley)
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    shumpert is better than he's shown and Woodson's not using him right, sooooo fire Woodson, what's the problem? Grunwald's gone and replaced with a Dolan stooge, not like there's differences of opinion, it's what Dolan wants from the top down.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd give them Copeland or Orlando lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Last edited by Strummer; 12-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.

What a freaking train wreck in Brooklyn. Basketball gods teaching them a lesson, can't just come in and buy titles anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

So who else gets to actually coach now? Don't get why they don't just fire Kidd and get someone like Hollins, he was a good coach for the Grizz.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heat vs Pacers has 84% of vote to be Tuesday's game on NBATV. Next highest is Boston @ Brooklyn at 7% lol.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sportscenter just announced Paul George is Kia Player of the Month in November in East, Durant out West.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    shumpert is better than he's shown and Woodson's not using him right, sooooo fire Woodson, what's the problem? Grunwald's gone and replaced with a Dolan stooge, not like there's differences of opinion, it's what Dolan wants from the top down.
    Always the coaches fault. It isn't Woodson's fault Shumpert can't dribble and make smart basketball plays. If I was coaching Shump I would likely use him the same way. You can't let a poor decision maker make tons of decisions. I loved his defensive potential when he came out, but he still plays like he did in college the kid is so undisciplined on both ends.

firing Woodson won't fix anything, but it is part of the business. I am sure Woody is just waiting to be put out of his misery.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    So who else gets to actually coach now? Don't get why they don't just fire Kidd and get someone like Hollins, he was a good coach for the Grizz.

Yea, this is just sad now. After this season KG has to retire right? Maybe PP too.

The Barclays Center is officially the world's most expensive dumpster fire.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Lightbulb Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

If Stuckey makes this 2 free throws, Looks like Pistons will hold on for the Heat's 4th lost
    Last edited by zaldylee; 12-03-2013 at 10:18 PM.

no Chris Bosh heroics this time.

Pistons about to beat the Heat on the road. You're welcome, Pacer fans.
    Last edited by shags; 12-03-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: You are, not your
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Pistons doing the Pacers a solid tonight.

Miami hasn't looked good lately- a ONE point win over Charlotte and now a loss at home to Detroit? Yikes.

WTG Pistons.
    Big rebounding #'s from centers tonight. Moz with 19 for Denver and Drummond with 18.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Pistons doing the Pacers a solid tonight.

Miami hasn't looked good lately- a ONE point win over Charlotte and now a loss at home to Detroit? Yikes.
    Pistons played their best game of the season. And the Heat seemed disinterested until the 4th quarter. And still almost won.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Pistons played their best game of the season. And the Heat seemed disinterested until the 4th quarter. And still almost won.
    Pretty much this, Heat are just coasting, and this game was without Wade. Lets see what happens in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Pretty much this, Heat are just coasting, and this game was without Wade. Lets see what happens in the rematch.
    Hey, I'll take it. This could be a turning point game for the Pistons. They don't know how to win, so maybe tonight helped them to figure it out.
    UncleBuck:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Hey, I'll take it. This could be a turning point game for the Pistons. They don't know how to win, so maybe tonight helped them to figure it out.
    Honestly the two teams I don't want to face in the playoffs are nets (if they ever find their groove) and the Pistons.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Russian has to be beside himself. It has to be all he has to keep from just firing everyone...everyone...wonder how many times hes called Phil Jacksons agent and offered him a blank check to come in and clean house. The amount of money hes spending on payroll and luxury taxes...Then blows another 6 million because Jason Kidd cant play nice with his assistant that he hand picked and paid out the wazoo. You couldnt make this **** up if you tried.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post: